Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gwyrch Castle
  • meiriadog42
    Free Member

Is anyone aware why the forrestry commision has completely demolished the volenteer built trails at Cefn yr Ogof or the grwych castle woods by rhyd y foel?
    For those who know them , i am sure you will agree that these trails had been constructed by volenteers (although it is likely without permission) neverheless they were generally well built and provided a facillity for local riders.
    before i start going off on a rant does anyone know more aboit this??

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I think your keyboard or predictive text is broken?

😀

And aren’t you watching the rugby?!

Whyte1
    Free Member

I ride there almost every tues evening and have enjoyed those trails for years but the forestry must of been pi-sed off by the ridiculous amount of litter people have left up there , it is a shame but i can see there point as if you can carry the bottles and cans up there you can take them home too .

It’s not just Abergele that’s got the litter problem either as while at the Marin last week a group of local walkers were going round the car park filling binbags and it was riders because it was gels energy bars and old tubes .

meiriadog42
    Free Member

hi crashtestmonkey are you trying to be funny or simply racist?

meiriadog42
    Free Member

hi whyte 1,

You make a good point about litter, is a shame that some people are litter bugs and i agree they need educating , but smply to completly remove an enjoyable trail because of a few brainless idiots is a bit extreme dont you think?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Oh ffs. My other half, munqe chick, is welsh and I got up early after a night shift to watch the rugby with her (which you posted during). Get over yourself.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I am Welsh and I found it quite funny…racist, don’t be so ridiculous!

ringothegringo
    Free Member

Ive never ridden there as I didnt know where to go so i cant be sure of exact locations of the trails. However, the the woodland to the south of the Golf Course is owned and managed by The Woodland Trust not F.C. – not that that matters too much i suppose?

johnnystorm

I think you’ve answered your own question. Trails built without permission? Reasons to demolish? On their official trails the FC have to inspect them, the trees within a certain distance of the trail, etc, etc. If they condone them then they could be seen to be responsible when someone breaks their neck.

As an aside I hope you were joking when you implied it was racist to point out your typos.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gwyrch Castle’ is closed to new replies.