Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hawes route advise please
  • ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Looking at a route round Hawes that hits the main road at the Moorcock Inn. I'm not a fan of riding back to Hawes on tarmac, but on the map there is a dismantled railway going all the way back to Hawes. Does anyone know if this railbed is rideable, or even accessible?

ChrisE
    Free Member

I dont thik it is accessable. Speak to the guys at Kudu bikes in Hawes. Which way are you going to get to the Moorcock as if you're coming from the North then the High Way is better to Cotter End then you're only a short distance from Hawes

C

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I've wondered about that too…

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I was going to go down the High Way to the north from Cotter End, then work my way back to the Moorcock on a couple of bridleways either side of the road to Kirkby Stephen. This would bring me out near the road junction. I can't see an obvious way to get back to the High Way – not even a cheeky one – so was looking at the railway as an alternative to the road back to Hawes. The railway is very close to the road at one point, with what looks like a short track running between the two.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hawes route advise please’ is closed to new replies.