Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 130 total)
  • gun dogs, well all of em i suppose – time for a photo thread
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Some fine looking pooches on here 😀 I love a good dog thread, gives me the opportunity to show off our pooch, Rogue

bullheart
    Free Member

Maximus.

Don’t be fooled by the mincy jacket. I care not for his welfare; rather the ability to spot him chasing deer from a mile away. Bastard.

Toughest dog ever. Was cut open 6 weeks ago to remove a 9″ stick that had pierced his armpit at high speed, and lodged itself in his gut. In April. Vet still cannot believe he survived. Apparently he has e-coli in his gut too…

medievalkneival
    Free Member

“Bad Boy” Benson, in fancy dress of course

Helios
    Free Member

not nearly enough bona fido pheasant botherers on this thread

Oi, don’t let Hope hear you say that

Likewise – Indy is offended by the idea he couldn’t bother pheasants…

Look. Here’s one he caught earlier…

Also – he wants Stox to know that Indy is definitely a boy’s name…

medievalkneival
    Free Member

And Benson (2 years old – left) without the fancy dress with his best buddy Merlin (13 years old). Unfortunately Merlin passed away 5 weeks ago, but loads of piccies and memories

DezB
    Free Member

Bullheart, your http’s got a bit mmixed up:

That skewered by a stick is a common cause of death for dogs. Be careful out there mutts.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Bertie: lounging…

And waiting patiently for dinner.

stox
    Free Member

Also – he wants Stox to know that Indy is definitely a boy’s name…

Unisex is the word you are looking for Helios 🙂

jimmy

Lummox’s pic of Tally… LOLZZ

futuresorange
    Free Member

[quote]not nearly enough bona fido pheasant botherers on this thread[/quote]

Ginny, so good a pheasant botherer she has started doing it when she’s not supposed to be!

Sandwich

More pheasant action by Huxley.

Pheasant Bothering at Work by Hamster, on Flickr

Stoner
    Free Member

Ginny, so good a pheasant botherer she has started doing it when she’s not supposed to be!

that’s not a “good” thing on a shoot mind 😉

Someone brought a dog like that once. It was lucky to make it home to his kennel that night…

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

This BEA

ricdiggle
    Free Member

Ricdiggle, your Henry is a cracking looking fella

Very kind of you to say. He is pretty handsome.

This is him again – doing his guitar solo face.

Interesting fact – I got snowed on tonight when out riding my bike!

Guitar Solo Face by ricdiggle, on Flickr

Stoner
    Free Member

doing his guitar solo face.

Lol f Lol

ajax

Here is Alfie

P1010952 by ajax813, on Flickr

And again in the middle with his sisters .

P1020042 by ajax813, on Flickr

philconsequence
    Free Member

stoner…. the dogstrust centres usually have patterdales and patterdale crosses, dont think people realise that you can’t train the terrier out of a terrier and lots end up in rescues. they’re bloody gorgeous!

beautiful dogs everyone, hoping to add one to the list on friday providing we pass a homecheck tomorrow

docstar
    Free Member

Kendonagasaki, lovely dog. Yes he’s as daft as a brush but really gentle at the same time. Loves getting out on the hill.

Stoner
    Free Member

phil – there’s a guy, a hedge layer, I drink with in the local who occasionally has one of his bitches with a litter. They’ve got a brilliant temperament. On the other hand my mum will more likely as not get another small field spaniel next spring and I might go for a bitch from the same litter.

tracknicko
    Free Member

Very kind of you to say. He is pretty handsome.

no problem. nothing beats a chunky lab as an example of what a proper dog should look like.

can i enquire as to his size?
    P’s father was HUGE. he is growing at a fantastic rate and currently is about 32kg at 10mo… interested to compare with other labs!

Muke
    Free Member

Gus

Getting in the Christmas spirit

ricdiggle
    Free Member

can i enquire as to his size?
    P’s father was HUGE. he is growing at a fantastic rate and currently is about 32kg at 10mo… interested to compare with other labs!

His is 6 years old and 40kgs. Big for a lab but he’s not fat at all. He’ll get arthritis younger than normal too most likely. 🙁

pedalhead
    Free Member

Pheasant-botherer in training. Pickle (5 months)…

And on this morning’s walk. She’s never seen scrunchy ice before, which was fun…

tracknicko
    Free Member

His is 6 years old and 40kgs. Big for a lab but he’s not fat at all. He’ll get arthritis younger than normal too most likely.

a shame, but unavoidable i guess.

40kg isnt too unmanageable (i think). hopefully P will have calmed his growing down. just hoping he doesn’t have another growth spurt and double in weight!

Madfly
    Free Member

He’s a good looking chap! A Sussex spaniel?

If you don’t mind me asking where’s he from? Miss Madfly has been after one for a while..

pedalhead
    Free Member

Madfly – Member
    He’s a good looking chap! A Sussex spaniel?

