Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • GXP crank + Shimano BB30 compatability?
  • All-On-Black
    Free Member

I’ve been running a Truvativ X0 crank on my hardtail with an external BB from Hope, plus the adapter to take the GXP crank.. However I’m about to purchase a new frame that has an already installed Shimano BB30..

So what do I need to get it to fit? I’m guessing putting the adapter rings in the new frame won’t work!?

Or do I also have to buy a GXP BB30?

Cheers

Rorschach
    Free Member

Shimano don’t do bb30.
    There’s pressfit bb90.
    Theres bb30.
    There’s pressfit bb30.
    What frame?

All-On-Black
    Free Member

I realised that after I posted, it’s the Yeti AR-Sc frame..

Rorschach
    Free Member
    All-On-Black
    Free Member

Thanks a bunch! But, won’t the bearings on that be terrible? Do I basically just need a GXP BB92? Although it’s a 73mm shell width..

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Wait, so am I right in thinking that you can’t run any GXP cranks on the frame at all..?

Rorschach
    Free Member

What year?
    I was under the impression it was bb92.
    Puzzled I am.
    Does it look like this? (bb is in)

All-On-Black
    Free Member

I’m really confused about this too.. it’s 2009.

So I thought, ah, it must be the Truvativ GXP BB with ceramic bearings.. but that says it’s for 92mm shells.. and in brackets says that standard GXP is 68 – 73mm shells.. so which is which?!

Confused.com

Rorschach
    Free Member

It is BB92 (which is misnomer as the shels are 89.5mm or 91mm but we’ll skip over that).
    If it has threads its 68/73.If not its 92.

All-On-Black
    Free Member

that’s it in the photo, yeh.

However, the description says it’s press fit, which it is, judging by the picture, but also says it’s a 73mm shell..

STATO
    Free Member

AOB, your not being very clear. what says its a 73mm shell, the frame or the BB?

All-On-Black
    Free Member

Sorry.. i msorry i mean the description says its a 73mm shell in the specs of the frame.. but says its press fit in the description of the frame

STATO
    Free Member

Thats just the Yeti I.T web guy being dumb. The press-fit linked above is what you need as others have said.

All-On-Black
    Free Member

No wonder ive been getting so confused! so its bb92 then.. ok thanks for your help guys much appreciated!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘GXP crank + Shimano BB30 compatability?’ is closed to new replies.