Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Guess the location (and what's this for?)
  • Didn’t expect to see this on my ride this morning in the middle of a field of sheep. No signs except the usual ‘Keep Out’.

antigee

you are a vital marketeer working for b&q on the launch of a new garden centre and i claim my 10% oap discount on a wednesday*

*ps i expect commission for adding this

lucien

IOW somewhere I reckon?

kimbers

tory mps duckhouse?

Anna-B
    Free Member

I know! I’ve camped near it at the End of the Road festival, very handy landmark to get back to your tent!

So….. Larmer Tree Gardens (or adjacent field). Don’t think it does anything….. looks a bit mosque like though with the minarets.

Well done Anna. Can’t find out what its doing there – hope they got planning permission 🙂

OCB
    Free Member

Drawn from Mughal architecture, but what it’s doing there … 😕

OCB
    Free Member

It’s drawn from Mughal architecture.

That it’s placed in such a formal looking deer-park suggests it’s [maybe] a modern folly … and ‘googling’ “Larmer Tree Gardens” only adds weight to that, as it certainly doesn’t appear to be alone / out of place.

😀

project
    Free Member

Its the Tandem Jeremey Shrine to all Knowlege.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Here you go Dave:

Folly? Not at all it finishes off my 7500 acre estate

OCB is right about the Moghul thing according to the article, and very impressed that the land owner’s scarlet cords are so on-trend for this season.

Well done (again) Anna. It certainly is a sight to behold as you ride past.

Had it been 200 years old it would be classed as a priceless piece of heritage. The fact that its new gives folks the right to hate it.

I wonder what level of Masonic seniority the guy has to get that past planning?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Guess the location (and what's this for?)’ is closed to new replies.