Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 306 total)
  • Has STW suddenly become a lot more polarised?
  • Coyote
    Free Member

I still find it very hard to accept so many people thought that cops actions in the manchester video were acceptable. Even the right thing to do.

Sometimes people agree, sometimes they don’t. Accept it and move on. Just because they don’t agree with you doesn’t make them wrong.

Jamie
    Free Member

It has been happening for a while now, the amount of intolerance, right wing vitriol and cretinous kneejerking bile being spewed by the usual suspects has been rising slowly over the last few months in my judgement.However, that seems to be the way society is going in general in this country, I come here less and less often and don’t even bothering engaging with the bigots and idiots anymore,the last few days has made me wonder if I can even be bothered coming at all.

Heh.

Houns

Oh it does in TJ and freds books Coyote, but obviously we’re not intelligent enough to see this

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Si – where does he say that? Stop and think a moment.

I’ll give a clear example that has cropped up today but comes from other threads. Tons attitude to capital punishment. I think its wrong – very wrong but he makes a logical and coherent argument for it unlike others who do not – for example ton accepts some innocents will be executed. He doesn’t try to pretend this can be avoided as some do.

So while Tons view is badly wrong IMO I can accept it is a coherent and logical position.

so

Jamie
    Free Member

Why thank you I was MikeT at the time

Congratulations on the upgrade from Mike Tut to King Tut.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Main thing to remember is that opinion is not fact or even :fact:
    IMO

dee66
    Free Member

My crystal ball says it will all die down. Stopped looking at the riot thread quite early. Nice to see some thoughtful and intelligent comments, but to many that were not.
    Couple of people I know posting nonsense on Facebook: “lets shoot them”
    “I love the police they can do no wrong” One of the offenders has a very coulorful past. Unbelievable. I throw a bit of humour at them and I’ll forget about it.
    It’s a mountain bike forum. That’s why we’re here.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Houns / stoner etc. can you point out where elf said this?

meaning the ones who share your opinions are ok, and those that do not are a racist hatefull scum?

Its one of the things that spoils debate on here – people claiming a much more extreme and polarised position is meant than is said.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Its one of the things that spoils debate on here – people claiming a much more extreme and polarised position is meant than is said.

Dear Kettle, you are black*. Love, Pot.

*Or is that racist?

Houns

You and Fred are both doing the same

Houns

😆 @CFH I’m sure you’ll be copying and pasting that a few more times 😆

Aristotle
    Free Member

I am not upset by the Police’s behaviour in that video clip.

I want the behaviour of young lads ransacking city centres to be tempered. If that is achieved initially by a fear of some sort of authority then so be it.

I’m not suggesting that we instigate martial law and country-wide curfews.

Coyote
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve kinda noticed certain posters doing just that… 🙄

ton

teej………….but you know, as well as i do, and everyone else on the forum that it is what he was meaning.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s on the clipboard, Houns! 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

In the last few days quite a few posters have come across as immature, emotionally retarded, a bit dim and unpleasant. However, I don’t actually care as I don’t have to spend any time in their company.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Houns – Member

You and Fred are both doing the same

Can you please point out where he says that?

ton – no – I do him the courtesy of reading his words and thinking about it I do not see him as meaning that at all.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

tadeuszkrieger – Member
    I come here less and less often and don’t even bothering engaging with the bigots and idiots anymore,the last few days has made me wonder if I can even be bothered coming at all.

+1

usual suspects on here dont seem to be able to cope with a lot of new posters who have different and intelligible views.

dee66 – Member
    It’s a mountain bike forum. That’s why we’re here.

Ha ha – lot of posters on here only ever frequent the chat forum (with alarming regularity) and I wonder if they own or can ride bikes at all.

Stoner
    Free Member

Houns / stoner etc. can you point out where elf said this?

TJ stop being a dick. We all know what fred’s trying to say.

“if your politics are not my politics, you are a lesser man than I”

Its the last sanctuary of the arrogant left. Hope you’re both comfortable there.

TooTall
    Free Member

there’s a number of people who’ve emerged as being just a tad unpleasant, and not the kind of folk I’d want to associate with. People who previously I’duv had a pint with, but now would prefer not to.

Then you should leave in some sort of protest.

Seriously – who cares? This is the internet. Perhaps they are just trying to initiate / perpetuate an arguement – or would you not spot that sort of behaviour?

