Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hope bulb + Maxle
  • Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

Just got a set of Pikes, and have installed the 20mm conversion kit onto my front bulb hub. Problem: the total width of the hub+conversion kit is 3-5mm shorter than the gap between the fork dropouts. With the maxle tightened, the hub will slide back and forth along the axle. Aslo, the disc bolts foul on the fork leg if it's slid to that end. Clearly it need about a 3-5mm spacer on the axle at the braking side.

Surely this is not normal?! Have I been sold the wrong 20mm conversion kit? I will talk to Hope in the morning.
    🙁
    Ta
    Gareth

benjag
    Free Member

that ain't right, you should have 2 different length spacers

Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

Oh dear. The two spacers are identical. At least it should be a simple fix then! Guess they were packaged up wrong, and I;ve ended up with two short ones.
    Cheers
    Gareth

coatesy
    Free Member

Possibly Pro11 spacers,may have a set for a Bulb in the shop if you need them, e-mail me if you do and i'll check.

singlespeedstu

The short Bulb spacer is the same size as both the Pro2 spacers.
    The long Bulb spacer is as you might guess longer.

hora
    Free Member

Did you source the spacers local? Go into the shop to sort- Thats one thing you don't want to chance/guestimate.

Plus – remember the 'dial' at the end of the maxle also needs to be tightened to allow the lever to lock down firmly (create more tension).

Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

Nightmare. I got them off wiggle, and I've already installed them so not sure if they'll accept a return as the packaging has been opened.

hora
    Free Member

This one?

Call them- it sounds like the kit you received is missing spacers or has the wrong ones included. Or…if they could talk you through- you are installing them wrong?

Post this on mtbr.com forums as well- should be some more people with expereinces on there.

Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

Just spoke to hope. I think I have two of the short spacers, rather than one short and one long.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Gareth_Uglow – Member
    Nightmare. I got them off wiggle, and I've already installed them so not sure if they'll accept a return as the packaging has been opened.

They've sent you the wrong item so it's their problem.

They are generally pretty helpful IME.

hora
    Free Member

They've sent you the wrong item so it's their problem.

+1

They should ensure it arrives first thing tomorrow am for you. Its not hard to do either seeing as they can post before 3.30 to ensure it gets to you in time to ride this weekend.

Gareth_Uglow
    Free Member

Cool. Think Hope are going to sort it out, the chap on the phone was really helpful. I do love Hope! Have put in a return request to Wiggle anyway. I wonder if it'll turn up in time to ride tomorrow? 🙄

singlespeedstu

Post this on mtbr.com forums as well- should be some more people with expereinces on there.

I think you'll find the question's already been answered….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hope bulb + Maxle’ is closed to new replies.