Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • harry's arctic heros
  • rOcKeTdOg

Awe inspiring and harrowing and at the same time, what courage, truly humbling to hear the stories of their injuries

sweepy
    Free Member

That tells me nothing mate, what and where? I love arctic heroes.

rOcKeTdOg

bbc 1 now

sweepy
    Free Member

To iPlayer!
    Ta

anagallis_arvensis

**** BBC are the worst pro royal propaganda machine.
    Good luck to the blokes I didnt watch it but I’m sure they are hero’s not some **** idiot royals hero’s

MrOvershoot

It’s still on

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Aa, he’s a serving soldier using his position to highlight this sort of thing. Lose the chip.

From people I know in the helo side of things, it sounds like he’s a pretty tidy pilot, too!

GrahamS

Whit?

Would you perhaps have been happier to watch “Artic Heroes With Danny Dyer”? 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

One day, just one day, I’d like to come on here and not be reminded that the world is full of knob jockeys.

hopefiendboy

good luck there SBZ lol

EvoKnievel
    Free Member

Good programme. Inspirational!

Made me feel guilty for not doing more.

anagallis_arvensis

using his position to highlight this sort of thing

as you say its his position he’s using (for a good cause obviously) but its that very thing which I find objectionable.

Dobbo

anagallis_arvensis 1st comment +1. It’s just royal parasites upping their profile.

cranberry
    Free Member

Hmm – a “royal parasite” who fought to be allowed to serve on the front line ?

In fact Dobbo you have the cart before the horse – he is using his profile to bring publicity to a bunch of courageous men doing something incredible. Good on him.

anagallis_arvensis

he is using his profile to bring publicity to a bunch of courageous men doing something incredible. Good on him.

Yeah and his mum was the Queen of Hearts too.

Nobby

So he’s the Patron of their charity – walking to the North Pole is hardly a charity dinner is it.

What exactly does he have to gain personally from doing this? Those that like the Royals still will & those that want the evil scum dethroned and stoned to death won’t change their minds either.

Personally, I don’t give a toss who he is, just glad that someone is bringing something this inspirational into the public eye. I’ve seen the work they do at Headley Court but, whilst I could tell folk about it, who would listen to me or give me air time on national TV?

Perhaps the BBC shouldn’t have shown the Project Mobility guys on Top Gear t’other week either. :-\

anagallis_arvensis

What exactly does he have to gain personally from doing this?

If you cannot work that out there’s no point me telling you.

vinnyeh

If you cannot work that out there’s no point me telling you.

It really pisses me off when people write this. Go on, for those of us that don’t get it, spell it out. Why be so obtuse? I’ve got no axe to grind either way wrt to the royals, but what’s the point of writing a comment like that? The conclusion to jump to is that you’ve no answer- if you have, why not educate me?

warton
    Free Member

what vinnyeh said.

Klunk
    Free Member

seems quite logical that harry should go into TV, like father like son.

anagallis_arvensis

because the royals need public support otherwise their easy life will be at risk

clubber
    Free Member

I’m not really much of a royalist but I wouldn’t want their life – money or not, it’s not a life I’d choose.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I watched it for the endevour not the personalities, thought it pretty good too. Takes some kinda doing when you’ve less mobility than most. Some super fit able bodied folks have failed this trip, glad they did rather well at it.

As for Harry, well he’s proven himself worthy of cannon fodder, though he’ll never see anything like the IAD nightmare others do. And as for bringing his Mom into the equasion, she agreed to send those folk Harrys with into the fray don’t forget, so I think Harry has the right to show this facet of Mans love of War, in a “I feel guilty” kinda way.

Dobbo

What exactly does he have to gain personally from doing this?

Of course it’s PR organised for him by the royal PR machine, like when he went round the riot areas, why don’t they show the bit when he p!sses off home to Clarrence House afterwards?

Even the PR mogal Max Clifford isn’t affraid to say so.

Nobby

because the royals need public support otherwise their easy life will be at risk

Priviliged yes, easy? not so sure.

A quick poll in the office shows a 100% (of the 23 sampled) response that this in no way changes their view of the royals

Nobby

PMSL @ quoting Max Clifford the most manipulative, self-serving tossbag in the media today 🙂

Dobbo

the most manipulative, self-serving tossbag in the media today

Cant argue with that, but that just goes to prove he knows his PR.

warton
    Free Member

And as for bringing his Mom into the equasion, she agreed to send those folk Harrys with into the fray don’t forget

I didn’t realise a dead princess had so much influence in the war

Dobbo

I wonder what his dad Hewitt would think, being an ex soldier and all that.

clubber
    Free Member

I’m sure he’s jolly proud 🙂

stanley

as you say its his position he’s using (for a good cause obviously) but its that very thing which I find objectionable. etc,etc.

These men have put their lives down to defend our country, and the freedom of others. They have personally lost a great deal, yet continue to lead positive and useful lives.
    Suffer a life changing injury; the physical aspects are just the start of the battle.
    These men are doing a fantastic thing in raising money and awareness of their comrades’ needs.
    Yes, Harry is using his position to raise awareness- what is wrong with that? He too should be praised for this.
    He is not abusing his position at all.
    If Joe Bloggs was in Harry’s place on this team he wouldn’t raise a fraction of the interest, support and money. But I suspect you wouldn’t be accusing Joe of using his position even if he was the world’s number one Arctic explorer.

Not a great fan of the Royals, but credit where it’s due.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Indeed, it was his Grand Mom..

I am a bit thick when it comes to the subject of Royals and their patronage/parentage,

Still, whilst we’re on about Diana, d’ya’s think Katie will become the new Diana ??

camo16
    Free Member

We’re in danger of losing the plot here. A ‘what’s the point of the Royals?’ thread would be kind of interesting, but in this instance PH is acting primarily as a front for a worthwhile charity… so any negativity towards PH spills over to infect the main point of the show – which, I believe, was about Arctic Heroes. Hence the ill will.

Personally, my best wishes go to the heroes… whether it’s PH or Jack Osborne who goes with them, it’s no odds to me.

anagallis_arvensis

Yes, Harry is using his position to raise awareness- what is wrong with that? He too should be praised for this.

Everything is wrong with it as far as I can see

d’ya’s think Katie will become the new Diana ?

she’s certainly thin enough.

uplink
    Free Member

using his position to highlight this sort of thing

as you say its his position he’s using (for a good cause obviously) but its that very thing which I find objectionable.

Lots of high profile people use their position to highlight and promote various causes – charitable or otherwise
    That’s how it works, that’s what brings in the publicity that they are looking for
    They also do lots of things you never here about

FWIW, he came across as being very sincere and touched by what those guys [and others] had been through and what they were doing now

bikebouy
    Free Member

You’re right the threads going off tangent..
    🙄

So, whats next for the Hero’s then?

That Top Gear thing they did/doing about the Dakar looks like good fun. I follow the Dakar so will keep an eye out for that.

Dobbo

I see it as; yes the cause is good, but I think it’s cynical that the royals are using the cause to up their profile and gain a false positivity, even if it (royal PR)is a by product it will have been quite high up the wish list.

allthepies
    Free Member

Haterz gunna hate.

GrahamS

whether it’s PH or Jack Osborne who goes with them, it’s no odds to me.

Exactly. Harry is basically there as a “celebrity” figurehead – he’s not really there as “A Royal” (i.e. no sign of pageantry, protocol, or security)

Fair play to him I say.

hora
    Free Member

Taking the Harry/Royals out of the equation. The program really depressed me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘harry's arctic heros’ is closed to new replies.