Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gripshift …..any good ?
  • Duc
    Free Member

I'm curious – its still around and has been for ages – is Gripshift any good ?

I just can't seem to get my shifters in the right place on the bike so thinking about giveing em a go

and yes I know singlespeed would sort the shifter issue out.

juiced
    Free Member

for xc i love them.they just feel so natural, and effortless to use and mine have been use for 10yrs continously. no doubt modern ones are even better.seen some people run them on fr bikes

rootes1

Yes

radoggair
    Free Member

Yes and no. If you look after them then they are sweet to use, change the cables now and then, maybe some grease action. Forget to do this and when it rains and the grips get slippy you will be singlespeeding for the rest of the journey

juiced
    Free Member

i have only lubed ( with sram silicon grease) mine 4 times in 10 yrs and they run perfectly. esp 9.0's. My commuter ones have never been lubed and are only a base model esp3 iirc and have too been superb in all weather.been used for 7 yrs on and off

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

The only advantage I ever found to them, was the ability to tweak the position of the front derailleur so that it didn't rub on the chain at all.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I like them – multiple shifts in either direction and trimming the front mech.

I don't find they need any more maintenance than triggers. Good for t'missus with her small hands as well. I have 'em on one bike but not the other

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Came with a bike I bought ten years ago. intended to sell them and get Shimano but kept them on because they were so good.

never had any problems.

regards

juiced
    Free Member

i think thats partly why i like them so much as i have really small hands

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gripshift …..any good ?’ is closed to new replies.