Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,152 total)
  • Hebden Bridge Trouser Company
  • somafunk

Our website is now live for orders of The 177.

Does this mean the original 177 Kickstarter backers (myself included) should place their order through the website?

brant
    Free Member

Robdob. Give me your desired trouser dims as per our sizing chart measurement and I’ll see what I can do.

Somafunk. Thanks for your support. No. Your order is being processed via Kickstarter who will let us have your money and full details in another 4 weeks. You will get your trousers first.

somafunk

Ahh, cheers Brant….They’ll be my very first pair of “grown-up” trousers in my wardrobe 😀 (apart from one pair of jeans that is)

robdob
    Free Member

I have no idea what measurements I would need I’m afraid.

brant
    Free Member

I have no idea what measurements I would need I’m afraid.

Do you not have a tape measure and a pair of trousers that do fit?

robdob
    Free Member

I actually don’t, hence the problem!

paul4stones

Some quality Christmas crackers have tape measures in them 😉

the-muffin-man

Just a little comment on the website Brant…

To me some better pics of the trousers would be good, rather than 2 blokes walking around. If I’m spending £100 on some strides I’d like to see a bit more detail.

…and good luck with the new venture!

nbt

Showing support for 3 points made above

1) I’m sure Jim is a lovely bloke who take nice arty photos, but please make him take MORE photos of the trousers, in a fashion which clearly shows what yo;re offering. What’s there isn’t good enough

2) leg sizes. I know I asked on facebook and you are both cyclists, but as above I often find I can’t fit my thighs in “off the peg” trousers. I have no problems spending £100 on quality trousers, but I’m a little (very) wary of whether they’ll fit. And yes, I’ll break out the tape measure before ordering

3) zips. for the love of god, they were invented well over a hundred years ago. The french bearer is a nice idea, I like it, but I’d like it with a zip

other than that hopefully constructive feedback you have my support and I am intending to buy some trews when I can get them with a zip

GregMay
    Free Member

Zips are crap.
    They are easy to forget about. Buttons aren’t.
    They break. Buttons can be replaced.
    They feel horrible if you’ve got no jocks on. Buttons… well they are a little less bad.

I for one voted/ranted down the pub one night that they should be made with buttons.

I am most pleased they will be.

slowoldman

I like buttons.
    Oh and zips.
    Velcro works too.
    Not for flys though.

As for tape measures, see the pie chart thread.

Stoner
    Free Member

I am indifferent between zips and buttons.

I’m not even bothered about photos – theyre moleskin trousers, theyre not going to look like a pink tutu. (they’re not, are they?)

But I AM nervous about what anyone means by “slim fit”.

I’m 6’4″, a perfectly acceptable* 38″ waist, but I really hope that every time I bend down, I dont cut off the blood-flow below my kneecaps, nor do I want my tackle to feel like Han Solo’s in a carbonite vacuum pack.

*if you disagree, my 38″ waist and I will see you outside in the car park.

bruneep

outside then fatty 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

*’ere, binners, hold my pie*

LoCo
    Free Member

*if you disagree, my 38″ waist and I will see you outside in the car park.

😯 Do hey make trousers that big? 😉

jimdubleyou

Do hey make trousers that big?

They went up to 40″ on the first page 😛

robdob
    Free Member

“But I AM nervous about what anyone means by “slim fit”.
    I’m 6’4″, a perfectly acceptable* 38″ waist, but I really hope that every time I bend down, I dont cut off the blood-flow below my kneecaps, nor do I want my tackle to feel like Han Solo’s in a carbonite vacuum pack.”

A friend of mine with similar stats had to throw away a nearly new pair of trousers recently for the same problem. First time he wore them he thought they were very tight under the knees. He said they were really uncomfortable when crouching down and he felt like they were cutting blood supply off!

Next day he’s in a decent amount of pain from them so they go to the charity shop.

He’s certainly not fat in any way at all, athletic build almost has a 6 pack!

Skinny or slim fit trousers are a joke!

robdob
    Free Member

I’ll measure some trousers that almost fit me later.

The measurements on the website are at the bum and knee – my main problem is the thigh and calf. Sprinting and cycling for 30 years have made them a little wider than usual so they tend to be the problem areas, not the knees.

Ed-O
    Free Member

This is great. Thanks for all the comments.

I’m intrigued by how big some of your thighs and calves actually are. Could we have some measurements please? Across waist, seat, thigh, calf, leg opening – like our sizing guide but with more detail. In inches just to keep it real.

On a personal note, I ride bikes a bit and fit the trousers fine even when squatting down to pick a penny up from the street.

Cheers Ed

Stoner
    Free Member

Will do.

I will also measure my favourite troos: levi 514 to give an idea of what I consider comfortable clearances from nuts to gusset etc

drlex
    Free Member

Having just ripped the seat of my favourite work trews yesterday, how is production going on the initial run?
    Any chance of an early pair? TIA!

peekay

Please don’t go changing the fly and fit of those already ordered because some chubsters want them a bit flappier.

I backed the project as I prefer a button fly and slimmer fitting trousers so will be disappointed if the big boys bully you in to changing.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Personally I can’t stand “slim fit” jeans/trousers – males wearing them should give them back to their girlfriends and reminded “getting into her pants” wasn’t meant literally….
    Better idea would be 2-3 “styles shirley?
    It’s fairly obvious already that these aren’t going to fit a large proportion of the target audience 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Please don’t go changing the fly and fit of those already ordered because some chubsters want them a bit flappier.

