Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gucci watches…
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Where best to get replacement battery? Most high st jewellers want £45 and 3 week turn around, battery don't last over long either. Any suggestions please

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Debenhams has a watch service that is authorised to do expensive Swiss watches. An hour turnaround for £60. Fully pressure tested etc.

the-muffin-man

£45 for a battery! I can get a brand new Gucci watch for a tenner at the local Sunday market! 😉

trailmonkey

i expect this thread will be bringing the best out of people before too long

iDave
    Free Member

i was given this bull from a jeweler to change a seiko battery

did it myself with a £4 battery and some care

Ro5ey
    Free Member

"Any suggestions please"

Throw it in the bin

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I pay £2.50 for a bog standard watch battery change on our local Market, the gucci is my wifes

tron
    Free Member

Unless it's a very fancy battery, it shouldn't be anywhere near that expensive. Think more like a tenner.

The fancy batteries are usually reserved for things like the Seiko Kinetics.

iDave
    Free Member

does she need a different type of battery?

trailmonkey

The fancy batteries are usually reserved for things like the Seiko Kinetics

I thought they ran without batteries, something to do with your body movement ?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

As far as I am aware – no special battery – Market lady won't touch it tho'

iDave
    Free Member

do it yourself?

simon_g

Watches need batteries? 😯

Depends how fussed you are about water-resistance. I got a set of tools off ebay (mainly for the bracelet-adjusting tools) which have all you need to get most case backs off. Do it carefully and there's no reason it shouldn't still be watertight. Not sure I'd DIY anything I dived with though.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is it waterproof? Does it need pressure testing? If not DIY.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

It's a ladies wristwatch, I think it has to be make-up proof only

tron
    Free Member

Unlike a standard automatic watch, a Kinetic will keep time even when it's not worn. There's a backup system (a battery or capacitor) which keeps the time. If you don't wear it, the self winding movement will start running down, and the backup system keeps time. As soon as the self winder is running again, the backup system resets the watch to the correct time.

TBH I'm not sure if's a combination of an automatic movement and a digital backup timekeeper or just generates electricity to run a quartz movement. Either way, it's got a backup battery.

sobriety
    Free Member

Seiko Kinetics use your movement to charge a battery, Seiko Automatics use your movement to wind a spring.

Edit: Beaten to it

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gucci watches…’ is closed to new replies.