If you don’t mind me asking where’s he from? Miss Madfly has been after one for a while..

She’s a working Cocker. We got her from Clumsetter Gundogs. The pic at the top of the web page is her Mum.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@tracknicko, our Lab comes from show stock (we met the breeder at Crufts), her half brother (same father) is a super stocky and quite tall and has arthritis quite badly now at only 6 or 7 years.

carbon337
    Free Member

Meet Brad – now 10 rescued from NESSR he had had 4 homes by 4 years old. We got him 6 years ago. He hasnt left yet but he has come close, we had to make a big life decision for him.

This was him yesterday sporting his new haircut. Looking a bit hard up.

[/url]
    Untitled by H2O Foto, on Flickr[/img]

He was ran over 3 years ago and has two titanium rods bracing his spine. He has 3 vertebrae that were reconstructed and braced together. Thankfully he regained full use of legs after 3 months of hell and tears. He had hydrotherapy to get his muscle mass back. He also has no hip ball joint on his right back leg. This seems to cause him the most discomfort. He is on Metacam and that seems to keep him happy enough. He can still chase a tennis ball but only once a day is now enough for him. His mind is still hyper just his body cant keep up which is such a shame for him.

In total it was about £5k which was insured thankfully. Otherwise he would have been a goner. We had the decision to make on him whether to get him put to sleep or give him a chance, we thought everyone else has given up on him in his life I wont. I was in tears like a baby.

This was him 3 days before he was run over:

[/url]
    brad by H2O Foto, on Flickr[/img]

Meet Murphy my mothers Working cocker. He also has a bit of a tale attached. He crashed into his brother Indy on the beach another working cocker. He ended up with a detatched retina and had to have his eye removed at only 11 months. Hes a lovely active dog and still does gundog training everyweek.

[/url]
    murp by H2O Foto, on Flickr[/img]

tracknicko
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

@tracknicko
    , our Lab comes from show stock (we met the breeder at Crufts), her half brother (same father) is a super stocky and quite tall and has arthritis quite badly now at only 6 or 7 years.

that’s sad. P’s dad is show stock, mum is working lines.

hopefully end up somewhere in the middle. think his dad is the biggest lab i have ever seen in the flesh. absolute bear-faced monster of a dog.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Good for you, carbon337, giving Brad a chance. Loving little Murphy too. Here’s a picture of Pickle at about 11 weeks…

Madfly
    Free Member

She’s a working Cocker. We got her from Clumsetter Gundogs. The pic at the top of the web page is her Mum.

Thanks! Will keep an eye on there for the litters next year.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Loving the spaniels here – not that other dogs aren’t nice, but I think Spangles are such good dogs!
    Poor Murphy… won’t slow him down though. Pickle looks just like my Jasmine’s sister.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Thanks! Will keep an eye on there for the litters next year

Madfly, our Jasmine could well be having a litter next year although we already have pre-orders for about 4 pups!
    She’s from here.

therag
    Free Member

http://pbckt.com/pf.RhKHur

My springer buzz. 8 months old now, from working parents but just our family pet.
    Bought him after starting a thread on here called 1st family pet. 🙂

Helios
    Free Member

P’s father was HUGE. he is growing at a fantastic rate and currently is about 32kg at 10mo

😯

Indy is 22.5kg at 9 months! Then again – he is from full working stock and his mum was quite slight, so I’m not expecting him to be a monster of a dog even when he’s full grown.

Sharkbait – I love that photo of Jasmine on the table. I take it she’s not allowed up there? Indy has the same look when he knows he’s comfy and naughty in equal measure…

futuresorange
    Free Member

that’s not a “good” thing on a shoot mind

Someone brought a dog like that once. It was lucky to make it home to his kennel that night…

Thankfully is wasn’t on a shoot 😳

tracknicko
    Free Member

P’s father was HUGE. he is growing at a fantastic rate and currently is about 32kg at 10mo

Indy is 22.5kg at 9 months! Then again – he is from full working stock and his mum was quite slight, so I’m not expecting him to be a monster of a dog even when he’s full grown.

i know! i don’t have a good picture of his father (nothing in the pic for scale) but on his hind legs while propped up in his run he could quite easily look me in the eye (im 6,3)…

edit:

as i said. no scale. but his head is the size of a football.

scruff
    Free Member

jambalaya
    Free Member

P’s dad is show stock

Perhaps P and our Lab are related, the big square head looks familiar ! Breeder in Alyesbury I think, although as it’s the Mrs dog she knows all the details

tracknicko
    Free Member

hmm i’ not sure. i have all P’s certificates which show his lineage if you want to compare!

breeders are near matlock. Barney (the dad) is something of a show poney with associated awards, stats and certificates. mother also certificated and what not, but sleeker working lines.

nice small breeders for those that are interested, would definitely recommend.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘gun dogs, well all of em i suppose – time for a photo thread’ is closed to new replies.