Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Having the SNIP – UPDATE (Post Dramatic Snip Disorder)
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

looks like I’m off the bike for a few more weeks 🙁

clicky: http://dawonderful.blogspot.com/

wwaswas

ah.

Someone I used to work with had a scrotal abcess.

4 weeks sat on the sofa with pus leaking out of the hole they made in his sack after the initial infection.

you have my sympathy. my kids still laugh at the way I walked out of the hospital when I had my vasectomy and I had no complications.

drain

Hehe, excellent blog 😆 After my snip, my left nut felt like it had gone up to the size of a grapefruit, but I exaggerate – it was only more like a satsuma 😐

About 10 days sitting around and the purchase of my first full susser made it all better though 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Harry_the_Spider

I got my “all clear” paperwork yesterday. 😀

No more furtive tugging in the hospital loos for me. I shall miss the romance of the blinking strip light and the whine of the extractor fan.

Just need to have the word JAFFA tattooed on them.

nbt

[audio src="http://www.bernardwrigley.com/mp3s/bb/14-Vasectomy.mp3" /]

😀

messiah
    Free Member

I wish I had taken my own stitches out earlier as my nutter friend had suggested… with the stitches removed the pain went away really quickly.

turboferret

This thread is useless without pictures 🙂

Although on second thoughts, perhaps not 😯

Cheers, Rich

therealhoops
    Free Member

messiah – noooooooo, that could have gone horribly wrong
    turboferret – there isn’t a wide angle lens big enough to take the job on!

rogg
    Free Member

Oh ffs, I was just coming round to the idea that the snip would be the right thing to do (anticipating feeling smug and self-righteous and being permanently ahead of the current Mrs rogg on points had NOTHING to do with it) and you drop this B-bomb.
    The other thread on the subject convinced me I’d have a 2 day recovery consisting of snacks, DVDs and admiration, now it seems all I’d have to look forward to is bollocks the size of basketballs and pants full of puss.

Cougar

On the upside, that’s a nifty bit of alliteration.

therealhoops
    Free Member

I’d still do it again for the 24hours of the wife being nice to me 🙂

messiah
    Free Member

noooooooo, that could have gone horribly wrong

I took them out myself after three weeks… I just wish I had done after one week 😆

avdave2

I was advised to take salt baths until the stitches were out by the surgeon who did mine. I did and had no problems but looking on here at other threads on this subject this doesn’t seem to be usual advice.

therealhoops
    Free Member

I wish I’d done that! sounds kinda obvious. The swelling is still very much there but I have pain free plumbs and that’s the main thing.

Treb-balls or Triplocks, which is best?

hora
    Free Member

Another reason to avoid 😯

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

avdave2 – Member

I was advised to take salt baths until the stitches were out by the surgeon who did mine. I did and had no problems but looking on here at other threads on this subject this doesn’t seem to be usual advice.

Its a very old-fashioned thing to suggest and it actually achieves nothing according to the research into it.

totalshell

salt baths following a circumscion are not something to look back fondly upon.. still smarting 40 years later..

mcboo
    Free Member

Mods: close this thread please. I’m having the snip on Friday.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Hot baths also have the effect of killing any stubborn sperms still left in the barrel.

Totalshell – it’s winter, the poloneck is staying!

therealhoops
    Free Member

mcboo: you’ll be fine 😈

mcboo
    Free Member

Bastards

mcboo
    Free Member

I’ve been on antibiotics FOUR TIMES this year already. I’m thinking about cancelling.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Preemptive! I like your style.

Seriously, it’s on a par with going to the dentist, but instead of the filler flap, they’re working near the exhaust.

20mins tops.

Complications are rarer than you think. In a way, having infected swollen danglies makes me special 😀

avdave2

Its a very old-fashioned thing to suggest and it actually achieves nothing according to the research into it.

Quite possibly true and I might have taken no notice if the stitches had been anywhere else but given where they were I was willing to give anything a try to avoid any issues – I reckon I might have even gone for homoeopathy if anyone had suggested it!

Harry_the_Spider

homoeopathy

? 😯

Sex of any kind is going to be painful for the first week or so.

therealhoops
    Free Member

If it means getting back on the bike earlier then I’ll do it. The commute in are the only miles I’m getting 🙁

Oh for a full suss!!

therealhoops
    Free Member

Harry…that’s not strictly true 😳

yossarian
    Free Member

do they actually cut the penis off?

mcboo
    Free Member

On the plus side

– I dont mind the dentist at all
    – I’ve had my lungs reinflated twice under local anasthetic (oh what a hero), so I’m not bothered about the proceedure.

But

– I seem to pick up infections really easily
    – I dont want to be off the bike for weeks

So, does anyone know what the numbers actually are for men who end up getting complications? And by complications I mean big, swollen, puss-dripping bollocks!!!!!

therealhoops
    Free Member

I think it’s only about 1 or 2%.

Yossarian – yes, and once they’re finished they stick it back on with araldite.

Bollock update: I appear to have 2.4 bollocks. Irony.
    Should be back in the offroad saddle in the next few days 🙂

br
    Free Member

Odd, no probs for me and the stiches were self-desolving – back commuting on my m/c after 3 days.

Far better than the intrusive procedure the ladies’ need to have.

mcboo
    Free Member

b r – Member
    Odd, no probs for me and the stiches were self-desolving – back commuting on my m/c after 3 days.

Three days and counting. THIS is what I need to hear more of!

Harry_the_Spider

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RGxJUdDOpM[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUSo6ehRCHI[/video]

therealhoops
    Free Member

mcboo – have fun today!

mcboo
    Free Member

hahahahahahahahahahaha

you guys are great, cheers.

At least I’m getting out of going to a Christening tomorrow, am going to stay at home and eat chocolate and co-codamol and play Battlefield 3.

TooTall
    Free Member

play Battlefield 3.

You’ll just have enough testosterone left for that!

geordiemick00
    Free Member

13th January for me 😛

I’d still do it again for the 24hours of the wife being nice to me

Does she do advanced bookings??

br
    Free Member

Three days and counting. THIS is what I need to hear more of!

And the joy of been able to just ‘drop’ it in there 😉

mcboo
    Free Member

peterwp
    Free Member

Worst bit is the bl@@dy great big needle they stick in to make it go numb!! Very unpleasant! Managed 48hrs of being looked after before the sympathy wore off quickly. Just remember to sit down with a cushion/pillow in place just in case the kids/dog launch themselves at you!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Having the SNIP – UPDATE (Post Dramatic Snip Disorder)’ is closed to new replies.