Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Help please on how to find out who owns a car
  • carlos
    Free Member

Mrs had a bit of a weird one today with a car on the way to the gym that kept slowing down and at one point stopped in the carrigeway and then attempted to reverse. She is adamant that she wasn’t driving to close at any point and after the first braking incident backed off even further.

Thing is she is a little freaked out as when she reported it to the police they confirmed that they lived reasonably close to us, but couldn’t expand on that. She has asked if the police will do a doorstep call to the other drivers house anyway, but I’m curious as to how close, close is.

I’m not going to go round with bombers or anything so put the pitchforks away. 😉

Email in profile if you can help

Tia
    Carl

druidh
    Free Member

Look on it as an opportunity to have a nice long cycle round your local streets.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Did you tell the rossers about the small scratch on her car caused by the other driver? Because in that case they would (eventaully) write to you giving you his details…….
    and DVLA have a form for this purpose – just so long as you have a legit reason per the above…..

😉

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

There is an app on Android that will give registered owner, if ya know the reg,
    Think its around 3.99 . Sorry don’t know its name but shouldn’t
    be too hard to find.

kimbers

how close?

check out google maps/street view in your area see if its in their drive?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Would the rozzers normally release this info?

Why are you bothered?

legend
    Free Member

Why are you bothered?

Because secretly, the Bombers are sharpened and ready 😉

patriotpro
    Free Member

Go down every street within a couple of square mile of you until you find it.

What will you do when you find or is just for the satisfaction of knowing where THEY live?

carlos
    Free Member

Know the reg, colour, make and model so will prob have a look around when out with the dog

No damage of anything so not going down that route

Al – As I said, I’m just curious

garage-dweller

Getting harder to get dvla info unless there’s been contact between vehicles or there is a statutory provision permitting access to.the info.

I would leave it to the law to deal.

Curious about the android app and how they can get that info. I wouldnt want dvla giving out my address for no good reason. Surely that would make life a little too easy for potential scammers.

project
    Free Member

Perhaps the other driver was trying to initiate a crash for cash,they reverse and your wife hits them, how to prove they reversed.

also have a look on motor insurers bureua to see if the car is insured.

Details below

labsey
    Free Member
    STATO
    Free Member

She is adamant that she wasn’t driving to close at any point and after the first braking incident backed off even further.

Perhaps distance is not the reason? see plenty folks driving round with badly adjusted lights, perhaps she was blinding the other driver? is your car a 4×4, higher lights etc. Or maybe they just didnt agree with your mrs judgement of safe distance? (no excuse for acting like a twonk tho obviously)

carlos
    Free Member

Well close is about 700m.

Like I said, Just curious about it all

Nick

About half a mile away and she’s was worried about them reversing towards her? I would reckon, right now, there is someone 700m away reversing towards me.

carlos
    Free Member

No, he lives 700m from us.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Help please on how to find out who owns a car’ is closed to new replies.