Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • GSXR750 anyone?
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Any of you proper bikers out there got one? I'm testing one on saturday if the weather holds out!

Northwind

New one? Or an older model? Bloody lovely bikes, everything you've read is true, exactly like a 600 but nicer to ride basically. Legendary suzuki build quality does mean you shouldn't ride it til May though :mrgreen: I've never owned one but I've known a few.

smudge
    Free Member

got a couple of mates who have had them and raved about them

ZX6RC
    Free Member

Epic Bike, especially with a few mods. Just switched from a 6 to a 1000! Very nice, power like never before, set up with a power comander and a set of micron serpants, giving 176 on the wheel!

750 is same size of 6, but with more power!! Feels great to ride, easier than 600 though!!

Id only get one if you'd previously ridden a modern 600, cause the power is ferocious!! Enjoy!!!

Mugboo

K2 looks much nicer to me and you'll have cash left! Plus no one needs a faster bike..

ivantate
    Free Member

Not had one but could be talked into a K5 one day.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Cracking bikes, just wish they weren't so ugly (though I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder).

Fowlers in Bristol have an original '86 model in their s/h dept. If I had a couple of grand spare I could be very tempted as a second bike, remember lusting after those like crazy when they came out.

mickasaki
    Free Member

new one! got a 08 ZX6R at the moment, but had biggr bikes before. Just fancy a change! and they look lush in bronze/black! Its a K9 with £1000 off, so what with decent trade in on my bike (and the fact i got a good deal on that when new!) its not to expensive to change! I tried the new ZX10r and ridden a blade before, and a couple of naked 1000's, they are all a bit to much for the road!

Pigface
    Free Member

Had an H model back in the day (what ever that means) horrible around town sublime on A roads. Say bye bye to your license 😆

reggiegasket
    Free Member

a mate has one which I've ridden. Great fun. Very small and revs like crazy and a doddle to ride fast. As said, very 600-like but with more go.

Not in the same league as the thou though, which is significantly faster and a whole different bike because of it. Going down from my K3 1000 to the 750 was like rding a RGV250 again!

Ti29er
    Free Member

One came under me at Barn (Cadwell), only to see it, seconds later, bounce its way across the grass at Coppice.
    Careful whan opening the throttle, fully cranked over as it might just catch you out!

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

ive had over 20 bikes and my last one was a gixxer 750 k5…its was by far the best.silky smooth gears,fab handling and just pulled in every gear..

im now looking at a new one.mite go for the thou! 😆

Ti29er
    Free Member

I had k05 (one before the oval cans).
    Massively capable bike in every way.
    Just prefered the Duke as it had more "soul".

reggiegasket
    Free Member

[self-promotion mode on]

here is a clip of me at Oulton. I've got the camera on my K3 1000 following my mate on a K7 750 (in black) – I was tutoring him so we were filming his lines.

At 2:38 I overtake my mate, so he can follow my lines – and you can see how much more grunt the thou has – and set off after a bloke on a K5 1000, which is even gruntier still. I pass the K5 at 3:40 as he was fairly slow in the corners.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Like the video.
    Oulton is a great course, late apex's, double apex's, running wide under power – it's got most things, inc' rough tarmac on the inside of some, positive camber on others.
    Always rewards some courage and being smooth (and fast) on the turn-in.
    Also good for overtaking as many corners have two very real & possible lines, or whilst racing, an offense and a defensive / blocking line.

Reggie- with whom do you instruct?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Just my mates. A couple of my mates instruct for the trackday companies (Hottrax I think) but I just tend to do it for mates. I used to race so I can generally point them in the right direction.

MrTall
    Free Member

I shall be hitting the dealerships next month to start testing to replace my beloved Vmax which was written off in October.

No idea what i want at the moment and unfortunately as i am so tall the newer sports bikes are a no no for me as they are just too small.

Need 1000cc minimum (miss the torque of my Vmax) but has got to be a big bike. £7500 set aside for the purchase but nothing floats my boat at the moment. Was looking at the new Z1000 but the expected price tag of £7200 came out at £8500 and that's more than i want to spend on that bike.

My old man has just bought a Kawasaki GTR1400 over in the states and is all ready to start his first ever tour there next week (only 2 weeks but a fair few thousand miles).

