• This topic has 26 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Xan.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Gypsy Glen
  • Xan
    Free Member

Has anyone got a GXP for this trail? I know there is a map on mtb Borders but would like the file to put on my gps. Thinking of trying to get 50-60km out of this by including some of gt and innerleithan trails.

Email to paulxan (at) hotmail.co.uk

AlasdairMc

You could create a GPX on bikehike and then save it down from there.

I started at Innerleithen car park when I did it, purely so any GT stuff could be optional depending how I felt. I left GT at Deliverance and past the farmhouse from there, through about 50 gates and onto the main road, then took the back road from Cardrona to Innerleithen.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

It may be a bit muddy at the moment but could possibly show you round if you are about on Sunday.

trail_rat
    Free Member

not so bad on the mud front except for right at the top ! rode it on tuesday !

Xan
    Free Member

Thanks but can’t do Sunday I’m afraid. But I’d take you up on that offer it you could do next Sunday??

Phatman
    Free Member

ygm

Xan
    Free Member

Got it. Thanks phatman

chickenman

if you do the extended loop S down the Southern Upland Way and back north on the drove road; do make sure you follow the Black Cleuch fireroad back north as far as you can or you will be pushing through long grass and heather for several miles.
    Been dry for over a week now so route should be fine!

radoggair
    Free Member

hey hairy baws, what u thinking of doing Sunday then??

sheldona
    Free Member

We rode it on Tues with Trailrat although we started at Innerleithen then once back in Peebles climbed up into Glentress then back to Innerleithen. Good ride and the top part of the decent is boggy as Trailrat said but all passable.

cynic-al
    Free Member

where the **** was stu’s intrude to ride his Jones?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Next Sunday is good, could show you the Tweed Natual loop if you are feeling fit?

trail_rat
    Free Member

where the **** was stu’s intrude to ride his Jones?

nah hes a gayer – was on his mythic LT29er with uppy downy seat

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was looking forward to typing a car park review of it 🙁

singlespeedstu

I’ll base my whole holiday on letting a bloke I’ve never met ride one of my bikes next time then. 🙄

The Jones stayed at home as i only had enough room for three bikes in the car.

redthunder
    Free Member

Don’t you mean…

“Member of the Travelling Community Glen” ?

Racist 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

You made the (kind of) offer!

And I am not being entirely serious!

singlespeedstu

And I am not being entirely serious!

I’d never have guessed. 😉

I didn’t take it as i know it’s impossible to ride a rigid singlespeed in Scotland…

sheldona
    Free Member

You need a freeridetrailcenter bike Stu. LaPierre make a mediocre one 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

aye even i resorted to a rohloff rigid eh stu

you loved that lapierre sheldon – i heard you were putting a deposit on one …… o sorry that was just the hire cost 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

I thought I was buying it when they told me how much the hire was!

singlespeedstu

Don turned all MBUK when he got on that french shite thing.

It was propper funny him going at the same speed as a rigid ss’er down spooky wood. 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

to be fair to the lapierre – he didnt fair much better in that respect on the maverick the day before 😀

sheldona
    Free Member

Sorry Trail Rat? I still had this image in my head when I was descending!

trail_rat
    Free Member

whos that good looker !

ps i want that photo for my facebook profile pic 🙂

sheldona
    Free Member

Yhm Terry

Xan
    Free Member

bigdugsbaws – Member
    Next Sunday is good, could show you the Tweed Natual loop if you are feeling fit?

I’ll drop you a mail tonight and make arrangements. I was looking on Map my ride at a nice 18.5 loop and was going to incorporate a loop of GT red while I was at it. The question “am I feeling fit” I always find falls in the same catigory as “how long is a piece of string” cause I think I’m fit and then go out with people that make me look like a lazy bas lol 😆

I would be able to manage the above so take from that what you will. I’ve also got a friend from work that has just moved to the area from New Zealand that is going to tag along if that is ok?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Gypsy Glen’ is closed to new replies.