Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Haye v Klitschko [Possible spoiler content]
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Couldn’t agree more Elfin. Pre-fight banter is one thing, Haye takes it to a whole new low. Nasty, nasty man.

RealMan
    Free Member

Here come the excuses..

spacemonkey

Very articulate interview from Klitschtko.

Not sure about the busted toe excuse from Haye. This morning his team did everything they could to dismiss rumours of an injury and said he’s in perfect shape.

anthonyb
    Free Member

the excuses are just plain embarrassing…

sweatyyeti
    Free Member

Was Haye’s beard drawn on with marker pen?

anthonyb
    Free Member

good interview with Wlad and Vitali, polite, eloquent guys. I think Haye was surprised with the speed of Wlad’s jab, and his general movement. He should just admit he was well beaten on the night… and stop limping back too the dressing room. Broken little toe 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Big disappointment.
    Imagine how Holyfield (another ex-cruiserweight champ) would’ve got in close, outjabbed Klitschtko and actually FOUGHT with him.
    Haye didn’t have a clue. Apart from the one-punch-hit-and-hope method. Hmph.

chewkw
    Free Member

As Tyson said … Hayes has not earned this fight.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Broken little toe

Diddums. Apparently he dun it ‘a few weeks ago’. So, plenty of time for it to heal up propply then. I’ve cracked toes then bin playing footy within a couple of weeks.

What a pathetic excuse. He got proper dun and should be thankful he din’t get knocked out. He got knocked on his arse and got mash up an ting. Pon im head dat.

Ha ha! Silly Billy. Shooduv bin more humble and gracious then people woon’t laugh at him so much now.

Pride comes before a fall.

Now he has to accept that people will laugh at him in the street, and call him a loser.

RealMan
    Free Member

STWer playing footy = fighting Klitschko?

😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

good luck calling him a looser;even with two broken feet and a sore arm I would back him against you 😛

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Erm, you know that game FOOTball? Y’know, the one where you use your FEET. Your FEET, where your TOES are.

Bit compulcated for you?

good luck calling him a looser;even with two broken feet and a sore arm I would back him against you

That’s your ten pounds lost then.

Jab jab jab jab jab jab BOSCH! Elfin wins so shut up. 😐

Junkyard
    Free Member

admit it the bosh was a headbutt

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No it was the infamous Elfin ‘household appliance’. People expect it less than they expect the Spanish Inquisition.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tym0MObFpTI&feature=related[/video]

warton
    Free Member

I went to bed after round three, not before sticking 20 quid on Klitschko. seems like I did the right thing on both counts!

donsimon
    Free Member

Erm, you know that game FOOTball? Y’know, the one where you use your FEET. Your FEET, where your TOES are.

Is that why it’s called football, then?

peterfile
    Free Member

I paid my £14.95 to Sky and decided to watch what I thought was going to be 2 rounds of boxing before I went out for the night. I don’t believe in all the “support your own country’s athletes” if they are total **** (which Haye is), so I was looking forward to seeing him getting knocked on his backside by someone who doesn’t act like a complete tool.

I really enjoyed the fight for many reasons:

1. I got 12 rounds worth of fight for £14.95

2. Haye was completely outclassed. We got to see 12 (well, ok, 11) rounds of it being proven that Klitschko is a better boxer. If he had gone down in 2, all we would have heard about was the extra reach/weight and how they always knew if Klitschko connected he would have been going down.

3. Listening to Haye’s camp and supporters talk, even AFTER the fight, about how boring Klitschko’s style is and how “wooden” he is. What the hell do they want him to do??!! The guy is the unified heavyweight champion of the world, and they are calling his style wooden and then mumbling something about it also being “effective”…no shit!

4. I actually enjoyed seeing Klitschko get a bit knocked about a couple of times (even if it was a bit scrappy). I honestly think he came to that fight expecting to knock Haye on his back, so was probably quite frustrated when he took some of the bigger punches and was never really troubled enough to hit the canvas (properly anyway).

5. That blonde girl carrying the round numbers. I’m glad I’ve Sky+’ed it.

6. Seeing all the British fans getting soaking wet having travelled all the way to Germany in their best £99 suit, black shirt and pink tie. I can imagine them in the days before the fight….”yeah, we’ve got the best seats in the house innit, right up near the ring innt”. Ha ha, yes you did.

But seriously, all that “statement” stuff before the fighters came out was freaking me out.

All in all, better than I was expecting. But I was the last one to make it out last night!

😀

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It was good to see him get his mouth shut. Whether or not he shuts his mouth is a different matter.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Apparently, Haye is a good friend of Andy Murray and has been “helping” him during Wimbledon…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is that why it’s called football, then?

