• This topic has 86 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by GW.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Hi From Edinburgh
  • SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

Howz it people?

This site was recommended to me by an old timer, he reckons that there is scope for meeting up with folks in the Burgh to go for rides.

I am fairly new to mountain biking, but I have been on wheels since I was four, so I am not bad for a newbie.

Drop a line if you wanna chat, hook-up for a ride or whatever.

Peace

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Do you realise what you’ve done?

You’ve opened the Gates of Hell… 😯

Now you have entered, you can never leave. Every ounce of your soul will be consumed. Every waking moment of your life will become a Living Nightmare, and when you try to sleep, the sound of tortured souls will scream at you, from beyond the dark.

There are no refunds given, when you make a deal in Hades.

Most folk are ok once they’ve had a nice cup of tea, though!

Welcome to The Jungle…. X 🙂

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

Mwah ha ha ha!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    househusband
    Free Member

Hi SC – I live in Edinburgh (area) and would be happy to hook up for a ride. As a soon-to-be-jobless-teacher it looks like I’ll have lots of times for rides in a few weeks once term ends!

juan
    Free Member

househusband what are you doing on the 30th and july the 1st?

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

Househusband, I seem to be available on those dates

juan
    Free Member

looks like someone need to practice his/her forum skills

juan
    Free Member

oups wrong thread…

rolfharris
    Free Member

There’s a large and very active Embra contingent on http://www.mlehworld.com – I’m in St Andrews and get down there sporadically too.

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

ooppps juan!

juan
    Free Member

yep as you say chérie 😉

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

There is a group ride into the pentlands every saturday morning which is a great way to meet people. It leaves from Westgarth Ave. in Colington at 10am, officially it is part of ERC (Edinburgh Road Club) but there is no lycra required!

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

And what if I am worried about being to slow…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hiya – I’m Edinburgh based as well – and often out for a slow pootle around

robgarrioch

Me too – stay in Bonaly for easy Pentland access – sky blue helmet (hur hur) + water bottle + Revolution Triad 2 most of the time, occasionally spesh pitch-pro to stretch its legs. Good training grounds, the Pentlands, + there seems to be a home made mini DH developing down white hill plantation… (I) always say hi to others who are out, whatever the reaction!

juan
    Free Member

mind you if you want to show me around sb I am looking for a place to ride/crash on the 30th/1st 🙂

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

juan – we could hook up on the weekend of the 30th/1st.

How about this weekend? I am free on both Sat and Sun.

juan
    Free Member

LOL
    I am in Nice south of France…
    Coming in scotland from the 25th to the 1st. Busy until monday the 29th. Free tuesday and probably wednesday morning for a ride though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Juan – I could – I’ll even wear a helmet that day ( incase you hit me with a 4×2 🙂 )

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

Cool Juan, we can meet up then. Give us a reminder though!

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

Cool Juan, we can meet up then. I might need a reminder nearer the time though!

juan
    Free Member

sure
    I am off in a work trip in a bit but I’ll remind you at some point begining of next week

househusband
    Free Member

househusband what are you doing on the 30th and july the 1st?

At the moment, looks like not much!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Rude: don’t be such a drame queen 🙂

SaboteurCherie: good forum name

Northwind

I’m often out and about in the pentlands but I’m antisocial 🙂 Don’t ride well with others really. But if you see a sweaty skinny guy with an inexplicable number of pads on, on a black and white cotic, that’s probably me, say hi…

SaboteurCherie
    Free Member

Buzz- thanks for the compliment.

Northwind- Maybe see u there one day.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

we have a yahoo group, search for Pentlandpedalers. Somebody is usually out a couple of times a week, always relaxed and sociable. My mate probably has the best trail knowledge of the Pents, he’s always off exploring sheep tracks. I think he’s looking for trails…… We also got to Glentress etc and ride round Newtongrange/Dalkieth/Newbattle. The Glentress Trailfairies are a good way of meeting folkds to ride with and the trailbuilding is usualyy followed by a ride.

househusband
    Free Member

…and ride round Newtongrange/Dalkieth/Newbattle

That’s where I live!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

You don’t park a Rocky Mountain outside the gym in Nitten do you?

gamo
    Free Member

stevenmenmuir i live in dalkeith, where are you riding around newtongrange etc?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Round and round the woods, there’s loads of stuff. Newbattle golf course is a clue/good starting point.

househusband
    Free Member

You don’t park a Rocky Mountain outside the gym in Nitten do you?

No, I live just up the road from Gamo – just off the A68!

gamo
    Free Member

I know all around the abbey/golf course never really see anybody else though!
    well cept Andy (HH above).
    Do you live nearby?

househusband
    Free Member

…never really see anybody else though…

I’ve seen MTB tyre tracks in the area…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I live in Newtongrange, been here for a couple of years. Will be going out for a quick blast tomorrow night while our wee lad is at Beavers/Cubs.

gamo
    Free Member

Yeah but its like the yeti, footprints but no sightings!

gamo
    Free Member

Steven a group of us ride locally on a tues night anyone’s welcome!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If I’m riding past the golf course at warp factor 5 then you’d only have to blink and you’d miss me:D especially just before the wee bridge.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I am Edinburgh based as well, been off bike for 6 months but hopeful of getting all clear to start off-road riding again soon. Would be good to meet some local riders, may help drag me out and speed up the rehab.

stevenmenmuir will check out Yahoo.

Cheers

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’d be up for that gamo, tues and weds are generally good for me. Do you use the MTBSCOTLAND yahoo group?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Hi From Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.