Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Help me choose a dog.
  • Jonesy75
    Free Member

I have a Border terrier called alfie and he’s proper daft,suffers from a touch of small dog syndrome had to split him up from scrapping with a bullmastif monday,Scary thing was he was holding his own.
    Borders are cracking dogs and will make you laugh every day make sure you get the long legged type.
    Don’t be put off bying a pedigee just do your homework and buy from a respected breeder.
    if you want to see at all the different type of terriers and talk to there owners about them go to one of the country fairs as they usual have terrier shows its like a demo day for dogs 😆

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

There are some well cute pics on here and I would love the companionship of a dog, take it running/cycling! Friends have a lurcher cross of some sort and I love her. She comes MTBing around Afan and is so well trained that she will run behind us all on the DH’s. She disappears into the trees, whistle and she returns to run along side you! She’s brilliant and so does NOT get in the way and runs all the way around to sleep int he caff at the end and get a sausage sandwich!!

thing is despite Molly dog I’m terrified of dogs, I’ve spent a lot of time trying to overcome my absolute fear but it just doesn’t work. As long as it doesn’t bark at me or jump at me i’m okay … except for big dogs which scare the bejesus out of me! I know people say a dog can sense fear .. but what else can I do if I’m terrified!!

Guess I’ll just have to look at all the cute pics and dream.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Munqe-chick, seriously get over it, 99% of dogs are good with people, it’s the rest that make you scared.
    Would you get in a car, or on a plane, or cross a street? your chances are worse in almost any everyday situation.
    Saying that I have an irrational fear of toads/frogs, I just don’t like the way they jump, or scream when they die 😉
    Get one if you think you would be able to dedicate the time to it, but take it to training courses & make sure it knows who’s boss. In this situation I would recommend getting a puppy from a trusted breeder, a rescue dog will likely to have some sort of mental trauma attached, so best left to those with experience of dogs.
    Cheers.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Munge-chick let me know if you are at SITS or MM, as chances are i’ll be there with Ruby, pictures on page 3, the daftest soppiest Staffie you could meet, come and say hi, and she’ll be your friend for life

proper gangsta dog!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Easy said then done “just get over it” … if you have a fear of something despite how much I can deal with 1 or 2 dogs I know I can’t help it. I have seriously tried, done lots of work with friends with dogs and starting off with puppies etc (which tend to be fine) then they get big and OMG just can’t deal with it. Thing is crossing a road, getting on a plane do not scare me so it’s easy!!!!! strange analogy there!
    Some people can’t stand snakes, spiders and other weird fears .. unfortunately mine is dogs!!!

DezB
    Free Member

Well, Munqe-chick – it may be comforting to know you’re missing out on a good deal of stress, frustration and money outlay as well. It’s not all cuddles and outdoor fun owning a dog!

b17
    Free Member

you lot only like small dogs then?

Bran the Irish wolfhound:

FAIL

Great dog, but lots of hair…

b17
    Free Member

darn, will try again when fotopic is playing the game.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

MC, I think your saying you don’t like big dogs?
    I have no real affection for Rottwillers or Alsatians as they are bread to do a job, it doesn’t mean they are no good at what they do, certain breads are just meant to work, it installs fear in you as that is what they predominantly do, but they can still make great pets if they are trained right.
    All I’m saying is the dog is what you make it.

goon
    Free Member

you lot only like small dogs then?

No, quite the opposite here.

Can we please see the wolfhound? 😉 🙂

CheesybeanZ

webster bredon hill

Webster – he’s a `Bouvier Des Flandre’ ( a what ? ), yup, hes a big hairy 7 stone teddy bear.

b17
    Free Member

At last, here’s Bran the wolfhound!

A big, hairy, 10ish stone teddy bear! The fool thinks he’s a lap dog.

anagallis_arvensis

Bran was worth the wait, he’s a lovely looking dog.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose a dog.’ is closed to new replies.