Yeah, that might have something to do with it, yeah…. 🙄

Cheeze….

wrightyson
    Free Member

Shit! That is all!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Haye v Audley next?

peterfile
    Free Member

or Frank Bruno

Conqueror
    Free Member

I only listened on the radio and not watched.

a lot of people are criticizing DH but…

-He still lasted 12 rounds against a very good opponent without being knocked out. Klitschko has knocked out quite a few. DH could of lost in a much worse way.

-Some of the stuff he said has annoyed people (and may have seemed ridiculous), but he is a showman as well as boxer perhaps – regardless of whether it should or shouldn’t have been said it probably did help generate interest/attention in the fight. If two of the same personality had turned up for the fight it might of been less interesting.

-Maybe he was too defensive, but hindsight is a wonderful thing and he was up against a very good opponent. It can be hard in sport IMO to always execute the plans you had formulated, things can change and sometimes you react on the fly without thinking about the plan you had.

-They did appear to embrace after the fight too… so I don’t think the two of them were dwelling too much on what has been said

DezB
    Free Member

We’re criticising him because he “knew” he was going to win; it was his “destiny” to win and make the heavyweight scene exciting again. And he failed, quite dismally. Then made crappy little excuses afterwards.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if he has a broken toe it is quite a good excuse

Garry_Lager

Listened to it on the wireless myself – sounded like he didn’t win a round tbh. Very disappointing – clearly over-matched physically but he couldn’t open Klitscko up at all.
    Holyfield is the obvious comparison for a guy coming up from cruiser and contesting things – Holyfield was tough as old boots but also the dirtiest fighter to lace them up in recent years. Haye couldn’t create anything skill-wise, and it also sounded like he wasn’t willing to get into Wlad’s kitchen, Holyfield-style, and mix things up either.

Still, if he does retire like he says he’ll leave the game with all of his faculties intact (as will Wlad tbf, very fluent speaker).

Conqueror
    Free Member

We’re criticising him because he “knew” he was going to win; it was his “destiny” to win and make the heavyweight scene exciting again. And he failed, quite dismally. Then made crappy little excuses afterwards.

He wasn’t going to go into the fight saying/thinking he was going to lose. Most boxers (if not all?) are going to say “yeah I’m going to win”.

Jose Mourinho [in football] does this sort of thing. He’s a showman and football manager. DH is a showman and a boxer.

I’d also point out that yes the “knew” and “destiny” comments may have added to the hype. But what sporting occasion has fully [100%] lived up to the hype? Hype surrounds pretty much everything these days. I think you need some hype in a sport like boxing though. But can every boxing match live up to all the hype – no.

I think DH doesn’t come away from this as badly as a lot of people say/perceive. Also don’t forget he’s come up to heavy weight.

peterfile
    Free Member

But what sporting occasion has fully [100%] lived up to the hype?

You’ve clearly never watched women’s volleyball

DezB
    Free Member

@Conqueror: of course there was a lot of hype involved, bloody obvious, but I’m just saying WHY he’s now getting criticised.
    100% lived up to the hype? Just a few off the top of my head: tyson v berbick; taylor v chavez; ward v gatti; holyfield v bowe; eubank v benn….

jimjam
    Free Member

Conqueror

But what sporting occasion has fully [100%] lived up to the hype? Hype surrounds pretty much everything these days. I think you need some hype in a sport like boxing though. But can every boxing match live up to all the hype – no.

Haye v Klitschko was just another example of why boxing as a spectacle of sporting entertainment is dying on it’s ass – an over hyped, over priced mismatch based on money and politics. Over the last ten or fifteen years heavyweight bouts in particular have been guilty of this and it has destroyed the sport.

By way of contrast UFC:132 on the same night, despite being a relatively small event by their own standards, was action from start to finish and showed just why it’s left boxing in it’s shadow.

deluded
    Free Member

Haye seemed happy to come across as a pastiche loudmouth from yesteryear by perpetuating the pantomime bad mouthing in pre-bout conferences we see all too often. I appreciate that sort of banter can drum up support for the match but I’d rather they do it another way. He did himself no favours with the ignoble toe excuse that he floated after the fight (even if it were true the bigger thing would have been to keep it to himself). Klitschko on the other hand was refreshingly gracious & respectful IMHO.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC9BAawh4aY&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

joao3v16
    Free Member

The funniest part of all this was listening to some of the British fans who travelled to Berlin to watch the fight.

Along the lines of “we paid lots and lots of money to come here and he didn’t even win. how dare he. waaah, waaah, waaah”

Durrrr.

Well. Boo-hoo.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Haye v Klitschko [Possible spoiler content]’ is closed to new replies.