Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • gun dogs, well all of em i suppose – time for a photo thread
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

pointer cross 😀

still young and must’ve had a hard life before ending up in the pound in ireland. really friendly and playful, no fear of strangers, he doesn’t bark (well we haven’t heard him bark once even when playfighting with other dogs, meeting other dogs out on walks, around cats or at strangers)

but… all it takes is an firm ‘no!’ or anything said in a firm voice and he stops what he’s doing instantly and turns away from everyone, quick movements make him quite anxious and he goes super timid…. despite this you can give him big hug, and he relaxes reasonably quickly.

thinking he had owners that left him on the street, probably ones that shouted at him a lot 🙁

doesn’t display any ‘stray’ behaviours like food or toy aggression so with lots of love and consistent boundaries that are taught through ‘positive training’ he’ll hopefully be even more awesome 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

Ok, STW, meet Cookie 🙂

So far he settles down in pubs nicely, travels well in the car, can practice recall with fireworks going off in the area without them even phasing him (maybe the odd look up to the sky to see where it’s coming from but thats it), loves using the sofas as trampolines doing superdog impressions between them…. great with meeting other dogs on walks, sat outside the co-op like a champ whilst i went in to buy saturday morning bacon, loves his indoor kennel (crate) and playing/humping/chewing his dinosaur toy that lives inside it, hasn’t shown any real interest in what’s up the stairs, went for a wee and a poo before bed, came straight back inside after doing them then waited perfectly until let out this morning to do another wee, and enjoyed his 1 1/2 hour walk in the rain with me this morning.

very much in love with the little nutjob 😀

question, how long after being neutered (had the op thursday) will he continue to hump his toys and bed? 😆 it almost seems like a boredom thing at the moment as if you distract him with or give him something tasty to chew on he stops instantly…. wasn’t sure if he was humping the remaining testosterone out though?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cookie?

Phew!

philconsequence
    Free Member

slightly better photo, practising ‘Sit’ this morning 🙂

giantonagiant

Phil,

He’s a cracking looking lad. All the best for the fun times ahead.

cinnamon_girl

FCOL Phil 😯 Taking a dog to a pub, whatever next???

Anyway, he looks lovely and hope you have great fun with him. Really handy having the Moor so close by isn’t it? Quite a dog-walking fraternity there. 🙂

MrSparkle

This is Sam. Not strictly speaking a gun dog but he does fancy a go on an AK47…

philconsequence
    Free Member

dog pub in the new forest, loadsa dogs in there the first time we visited so figured we’d give him a stop off there for 45 mins before driving him back from the new forest to his new home 😀

taking him to swinley this afternoon to explore after a visit to pets at home to get him microchipped.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Im sure some of these dogs are inbread

Helios
    Free Member

Good god – someone shoot me now. It took me two attempts to get that joke.

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘gun dogs, well all of em i suppose – time for a photo thread’ is closed to new replies.