Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 306 total)
  • Has STW suddenly become a lot more polarised?
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Stoner – unable to answer the question?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

dftt

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Typical ‘king lefties innit?

wah wah wah, people don’t agree with me, they’re all intolerant bullies, boo hoo hoo, not fair, they’re all evil bad people, make the nasty man go away, he offended me, human rights human rights…

The left told us that if we did what they said, society would be a better place and everything would be hunky dory – they were wrong, the left has failed!

The worms turned! about bloody time too

Houns

*waves at Steve*

How you doing fella?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Houns – where did he say it? are you able to answer this or not?

molgrips
    Free Member

everyone who disagrees is either racist, thick, ignorant, uneducated

I think he is disagreeing with people who are racist or thick etc. That seems entirely reasonable as a concept.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

All this couldn’t have come at a better time for Brant.

I’m sure it will all calm down but all we’ve seen is which side of the lines people stand when they feel threatened.

STW is a lovely place but when people feel their family, friends and the things they hold dear are at risk they will bite.

90% of communication is based on facial expressions and body language so you never get the full picture on here

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I used to have a fair bit of time for elfin/fred, nowadays i just find him tiresome.

Whilst i may often disagree with TJ i always find his posts to be well thought out, well presented and courteous. I’d go for a ride/drink with TJ any time but i’d avoid fred if he’s anything like his online persona.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Extremes of events bring out extremes of views – no-one has really surprised me on here, maybe a bit of rhetoric spouted but nothing too offensive that I recall.

Unlike some of the shit I have seen some ‘friends’ spout on Facebook.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Houns – Member
    . I wonder how you coped before you found stw?

😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Seriously – who cares? This is the internet.

It’s a bike forum. It’s purpose is to enable people to communicate and perhaps to actually (shock horror) meet up in ‘Real Life’ and go for bike rides and stuff. That’s what I’ve used it for, anyway. Met loads of decent folk off here. Hope to meet loads more. I like to look at everyone on here as a potential riding buddy, mate, friend. That’s the whole point of the forum, no?

But thing is, when some folk express views that you really aren’t ever going to get along with, are you going to get along with the person? I’m happy enough to spend time with folk I don’t necessarily agree with about everything (as in, like, ‘Real Life’…), but I woon’t really want to be hanging about with someone who I felt was a properly narrow-minded bigot, as some on here have clearly proven themselves to be.

Houns

TJ sorry i’m too busy picking my nose and helping Jamie scrape his eyeballs, far more interesting then having to read any of freds drivel again

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Oh, and by the way.

Fred
    TJ
    Hora
    SBZ
    Stoner
    theprawn(god rest his soul)
    etc…

All people who make this forum what it is. If we had a forum that was all about rides/kit etc. , it would bore the tits off of me.

Keep up the good work lads (and lassie).

ton

molgrips………….only thing is, is that they are not…..they just dont agree with him.

this thread will end by fred reporting someone to the mods for something or other.
    most of the threads he starts like this usually do.

hilldodger
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    I think he is disagreeing with people who are racist or thick etc. That seems entirely reasonable as a concept.

trouble is, while racism may be a definable concept on which many people agree, ‘being thick’ is purely subjective and more than slightly insulting.

Is Fred a thickist ??

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Is that an admission you can’t houns? really – if yo are going to make accusations you should be prepared to defend them

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I woon’t really want to be hanging about with someone who I felt was a properly narrow-minded bigot, as some on here have clearly proven themselves to be.

So, again, someone who has an “onion you doon’t agree wiv” is a narrow minded bigot, are they?

Well, once again, when it comes to being narrow minded….

Dear Kettle, you are black*. Love, Pot.

*Or is that racist?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Fred i see you as a sad pathetic little troll with nothing better to do in his life to drag this once great, fun forum to your level. I wonder how you coped before you found stw?

Possibly a little bit better than you, if this is the kind of resentment you feel for someone you’ve only ever encountered online….

KINGTUT
    Free Member

It’s a bike forum. It’s purpose is to enable people to communicate and perhaps to actually (shock horror) meet up in ‘Real Life’ and go for bike rides and stuff. That’s what I’ve used it for, anyway. Met loads of decent folk off here. Hope to meet loads more. I like to look at everyone on here as a potential riding buddy, mate, friend. That’s the whole point of the forum, no?

That is certainly not the way you approached the forum under your previous or at least your first username(s).

hilldodger
    Free Member

Teej, this may well be one of those ‘just walk away’ moments 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That is certainly not the way you approached it under your previous or at least your first username(s).

With multiple Bombers!

hilldodger
    Free Member

and soggy shoes

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

As a relative newbie, who is Fred?

Houns

I could class someone who is thick as someone who regularly gets banned from an internet forum for breaking the rules on numerous occasions, then because they are too stupid to take responsibility for their actions, threaten to sue the owners of said forum for banning them

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Fair enough hilldodger point well and truly made I think

CFH the two statments are not the same. he does not say

o, someone who has an “onion you doon’t agree wiv” is a narrow minded bigot, are they

donsimon
    Free Member

Is that an admission you can’t houns? really – if yo are going to make accusations you should be prepared to defend them

Where has he admitted he can’t Tandem?

Jamie
    Free Member

…but if you label someone racist or thick purely because you do not agree with them, regardless if they actually are or not, then that is highly unreasonable.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So, again, someone who has an “onion” you doon’t agree wiv is a narrow minded bigot, are they?

Erm once again, you’re misinterpreting what I’m actually saying…

Some people on here have proven themselves to be bigots. I’m not going to agree with someone I find bigoted, as bigotry is something I find abhorrent.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdQxDO1lBJc[/video]

hilldodger
    Free Member

BenHouldsworth – Member

As a relative newbie, who is Fred?

One of elfins many previous on line persona, all of whom ended up with permanent bans

ton

😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ben – elfandsafety is fred – his previous persona on here

kennyp
    Free Member

But thing is, when some folk express views that you really aren’t ever going to get along with, are you going to get along with the person? I’m happy enough to spend time with folk I don’t necessarily agree with about everything (as in, like, ‘Real Life’…), but I woon’t really want to be hanging about with someone who I felt was a properly narrow-minded bigot, as some on here have clearly proven themselves to be.

I agree completely with that, although it does rather need the words in my opinion tagged onto the end of the last sentence.

Houns

Ah bless, tj and fred making things up in their own minds again

donsimon
    Free Member

Tandem, where did houns admit anything? (2)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs*

Sound familiar, Fred?

*From wiki, natch

hilldodger
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Fair enough hilldodger point well and truly made I think

Yeah, enjoy the rest of the evening in peace TJ 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

(4 to go)

RealMan
    Free Member

I could class someone who is thick as someone who regularly gets banned from an internet forum for breaking the rules on numerous occasions, then because they are too stupid to take responsibility for their actions, threaten to sue the owners of said forum for banning them

LOL – wtf? Seriously? This happened?

yossarian
    Free Member

See now this is the bit of STW that is crap.

We’ve all had a good argue and chinwag about recent events and it’s been pretty interesting and lots of very different opinions have been expressed. Now the actual news has died down the hangover kicks in and the nastiness and bitching starts in earnest.

BORING. can anyone actually be arsed to start an online fight right now? I’d rather do and think some positive stuff.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Where houns? Did Fred say what you claimed he did? If so where? or are you unable to say where because he did not.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 306 total)

The topic ‘Has STW suddenly become a lot more polarised?’ is closed to new replies.