RockyRoad Networks are the new title sponsor for the UCI World Cup (DH + XC + 4X).... seems very odd...
- The press release claims 220,000 hits per day, but no one has ever heard of it – it didn't even feature on googles front page when you searched for it until yesterday. The second link for the website on google is a discussion of how this must be a scam!
- The various traffic monitoring sites don't exactly offer a ringing endorsement – hardly 10,000 views... http://www.checksitetraffic.com/traffic_spy/www.rockyroadsnetwork.com not even tracked by Compete.com
- http://www.linkedin.com/in/brunomazereel is the linked in profile for the guy who owns RockyRoad – former bartender
- https://flippa.com/103459-site-with-income-and-quality-email-lists-with-proof his other website - 60,000 dutch email addresses on a single page aka spam...
- http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Hi-Im-looking-companies-that-775807.S.57147172?qid=1493b223-5aa9-4bab-99ea-c0ccfeaa18eb&goback=.gmp_775807 suddenly got a million visitors a day here – this would be unheard of for a cycling website
- Logo font is 'free for personal use' http://www.dafont.com/base-02.font
- Icing on the cake..... a thread for a $50 reward for designing the Rockyroad site http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1976286
Not sure what the above adds up to, but the previous sponsors of the World Cup have been people like Nissan and Tissot. Either some epic corruption is being done at the UCI, or they've been scammed by Bruno to get some extra links up / ad revenue.
STW - How come no story?
PS. There was a PDF of a google analytics report on RockyRoads website which looked very dodgy (there's a 'g' in United Kingdom isn't there?) but that's been updated in the last 15 minutes or so...