Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 195 total)
  • HIT THE NORTH – UNDER THREAT
  • miketually
    Free Member

Some people are never happy 🙂

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I've done two HTN winter sprinters and they were great. I love local grass roots racing and would do the summer one except we are having our 2nd baby in about 2 weeks and even I don't think I could get a pass out a few weekends after to do the race.

Don't listen to the moaners, how many of them are organising anything?

Good luck with the event, I hope it comes off.

{I'll put something on my facebook as well)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Carrying is part of the fun!

Howd me back…

miketually
    Free Member

Howd me back…

And some people don't like pushing slowly up hills in large groups.

Vive la différence!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

And some people don't like pushing slowly up hills in large groups

I only meant that for me, pushing isn't part of the fun at all 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Hope you get the numbers up 🙁

Ps. Guys- please offer support (SIMON!. It may not be your personal cup of tea but some folk really enjoyed the achievement. Pook was grinning ear to ear after his solo achievement this year. 😀

br
    Free Member

We weren't moaning, just trying to help out – and the website is too 'difficult' to navigate.

Nezbo
    Free Member

SFB stop being an ass, these guys are doing a lot to help and promote Mountain biking (and Cyclocross) with spending a lot of their own time arranging events like this, I personally enjoy doing these events. If it's not your cup of tea don’t try and spoil it for the rest of us. The event has a great atmosfier and is great fun…

Sorry for the mini rant 🙁 but not in a good mood today 🙁 grr…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

SFB stop being an ass, these guys are doing a lot to help and promote Mountain biking

Um, Neil, I was talking about something else. I'll reserve criticsm of HTN for when people have been ranting on endlessly about it for a month like last time :o)

hora
    Free Member

I might come along and heckle again (and have some of that nice porridge).

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I will see if I can get a link up on the Big Bike Bash website. Similar target audience but different geographies.

I really wish you luck. You were part of the inspiration for the BBB.

Nezbo
    Free Member

SFB stop being an ass, these guys are doing a lot to help and promote Mountain biking

Um, Neil, I was talking about something else. I'll reserve criticsm of HTN for when people have been ranting on endlessly about it for a month like last time :o)

In that case sorry mate 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

Hora, if you're free to heckle you're free to race. Sign up and pay up. You don't have to actually do it if you don't want to on the day. 🙂

Bunnyhop

Come on Hora, we only have one team signed up so far from the South Manchester Massive, put your money where your mouth is.

With 60 odd members that's a bad turnout, all around Manchester too.

philfive
    Free Member

the one problem is its 8 hours long, none of my mates would be interested in doing it with me and im not capable of riding 8 hours and enjoying it 🙁

nbt

philfive – Member

the one problem is its 8 hours long, none of my mates would be interested in doing it with me and im not capable of riding 8 hours and enjoying it

You can take a break you know. I think MikeTually only did four solo laps at the first (12 hour) HtN

miketually
    Free Member

I did three laps, I think. Combination of mechanical and the mud and the lure of beer. Do a lap, wander and chat, do a lap, wander and chat – repeat for 12 hours.

I went all the way to Bristol for SSUK in 2007 and did about 1/3 of one lap before my bike exploded 🙂

Sam

Unfortunately it's the weekend after ST Weekender and Kirroughtree back to back so I can't do it, otherwise I'd be there.

hora
    Free Member

Could you postpone 1 month?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Could you postpone 1 month?

You're doing something that weekend!

Bunnyhop

Muddypuddle – I'm a female oldgit type and I do it for fun, however there will be others who will take it all seriously and go out to win.
    It's a very easy going event and suits all types of riders.

The main thing is to enjoy yourself imo.

miketually
    Free Member

If it's like the last and first ones, everyone will go off together and be on the course at the same time. There were no problems caused by this that I know about.

miketually
    Free Member

I just entered.

(Verified by f****** Visa really boils my p***.)

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

It's on the SingletrAction front page if that helps at all 😎

http://www.singletraction.co.uk/index.php

miketually
    Free Member

Plugged it on the Hamsterley Trailblazers forum too: http://www.hamsterley-trailblazers.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1349 (members only, I think)

ourmaninthenorth

I'm trying to find a partner for it. Otherwise I may just have to sign up as a solo (roughly translated as: find Miketually and drink beer with him 😀 ).

Bunnyhop

You 2 can keep nbt entertained while I slog it around the course.

nbt

we'll be there from Friday night. Same outfit as last time Mike, silver Octavia and beige tent – come camp with us, I'll have beer 🙂 Tom, you;re welcome to drop by too.

I actually plan to be out on course for most of the day, taking photos. I could do with another recce ride to pick out a good spot – any chance of an evening spin?

peachos
    Free Member

is the website down for everyone at the moment??

Harry_the_Spider

More stuff…

Categories

Solo Male
    Solo Female
    Pair Male
    Pair Female
    Pair Mixed
    Team Male
    Team Female
    Team Mixed

No age categories because 1) It dilutes the prize fund 2) We can’t be arsed.

The event finishes at 19:00, so if you leave the pits at 18:59:59 you will get another lap but you will be last in the beer tent.

The event is 8 hours long to avoid us needing another shift of marshals. We need 30 of them every four hours! (How people get away with 1 marshal every 3 miles I don’t know). The last lot of marshal can get off the course in day light too. Also it means that we need on less shift for medical cover which costs an absolute wedge. The upside is that it will make more of the after show party/gig/piss up.

The website works fine on my computer. News updates on the front, details on the tabs. As I couldn’t see a fault I didn’t know there was one to be fixed.

The comment about Sat Nav has put a real bee up my ass. If your Sat Nav is telling you that the event is under a bridge that crosses a motorway then the chances are that you should be on the bridge (which was within 100m of the sign in). Don’t blame us. Get a better Sat Nav.

Right them. As I’m supposed to be on holiday I’m going out for a pint and something to eat.

Over and Out.

nbt

Down for me too, Harry (or anyone else who can poke the server)
    http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.hitthenorth.net/

Harry_the_Spider

Just done some frantic phoning around about the website. It'll be back up soon.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

You could try the Big Bike Bash approach to cost reductions. Only have 6 marshalls on the course, none for the night ride. No St Johns. No insurance. The guests can run some of the events. Get as much done for free or beer tokens as possible. Find a location that will host the event in return for all money made.
    You won't get rich but you will have a damn good party

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

And it is all for charidee mate

terrahawk
    Free Member

hosting outfit are doing a db upgrade, that's why the site's down. It'll be back soon fo' sho'.

All those that have helped big this race up today (including, surprisingly, beat combo The Futureheads) – thanks. Whatever the outcome you're all ace.

ourmaninthenorth

You know what, I think I might just turn up on the rigid SS and amble round.

My racing season hasn't started really this year, so what have I to lose…?

terrahawk
    Free Member

You know what, I think I might just turn up on the rigid SS and amble round.

why not turn up on a rigid ss and scorch round? You know, try to win?

Harry_the_Spider

No marshals, no first aid, no insurance!

Not with the first section of singletrack that we've got. It makes the bombhole look like a speed hump. 😯

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

We had 12 year olds doing the lake jump!

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Good luck and I hope you pull it off

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 195 total)

The topic ‘HIT THE NORTH – UNDER THREAT’ is closed to new replies.