Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope BBs
  • xcgb
    Free Member

do they last much longer that XTR bbs? are they worth the extra cost?

Ta

Xc

mattmbk
    Free Member

In my experience no and no.
    Just buy the one you like the look of.

richmtb

No experience of XTR BB’s but I have Hope BB’s in both bikes and they are both totally smooth after more than 2 years. Which is excellent compared to every other external BB I’ve tried

Bruce

It might also be worth looking at Phil Woods BBs available from Sideways Cycles, don’t know how much they are but the replacment bearings in existing cups have been very reliable

ruscle
    Free Member

3 years on my Hope BB and still smooth like new.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I was really impressed with a 2nd hand Hope bb, I went and splashed out on a new one for my other bike. Seems good value to me considering the buttery smooth quality.

Buy a decent fitting tool to prevent scratching the anodizing though

xcgb
    Free Member

Cheers guys
    I ride all year round so normally get about 15-18mths out of a shimano one so was thinking I’d try hope and see if its better

andycs

3yrs on Hope ceramic, just remove and clean now and again and it’s as smooth as a very smooth thing!

Northwind

About 2-3 times as long as Shimano IME. Pretty though. As far as I can tell, if you’re one of those people that mysteriously destroys shimano BBs in 10 seconds flat, Hope is a good buy (more tolerant of overtightening?)

Gamut’s EXT24 is good as long as you don’t mind cleaning it from time to time- comes in pretty colours, and lasts almost as long as Hope but costs less than half as much. Easily replaced bearings too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope BBs’ is closed to new replies.