Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)
  • Hit The North 3 – Picture Links
  • GregMay
    Free Member

Mr Martin overtook me on the first lap there, taking the alt line.

terrahawk
    Free Member

/burns TT3D DVD/

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I rode the proper line
    *polishes halo*

(only ‘cos we were scared of the steep line)

sambob
    Free Member

I can’t even remember most of my laps. Riding along the river on my last lap just doesn’t even exist in my head, and I didn’t even fall off 😕

Harry_the_Spider

River?

twinklydave

PS Dave, better buck your ideas up now that Phil has got a “Works” ride. There are only so many places in the van.

Wait…

…there’s a van? 😯

sambob
    Free Member

The wooded valley with the river on the left of the path, with the steps up to the right at the end.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Thanks nbt, I’ve stolen the pic of TJ and his Responsible Adult for my FB page.

@TJ – (only ‘cos we were scared of the steep line) – Did I ever get a choice? I notice we only got snapped on the flat bits. We must have been a blur on any downhills…

RustySpanner

That used to be Asylum Clough, I think.
    It’s probably called the ‘On One Valley of Dreams’ now. 😉

Did Preparation H not fancy coughing up the cash to sponsor their own little bit of heaven?

terrahawk
    Free Member

it was indeed known as Asylum Clough. There are the remains of a medieval deer pale on the other side of the path too.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

LOl @ slowoldgit

RustySpanner

Lurkers!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

there was a bad spate of mechanicals

RustySpanner

TandemJeremy – Member

there was a bad spate of mechanicals

Did you all get your big girls blouses caught in the rear wheel?
    🙂

Vortexracing

Is that junkyard fiddling with his zipper (on his blouse) 😀

and the guy in the middle has broken out his camo jacket so as not to be seen lurking.

ton

what a set of lazy buggers…………. 😆

2hottie
    Free Member

NBT,

Some great photo’s of me shredding it to the core, so how do I get some of them off you?

Also I don’t get the waiting in the woods? is it to not do another lap? because surely that would be a great idea? The course was ACE!!!!! surely you’d want to do another lap?!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

2hottie – if we had set out to do another lap it might have been dark by the time we got back.

RustySpanner

TJ, you’d have used less energy riding another lap than you spent pushing all those BMW’s up that bloody hill. 🙂

nbt

Some great photo’s of me shredding it to the core, so how do I get some of them off you?

Glad you like them 😀

Note the images you want and drop me an email with the details – my email address is in my profile

D0NK

Loads of shortcuts being taken on that bend too I notice.

ahem, sorry

I’d kind of assumed it was up to the rider, risk/reward, take the easy long way, or risk cutting the corner to make up a couple of places.

BTW what was the deal with the rock sections on the drinkwater trails? There seemed to be tape across the chicken run but it had been cut – it was cut on the first lap. Last minute decision by you or some cheeky race leaders not liking to look of the rocks?

2hottie
    Free Member

NBT

I’ll do it today,

TJ you seemed to do ok and another lap wouldn’t have taken that long.

Also cheers for pushing the Blue 330d I was in up the hill of doom.

Again this event is why I like biking, top banter with everyone around the course, I’m still buzzing about it!

Harry_the_Spider

Also cheers for pushing the Blue 330d I was in up the hill of doom.

That was you was it? Next year Beemers and camper vans won’t be allowed in to the lower car park.

Harry_the_Spider

Did I just say next year?

terrahawk
    Free Member

BTW what was the deal with the rock sections on the drinkwater trails? There seemed to be tape across the chicken run but it had been cut – it was cut on the first lap. Last minute decision by you or some cheeky race leaders not liking to look of the rocks?

the tape was cut by someone in the race on the first lap.
    there will be something more substantial there next time. cutting tapes is cheating after all 👿

DrP

^ All that would happen is those on road bikes would get off and jog over the bumps!!

DrP

😉

GregMay
    Free Member

^ All that would happen is those on road bikes would get off and jog over the bumps!!

DrP

By which you mean ride over faster than the slow MTB riders 🙂

DrP

Probably!

DrP

GregMay
    Free Member

That section was awesome in the 8hr race of years past. Trying to ride it all off the brakes by the end. Even more fun on a CX bike.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

people took short cuts??? FFS

Kick ’em out.

I need some way of improving on 47th. Inclusion of the DNF in the results has put me in the top 16.9%, I am that sad.

RustySpanner

That’s a really good blog.
    Nice one Matthew Harding.

Personally, I admire the racers, the hardcore blokes, carved out of teak on cross bikes and with the thousand yard stares.

But I just love the ‘fat blokes on flats and mtb’s with Karrimor Jackets’:
    I’m one of them and if it wasn’t for the encouragement of Jason and Andy and the rest I’d never have had the balls to enter a bike race at all.

But I’m really glad I did – five races done, lost the fear, met some great people and I’m really looking forward to the next one.

Pook

crap vid

[video]http://vimeo.com/36433947[/video]

terrahawk
    Free Member

crap vid

give over. That’s a cracker! It made me smile anyway.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Pook – good video, but MBR buff. Dear me, have some pride man.

Pook

I can’t afford a proper one :o(

I actually asked my mrs that morning; “yellow or green?”. Both MBR ones.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Cheers for the feedback on the ‘blog’ post.
    Cracking day and a great bunch of people.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

well, given that choice I think u went for the right one.

😉

dawson

@Pook – your vid makes it look like we were nearly last through the gate at the start!
    If I enter again I think there needs to be some sharpening of elbows to make a bit more progress.

minnellium
    Free Member

Just seen all this talk about that line on that right hander on top of the random post descent. What’s all this about? It’s a bleeding obvious fast line. I took it every lap. I assumed those going round to the left were frightened because it was a drop-in.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Hit The North 3 – Picture Links’ is closed to new replies.