Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 215 total)
  • Hit t'North
  • ninkynonk
    Free Member

fantastic event… snow, mulled wine and a brass band should be renamed “The Xmas Hit the North” !

massive thank you to all the organisers, marshalls and people who helped push the cars out

thanks to Rusty for arranging the post ride curry, it was nice to meet a few peeps. I’m sure WCA mentioned that he organised an event but I didn’t quite catch the name of it. 😉 Sorry I had to dash off and not go on to the 2nd pub but I needed to attempt to get home.

Roll on next year…

Pook

I reckon we skip the race bit and just go back for the curry! 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Shame I missed out on the curry but it was good to manage to catchup in the pub and have a bit of a blether. Nice to meet some more folk for real.

It does amuse me how little people look like I imagine them.

Pook

You’ll have to qualify that TJ – did my rugged good looks match my online persona?

Junkyard
    Free Member

you were so good looking my legs were weak for the entire race

hallz
    Free Member

I’m sure WCA mentioned that he organised an event but I didn’t quite catch the name of it

If WCA is the guy that i meandered across the field of despair chatting to, then i think its called the ‘Big Bike Bash’ and its held down in the New Forest. I dont have any other info though!

Pook

The Big Bike Bash you say? What’s that then?

Junkyard – I have that effect on people. Having looked in a mirror that morning, my legs were weak all race too.

D0NK

In 15 years of riding round here I have never seen it,

ooooh I like a challenge, will have a go with gears once snow clears 🙂

RustySpanner

Nice to meet everyone and finally get a glimpse of Hora’s famous wallet:
    I’ve never seen a 10 shilling note in real life before. 🙂

Glad that Mark & Dave got home safely, was looking a bit dodgy at one point.

We’ll definitely have to do the cruet throwing contest curry again next year, once they’ve forgotten who we are. 😀

Did anyone else manage to fall into the stream, btw?
    I made Shaun from Cooksons laugh so hard I think he lost a place.

D0NK

Big bike what? Never heard of it

hallz
    Free Member

Big bike what? Never heard of it

If i misheard whilst puffing and chugging across the Field of Despair then i sincerely apologise! I will try and listen better next time 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Pook – Member

You’ll have to qualify that TJ – did my rugged good looks match my online persona?

I was expecting somone chunky and hairy – more like this but no engine

I am sorry – My imagination is a very odd thing. DrP should have been twenty years older and more tweedy

nbt

Nice to meet everyone and finally get a glimpse of Hora’s famous wallet:

**** me, did Hora turn up then?

Wozza
    Free Member

Many thanks to all the organisers and my fellow riders for making my first race the most fun two hours riding i’ve ever done! I finished 182nd.

Was brilliant and I want to do it all over again tomorrow morning. Who’s up for it?

Warwick (Riding the white Fuel Ex 9.8)

D0NK

Hallz, that was sarcasm 🙂

Anyone know what the unbadged on-one was? Prototype? Looked abit like a carbon 456 but dropouts were not bolt ons, either carbon or heavily shaped ali, black on-one wheels could have been a 29er only got a quick look.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

ah, i’ve said it once already but so what- it was an absolutely brilliant day, and andrew (HtS) and jason (terrahawk) should be very proud of this institution they’ve created!
    would have been nice to try to put a few more faces to names though; a few of you would have seen me on car park directing duties from first thing in the morning and then marshalling up next to the footbridge over the motorway.

and which one of you asked me if i was binners please?!

tthew

would have been nice to try to put a few more faces to names though;

Badges. We all need badges.

a few of you would have seen me on car park directing duties from first thing in the morning and then marshalling up next to the footbridge over the motorway.

Ah, right. You told me that it was colder at 7.00am when I was complaining at about 9.00 😀

hallz
    Free Member

and then marshalling up next to the footbridge over the motorway.

haha was it you marshalling the bridge when the fella slipped past you on lap 1 and followed some random bikers over the bridge?

Bet he still finished ahead of me!

D0NK

Herbivore That was me, I think you’ve trimmed ur beard since I met u at an STW ride a while back. I recognised the face but wasn’t sure, only briefly seen binners before but remembered him mentioning doing htn on a big bouncy FSer jumped to wrong conclusion.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

hallz, that fella was a member of this very forum too! i won’t name him though in case he doesn’t want it to be brought up, that’s up to him! he came back after 5 minutes or so though.

D0NK- ah, yes mate! the beard comes and goes; mostly it’s gone these days though. binners is much fruitier than i am (and was riding a lasses bike yesterday, as it happens!)

Harry_the_Spider

I will. It was Plumber.

yfronts_brian
    Free Member

Not many crashes this year due to the frozen ground but there was a few 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

We got down the main part of that on the tandem only to topple over on a small root at the bottom 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

surprised how many don’t even try to ride it

sambob
    Free Member

Plenty of mincing there, even by my standards.

banks
    Free Member

If Brian’s at bottom of hill providing ‘encouragement’ It’s best to walk 🙂

2hottie
    Free Member

Can we have a video of those that nailed it please Brian, AKA me, every time! and some on cross bikes, Really enjoyed the short downs on the route, great fun buzzing back wheels only to watch them pull away again on the straights..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

30 second vid of us
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzqiVHWsoRw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

brakes
    Free Member

sefton
    Free Member

any pics or footage of the berm section?

binners

Donk – Its easy to get Herbivore and myself confused. We both ooze a certain ruggedly handsome northern charm.

However he’s a lot more GGGGGGGNNNNNNAAAAAAARRR than me, slightly hairier of face with less of a predilection for sausages. And he’s right… I was indeed riding a lasses bike on Saturday. With comedy 1.7 skinny tyres

ninkynonk
    Free Member

“surprised how many don’t even try to ride it”

why does it always look easy from the bottom!

Harry_the_Spider

My claim to fame is that I was both the first and last victim of The Endura Free Fall on Saturday.

I fell down it when I put the Endura flag up and I went through the ice at the bottom in to 12″ of water when I went to take it down again.

I hate that hill.

Pook

it looked easy from the top too ;o)

Harry_the_Spider

It’ll be all change next year. The Trail Pixies and their diggers are on their way soon.

Berm me up Scotty.

binners

?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

If they build that, i’m entering next year for sure.

sefton
    Free Member

can you plough that horrible lumpy field up and build that please?

nbt

xherbivorex – Member
    If they build that, i’m entering next year for sure.

I’m not. I might hire a slo-mo video camera and make a fortune off You’ve Been Framed though.

Harry_the_Spider

can you plough that horrible lumpy field up and build that please?

But where would all the hairy cows live during the summer?

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 215 total)

The topic ‘Hit t'North’ is closed to new replies.