Viewing 31 posts - 121 through 151 (of 151 total)
  • Guided Quantocks weekend anyone.
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

” horrible dust !”

Says a man who runs Larsens all year. Complaining about dry trails in England is bloody sacrilege man! 😆

knottie8
    Free Member

Well that was a great day out . Just uploading todays pics(taps fingers on pc table) lots of Qs single track ,great company and a beer at lunch time .

judderman
    Free Member

cracking ride, with thanks to Sharki & Knottie.
    WCA, Big Bike Bash is the same date as the Afan Monster, gonna have to wrestle with my concience which one to do.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Just checking – is it same time (9:30/1o:00) same place (Crowcombe Gate) tomorrow?

saladdodger
    Free Member

Ace day out I am pooped now though 😥

But I DID NOT FALL OFF TODAY so there is a result

rondo101
    Free Member

Hope so Buzz. Hopster & I are aiming to be there for 10am.

crazymoon
    Free Member

Great ride and great company. thank you ever so much for organising this.

big bike bash is my working wkend. definately try and get there next year though.

knottie8
    Free Member
    knottie8
    Free Member

Lots of smiles too

Dibbs
    Free Member

Andy
    Green bit = Grass, Brown bit = Trail 🙄

rOcKeTdOg

are those 3/4 flares?

crazymoon
    Free Member

cheers knottie

crispybacon
    Free Member

Andy
    Green bit = Grass, Brown bit = Trail

maybe he’s on the way to or from the ditch @ Weacombe 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

Must ….. resist….. comment….. on….. 3/4 flares. 😐

jacko54321
    Free Member

so how many were there to have fun in the rain?

knottie8
    Free Member

Ahem , Andy wasnt the only person to try to run me down !

Ambrose

I’m a bit annoyed that I missed this event. Grrr, Oh well, next time eh?

sharki
    Free Member

Thanks for coming guys.
    Round two tomorrow.
    Buzz, 10 at cpg.
    We’ll be heading over to triscombe for some dhlite, then some other built trails followed by the chimney.
    Time then to drop a few early leavers off at cpg before the remainder, descend for a pub grub nom and more trails.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

OK I’ll bring the fat bike

rondo101
    Free Member

Thanks for today sharki. I’ll certainly be returning to the Qs again when it’s drier to do those dhlite trails faster and try a few more of the coombes. And hopefully without that headwind back to the car park. Ooof.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I couldn’t make today but shoulders are fecked after some of the Saturday descents.

Once more I learnt to embrace the slide and that sideways is as much fun as downwards some times.

I am now on a roll, one ride in a row without blood*, breakage or other injury!

*Okay they was some blood but ‘It was but a flesh wound’ so I don’t count it.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Dibbs

What is the expression about ” sex and travel”

X

BTW I looked just alot buff imho

see drugs do work 😉

knottie8
    Free Member

NIce pics of today .

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well that was proper good that was. Loved it on Saturday; epic climbs, and wicked downhills. Seemed like hundreds of miles but was actually about what, 16 in total or something? 😆

Fantastic day’s riding, followed by a great night down the pub. Nice grub and beer, still don’t understand the rules of that billiards game, found Golden Retriever hairs in me mouth this morning, somebody who shall remain nameless but what rides an orange Orange Five and shares a name with a former Man U goalkeeper apparently fell asleep on’t bog. Excellent. And no Babylonian involvement- bonus! 🙂

I’ll deffo be coming again, but I might bring a bike what actually flippin works propply next time so that I can actually ride the trails and not end up losing control due to not being able to slow down sufficiently to control the bike then having a tantrum and lobbing the thing down the trail. 😳

Sharki is an excellent guide and ride leader, thanks mate, well appreciated.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

At least the rain stayed off while you fixed it!

Thanks Sharki for organising it, will definately be fitter next time and my lad enjoyed it immensly…. Spent a few hours in A&E on Sunday afternoon as he had fallen and broken his wrist….and he didnt say a word!

qwerty
    Free Member

i had grit in my crack, 3 day pants, entertained strange men in my tent, torrential rain, howling head winds, lay next to a 3 meter metal pole during a lightening storm, got hay blasted, rode testical shredding trails, got arse whipped by a chinese man, ate a deer and met weird cyber cyclists

it was great

i then got home to find a potential hobo stove sitting on my draining board

captaincarbonson – heal well

😀

saladdodger
    Free Member

Elf I now understand why my dog was a bit tramatised on sunday 👿

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heh! That pub mustuv bin covered in hair by the time we left! 😆

Lovely dog btw. 🙂

saladdodger
    Free Member

yea that was a bit embarresing tbh

Me and Jayne will definatly go back ace pub with superb grub

See ya next time it was good to meet up with you folks

Salad

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hi sharki sorry I had ride off before lunchtime regroup. Hope to catch up with you some other time.

Viewing 31 posts - 121 through 151 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘Guided Quantocks weekend anyone.’ is closed to new replies.