Houns

TJ you obviously have nothing better to so I’ll let you re-read his posts, in the mean time i’m going to do something more interesting, like picking my nose

molgrips
    Free Member

So people who don’t share they same view point as you are unintelligent?

I don’t think that’s what he’s saying at all.

Its one of the things that spoils debate on here – people claiming a much more extreme and polarised position is meant than is said

Not just on here! People do that in all walks of life all the time. Pisses me right off, too.

Re fighting fire with fire – that is a dangerous gamble to take.

ton

teej, i read his words too, and it always leads to the same end.
    everyone who disagrees is either racist, thick, ignorant, uneducated…………………………blah blah blah.

donsimon
    Free Member

Can you please point out where he says that?

And this is your weakness Tandem, if it isn’t written down in front of you, you don’t have the ability to work it out. Can someone help me out with the definition of imply?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Stoner – can you please quote him then? I cannot see it.

You want to make him into some sot of demon so put words in his mouth.

wrecker
    Free Member

What a strange OP! “I’ve found out that some peoples views are to the right of mine and I don’t want no pint with them no more”
    Coming from the person who claims to be tolerant!
    This is da internetz innit, your gonna communicate with people who’s outlook is very different to yours. These peeps may find your onion equally distasteful.

Stoner
    Free Member

Stoner – can you please quote him then? I cannot see it.

TJ, that makes 5 times you’ve been obtuse. You’re Paxman and I claim my £5 🙄

Houns

FFS TEEJ not everything needs quoting, if you can’t see it then you need your eyes testing

iDave
    Free Member

Ha ha – lot of posters on here only ever frequent the chat forum (with alarming regularity) and I wonder if they own or can ride bikes at all.

I ride bikes more than most probably but I have no interest in discussing them, their tyres or such bollox. Discussions about forks or where to ride are very, very dull IMO.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Whats that program i can use to block certain posters?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Point out where he said that Houns? You are the one chucking the insults around

True, Houns. In fact, your attitude towards me might suggest some degree of actual resentment. I notice we only ‘interact’ on here in quite a negative manner, whereas someone like Stoner for example, who has very different views and onions to my own, will at least act in a relatively civil manner, which makes me feel that he is worthy of some respect.

I’ve challenged you on a few occasions Houns, but you’ve never attempted any form of respectful dialogue, instead choosing to let your onion of me (based on nothing more than what’s on this forum, as you’ve never met me) cloud your judgement.

Again, where have I suggested those who I don’t agree with are ‘unintelligent’? I don’t agree with Stoner most of the time, but he’s a flipping intelligent bloke. I’ll challenge that which I don’t agree with, but tbh, if all i get are insults, what conclusion do you think i’m going to come to about those making them? That they are intelligent enlightened individuals, or simply incapable of answering when challenged?

If you feel I’ve ‘insulted your intelligence’, please, explain why.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Cleary some folk are being very polarised. Distorting what elf says to fit their own agenda and to avoid having to think.

Jamie
    Free Member

Can you please point out where he [fred] says that?

As much as I would like to go through all of Fred’s posts, the fact that I would rather scrape my eyeballs over broken glass than re-read his affected wordsmanship, is putting me off somewhat.

Oh and I ride a bike for the record.

Whats that program i can use to block certain posters?

The off switch on your modem 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

stoner – can you please tell me where it is?

Houns – Member

FFS TEEJ not everything needs quoting, if you can’t see it then you need your eyes testing

Where is it? where does he say that?

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

What iDave said.

Stoner
    Free Member

Houns

Now TJ is at it, yes of course we’re not thinking 🙄

Fred i see you as a sad pathetic little troll with nothing better to do in his life to drag this once great, fun forum to your level. I wonder how you coped before you found stw?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I would rather scrape my eyeballs over broken glass than re-read his affected wordsmanship, is putting me off somewhat.

^^This. Lots of this.^^

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fred, It takes all sorts. There’s a lot of folks I know who I enjoy going for a ride with, or maybe a pint if they don’t ride, or a coffee etc. Doesn’t mean I have to agree with their political/social/racial/whatever views, I just like them as a person.

Chill.

Kevevs
    Free Member

mate of mine has just posted on Facebook..

Dear Police, If you do feel the need to shoot anyone looting or rioting whilst on duty this evening, Please feel free, we dont mind…

and he’s far from a rightwing nutjob. quite the opposite. Very reasonable guy. People are losing the plot!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 306 total)

The topic ‘Has STW suddenly become a lot more polarised?’ is closed to new replies.