Very much looking forward to getting back in the saddle this summer. 🙂

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I'd never buy a Suzuki again after the SV650 I had new in 1999. After just 6 months and less than 3000 miles:
    Brake calipers sticking
    Rust in the tank seams
    Fork lacquer falling off
    Gear linkage seized
    Lacquer falling off the engine cases
    Almost all alloy components covered in corrosion fur

Then the dealer who supplied it told me it was my own fault for not washing it and polishing it every time I rode it.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Reggie – self promotion mode due!! Thats one of the better video's of its kind i've seen on youtube! I take it you were not in the novice group then 😆 I've still not ventured onto track yet, i know – i'm wasting my bikes! I live right close to snetterton so may force myself this year. It goes to show that a good rider on a slower bike can still take the big bikes on if they are not being ridden as well!
    Mostly Balanced – triumph were not much better with my 955i, 1 year old with alooy worm on the pegs, hangers, forks – not covered by warranty. I always cleaned it well, and hardly used in the wet either!

zaskar
    Free Member

God she looks so nice too!

Hmmmm!

.duncan
    Free Member

my dad had one.. didn't like it as it was only fun at trackdays and after being hit on the road while riding one… went for a fazer 1000 after that.

epicsteve
    Free Member

here is a clip of me at Oulton

Nice. Not ridden there but I've done several days at Cadwell Park and at Knockhill. Both are fun but Cadwell is just fantastic.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Need 1000cc minimum (miss the torque of my Vmax) but has got to be a big bike. £7500 set aside for the purchase but nothing floats my boat at the moment.

The Suzuki Bandit and the CBF1000 (I've got one of the GT versions) are both good bikes but biased more towards being general purpose workhorses than exciting.

How about getting a classic – finding a nice 6-cylinder Z1300 for example?

juan
    Free Member

Forget it it's an inline four, therefore it's crap on everything but a straight line.
    Now if you're talking about something white, with an italian stable inside two cylinders, you might get something that looks like rides like and sounds like a bike.

Actually that works for a british stable an two cylinders as well.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Forget it it's an inline four, therefore it's crap on everything but a straight line.

I've had V-twins and liked them but actually prefer inline 4's. I've got a couple at the moment (CBR600 and CBF1000GT) and both seem more than adequate at going round corners (on trackdays the CBR600 seemed more than a match for 750 Ducati's both in a straight line and on the corners). Anyone not able to do anything other than gun them in a straight line probably needs to get some additional training – or perhaps they only buy shiny italian bikes for posing on?

scotabroad

had one 15 yrs ago!! Great bike, pretty single minded bike, fantastic on A and B roads. Was a bit small for me being 6 foot.

juan
    Free Member

steve my problem at the moment is I am going trough front tyre and foot pegs faster than through rear tyres.
    I wish I could afford something with the correct number of cylinder made in austria but I can't 🙁

Northwind

"Forget it it's an inline four, therefore it's crap on everything but a straight line."

I'm not sure if this is just so sarcastic it's gone out the other side, or if you're genuinely a nut? 🙂

Curly68
    Free Member

You are a lucky guy Mick! Would love one. Bring it round when you get one please!

mickasaki
    Free Member

Curly, i'm only getting it to save you the job of fitting the new rear tyre on the ZX6R!

mickasaki
    Free Member

Well, here it is! Collect next saturday! Just got to hope the weather holds out now. Couldn't resist getting a Yoshi pipe for it too! And yes it is brown!

giantjason
    Free Member

why did you get a brown one…………do you not know that the blue and white gixxer's are the fastest!!

binners

I bloody loved my old GSX-R750!!! I was young, stupid, and was using it for day-to-day motorcycle courier work. It had the nackers tuned out of it and did the same MPG as a fully laden Range Rover.

The local constabulary loved it too, as they were nightly forced to listen to it howling around the local expressways (sounded ****ing lovely on song). The inevitable happened of course. 125mph in a 50mph zone is neither big nor clever kiddies.

It was the bike that made me do it officer. Honest!

binners

juan – Mine used to go through front tyres faster than rears. They used to develop a lovely triangular profile

Pigface
    Free Member

Brown?????????????????????????????? 😯

mickasaki
    Free Member

easier to clean?

smudge
    Free Member

This weeks gonna drag Mick 😆 You even got me looking round a motorbike shop saturday! looking at trading in my CB500 for a CBR600

martinxyz
    Free Member

Ive seen this new brown 2010 version in the mags etc and it looks nice mick. post pics up in the daylight so we can see how it looks out of the showroom!

the_lecht_rocks

looking at a K5 for this seasons track [ab]use…….. 👿

mickasaki
    Free Member

I'll be interested to see what its like in daylight too! I took a used one out for the demmo, and it pissed down! It was so overcast outside when i got back, when we pushed my one outside to see what the colour was really like, it was darker than inside. I'm sure it will be ok though(please!)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘GSXR750 anyone?’ is closed to new replies.