+1

Primark will have something for the fatties big-thighed.

eddie11
    Free Member

+1
    Primark will have something for the fatties big-thighed.

+1million

Ed-O
    Free Member

Don’t worry nothing is changing.

This measuring thing is R&D for the future

brant
    Free Member

Trouser Try On at Blazing Saddles in Hebden Bridge today from 11-4 if anyone is interested.

We’re just assembling record decks and amps to provide some nice tunes too.

bearnecessities

Tunes you say?

[video]https://youtu.be/pDJflQfNUE8[/video]

robdob
    Free Member

“Please don’t go changing the fly and fit of those already ordered because some chubsters want them a bit floppier”

I wonder if you’d say that to my face…..

The reason why we would like decent size trousers is that YOU CANT BUY THEM. Everything is skinny fit nowadays so it’s ok for people like you to go and buy a whole range of clothes. If you’ve got proper muscles (I used to be a sprinter) then nothing fits. I can’t buy any jeans, and I mean ANY at all right now as nothing fits. My wife got me some jeans yesterday which were straight fit and were 2″ too big on the waist but I can’t get them over my thighs.

So if anyone comes along and says they can make us something to fit then we are going to be a lot keener than the skinny sticks like you, ok princess? 😉

GregMay
    Free Member

The reason why we would like decent size trousers is that YOU CANT BUY THEM. Everything is skinny fit nowadays so it’s ok for people like you to go and buy a whole range of clothes. If you’ve got proper muscles (I used to be a sprinter) then nothing fits. I can’t buy any jeans, and I mean ANY at all right now as nothing fits. My wife got me some jeans yesterday which were straight fit and were 2″ too big on the waist but I can’t get them over my thighs.

Not a sarcastic reply –

Try shopping in Patagonia, company, not country – I’ve the exact same problem, used to be a track sprinter and still spend too much time on a SS. My calves don’t play well with most modern trousers. My quads are the bane of my clothing life. I can’t/don’t shop off high street for this reason (mostly).
    The Patagonia fit tends to work with those with muscular lower legs and thin waists. Hence most of my trousers come from there – other reasons ethically to but that’s a choice thing. Arc’teryx come close, RAB can be hit and miss, Montane a bit too techy looking but work well. Vulpine sometimes work…sometimes.

Of down to Blazing now to see what size fits exactly,and work from there. At this stage I’m used to sizing up on the waist to make legs fit, then get them adjusted if needed.

Dave
    Free Member

Nice to see the shop busy this morning, good work boys :o)

nickc

If you’ve got proper larger than normal muscles (I used to be a sprinter) then nothing fits.

so you’d rather the rest of us had great flappy tents because you have big thighs? 😆

Ed-O
    Free Member

Thanks to everyone who called in to see us today. We had great fun meeting you, showing off our trousers, playing records and drinking free beer. Cheers!

theotherjonv

having now paid and sent in the sizing info, what’s delivery schedule expectations?

timmys

Now that a few people have had a chance to try them on I wondered if anyone would be able to put my mind at rest regarding the size I have ordered.

I spend most of my life in 34″ waist Diesel jeans, and the rest of my trousers/shorts are a mix of 34″ and 36″. Measuring a couple of my most comfortable pairs as per the website I came up with a waist of 37″ so went with the 38″, thinking it would be better to size up than down as shrinkage was mentioned. But 38″ sounds hella big for someone who wears 34″ jeans!

Would also love to hear about the delivery schedule (ordered about 10 days ago). I sort of assumed something would be said in the confirmation email to be honest.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Hello chaps, we’re in the pub after a lovely day of running our pop up shop.

Measurements are as per our website. We had people visit us today who have tried on trousers having done the measurements and they have found the measurements to be correct.

Delivery date is as mentioned on the Kickstarter as well as on our current website. Have a look. We are shipping all orders from mid March. It’s not that long. We’d love to have them made and shipping right now but we are working to what our factory can produce at this moment.

Cheers Ed

theotherjonv

I might be dumb but I can’t find eta on the website or the kickstarter page. I did look first!

That’s fine – you’re shipping from mid-March, which was what I wanted to know, but if it is on the website it’s not obvious.

brant
    Free Member

First para of main description on The 177 page says:-

A slim-but-not-skinny cut with a tapered leg, made from heavyweight moleskin with 100% cotton lining. Get in on the first batch of 177’s, shipping from mid-March 2016.

We’ll try and make it clearer. Thanks for all your support.

theotherjonv

Ah – I see that now. However – I’m not one of your common as muck 177’ers, I’m in for the original 176 batch. According to the Kickstarter email I got earlier this week your expected delivery is ‘March’ but given it was also asking for size info, I’m kind of assuming they haven’t been made yet and I shouldn’t be waiting for the postie on Tuesday 😉

Is it the same shipping schedule for the 176’ers as the 177?

brant
    Free Member

The Kickstarter survey that we sent to officially collate data does say that we aim to ship rewards by 16th March.
    Kickstarter only gives a month and year field for completion dates.

Are you the chap that requested number 14?

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,152 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge Trouser Company’ is closed to new replies.