Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help required – what's wrong with my fox forks???
  • geminafantasy
    Free Member

Cleaning the bike yesterday noticed that the little allen bolt holding the blue top cap of the rebound adjuster was sounding gritty as it turned, also noticed that the bolt was turning with it so must have been loose.

I took off the bolt and cap, cleaned out the gunk and fitted it back on, but now the cap doesnt move or click like it was before and it seems to sit lower than before. Seen as i know nothing of the workings of forks i thought i should try and get some advice from the brilliant mechanical minds on singletrack! 😉

my lockout still works, but the rebound appears to be stuck on the slowest rebound setting, please help! 🙂

leebaxter
    Free Member

Just guessing. but you have probs lost the ball bearing that makes the clicks.

lipseal
    Free Member

+1 for lost balls, happened to me the other week but managed to find them with a magnet and a lot of swearing. If you can’t find them go to mojo or loco.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The ball bearings are just a standard size – easily replaceable. IIRC there are a series of holes in the top of the fork but only half of them have springs and balls in them. Take the cap off and check. you should be able to see the springs in some of the holes – should be a ball bearing on top of each spring.

Your lbs should be able to source some balls for you 😉

geminafantasy
    Free Member

ahh yeah this seems to be it then! Didnt realize there was a bearing within the top cap it must have fallen out when i took it off, can u not just buy them separably and replace them? Mojo seems a little overkill for such a small thing, would be a shame if i had to do that for something apparently so trivial as a bearing!

lipseal
    Free Member

There are only balls in the lock out lever, the small grub screws press on the balls and they locate on a recess on the bit that sticks out in the middle, have got a nice picture I’ll post in a min they are tiny I tried eBay etc but no luck.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As I said – the bearing are a standard size – I can’t remember what but I have a bag full of them and your LBS will have them in stock. 3 /16yths maybe?

geminafantasy
    Free Member

yeah sorry TJ you must have posted that as I was writing, thanks for advice very helpful 🙂

lipseal
    Free Member

If you do find an LBS that stocks them put it on the post because I’ll order from them. Good luck

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help required – what's wrong with my fox forks???’ is closed to new replies.