Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Help Serious Wallet opening ahead
  • makkag
    Free Member

Done what i can on my HT and it will stay with me as my pootle/crap weather bike . but the time has come to drop some serious money on a plaything ..
    My needs are – All day bike Climbs as well as it decends , Fun in the alps Can take a few hits ..Great Customer service warrenty experiance and will last for a good while

I have trialed many and am now stuck on two frames they both have their benefits but im now absolutely at a loose end on what frame will become my big build and first ever bouncy bike

Ladys and Gentlemen i Give you the Turner 5 Spot (Ugly as hell but dam its good) and the Beautifull and extremely capable Alloy Yeti ASR 5

Comments for me to take on board please as im at a loss choosin and really wanna start the build next month .. anyone lucky to have both ??

mrmo
    Free Member

If you want warranty experience your going to have to look at companies like Specialized and Trek.

scaredypants

turner has pretty good warranty I think ??

makkag
    Free Member

Im afraid the big twos bikes just dont get me wet ! Really is out of these two im looking for owner experiance of warrenty etc .. im sold on one of these two after trialing most makes so interested in hearing of warrenty issues on the above really !

toys19
    Free Member

I’ve got a transition covert and I’ve found both surf sales the uk distrib and transition usa to be awesome on the communications front, havent had a warranty issue as yet but it looks good so far. Only a 2 year warranty but tough bikes they are.

And the main thing is, the covert is the bike that fits your description perfectly.

makkag
    Free Member

Couldnt get a ride on one as a demo and knew no-one that had .. but it was on the list .. shame .. but .. dont make me start looking again .. my money is going on one of these two !! but which !

rexated
    Free Member

turner have one of the best warranty reputations in the business by all accounts.

sambob
    Free Member

Turner FTW.

wrecker
    Free Member

If you want warranty experience your going to have to look at companies like Specialized and Trek.

Turner are renowned for their second to none warranties. 5 spot for your description. It ain’t as pretty as the yeti but it certainly ain’t ugly. The 5 spot is more comparable to the SB66 than the asr 5 IMHO.

andrewh
    Free Member

Had excellent warenty experience with Yeti (albeit through previous importer, Evolution)
    Racing an ASR-C this year. When my big bike finally calls it a day an ASR-7 will be very near the top of my list. Along with a Pivot 5.7 carbon. Maybe a used Bullit if the budget isn’t there… Anyway, definately recomend Yeti.

makkag
    Free Member

This thread is just going to confuddle me even more i think !

Personly i think the turner performed slightly better but im just not in love with being on it the way i was with the yeti ..

Head is currenly saying turner but the repressed 20 something that is still in me in my 30s is saying YETI!

ruscle
    Free Member

Got the Yeti and run it with 140mm forks and throw it down most things, the bike is ace and can take a pounding. It has improved my riding and riding style no end. But if I owned the Turner I would probably say the same thing, can’t go wrong with either. I’m 38 if that helps…

makkag
    Free Member

Ruscle cheers – i would also be running at 140.. just remove the headset spacer right ?

parisroubaix

I own the turner and have had no reliability issues in 3 years; apparently some 09 flux frames cracked and I heard they were all replaced by turner with new ones. Another plus for the turner would be the bushings and ease of maintaining them- running as well after 3 years as when new.

ruscle
    Free Member

I like my front end quite high so its down to personal preference so run it with the CK external headset and about an inch of spacers:

[/url]
    DSC02728 by radsik gnarly!, on Flickr[/img]

I struggled to post this picture as it dosen’t do the bike any justice.

makkag
    Free Member

Another plus for the turner would be the bushings and ease of maintaining them- running as well after 3 years as when new.

Its a huge selling point for me that! and the wrench at the LBS’s Choice out of the two ! Even though in his words he would see me less !

Its gonna be flip a coin at this rate !

jedi

it comes down to want

makkag
    Free Member

Ha ha .. I want the Yeti . but feel the 5 spot is the right bike ! Buggered !

When its done im gonna come learn me some propper skills at your place .. would be rude not to being only 20 miles away ! Been holding off as i have only had HT and have a feeling everything changes !

out of interest your choice out of the 2 ?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Help Serious Wallet opening ahead’ is closed to new replies.