Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Holy shit Batman – my forks exploded!
  • WillC9999
    Free Member

Bought a Fox F100 RL a few weeks back. Fitted them, rode twice – all good. Then today. Went off to do the upper Nidderdale circuit and was riding up a gently undulating road with the lockout on. No potholes, jumping, messing about, just riding.
    Next thing I know the rebound rod flies up into the air followed by a spray of oil!
    Looks like it just snapped off. Bizarre. I’ve emailed Mojo (where I bought it) and am imagining it to be an unfortunate manufacturing defect.
    Anyone else nearly been speared by a rebound rod? Is this a ‘known’ issue or a one in a million/thousand/hundred…?

Mackem

If you rode twice you probably went beyond the recommended service interval for a Fox fork – your fault.

WillC9999
    Free Member

Ha ha!
    Time for a RockShox?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

What Mackem said.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Mackem – Haha

Send back for warranty and try again

WillC9999
    Free Member

Want to recommend a 120mm XC type fork? Light-ish, lockout, nothing fancy.

marsdenman
    Free Member

If you rode twice you probably went beyond the recommended service interval for a Fox fork – your fault.

LOL 😉
    My 2006 F100 RL are not long back from MOJO, having been for their first ever service one careful owner from new!
    Now, i’m not known for riding very regularly, or getting ‘rad to the gnarr’ nor am I a flyweight but I do know I was well beyond any form of service interval advice…. MOJO came back saying there’s plenty of life in them yet… and their <ahem> tweaking to my weight has made a world of difference 🙂

WillC9999
    Free Member

Did I fail to mention I was 18st..?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Holy shit Batman – my forks exploded!’ is closed to new replies.