Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Help, find some brake pads!!
  • LMT
    Free Member

Basically im after a set of pads for the Deore 2010 hydro, they are BR-M595, but no one has them listed, ive contacted my lbs's and no joy. I know a few bike stores use this forum, so anyone stock them?

The only place ive found is superstar but just don't trust there compounds!

iain1775
    Free Member

why not trust superstar, plenty of others do
    Also try discobrakes, A2Z etc?

in my opinion its silly to pay 4-5x as much for brand pads when alternatives are nowhere near 4-5 times worse

LMT
    Free Member

Discobrakes, don't stock them, sent them an email, reply was sorry but no

montylikesbeer

I have been using SS kevlar for a while and they are bob on.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

same pads as SLX/XTR etc

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

same pads as SLX/XTR etc

wot 'e said.

LMT
    Free Member

I did think that, but wanted to double check before i ordered them

LMT
    Free Member

Just ordered some from discobrakes, just hope they are the same now!

orangefive
    Free Member

SS Kevlar are good (funkin awesome) in the dry – otherwise stick to sintered.

gcaster
    Free Member

SS Kevlar are good (funkin awesome) in the dry – otherwise stick to sintered.

What are they like in the wet?
    I was tempted by them but heard they just fall apart.

Northwind

"What are they like in the wet?
    I was tempted by them but heard they just fall apart. "

Complete rubbish tbh. TJ made a big noise about them in another thread because they wore out in a couple of laps of that evil Gorrick race, but didn't make anything like as much a fuss when it turned out that Hope sintered pads did the exact same 😉

Haven't put all that many miles on mine as yet but they were flawless through the swampy bits of 10UTB at the weekend. That was loose organic mud not gritty mud so not the sort that eats pads but they kept their performance perfectly.Wear so far is what you'd expect, a bit faster than sintered but not too bad.

Oh, the paint was too thick on them and had to be chased down with a file, which is slightly irritating but a tiny criticism really, they're great pads.

orangefive
    Free Member

They are average in the wet/mud and wear down quick when used a lot in mud/hills (not 6hrs full ride) – only stick them in when hot n dry (kevlar) and they are ace in my M4s. If wet/muddy stick the sintered in, they last ages and some people just stick with them full time.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Discobrakes. the words, bargepole, touch, wouldn't and with!!!! Had 2 sets die after a jaunt around sherwood pines ffs!!!! Go superstar never had a prob with theirs.

cookeaa

Having had both Disco and SS pads fall apart on me (To be fair it wasn’t just SS that had the issue) I’ve avoided them both, I would consider any other parts from either source and I do hear people saying the backing separation thing is no longer an issue but I’m afraid it’s a case of once bitten twice shy for me with their pads…

I recently got some Clarks sintered jobbies from CRC for not much more than SS prices and thus far I’m quite impressed…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Help, find some brake pads!!’ is closed to new replies.