Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • Gravity Enduro Series entries now open.
  • ash

I think this is going to be an awesome series. FINALLY proper MTB enduro racing reaches the UK in the form of a proper series.

All the best to Steve and his team organising it. And to all those racing: have fun! (I can’t, as I’m not in the UK)

Cheers
    Ash

Horse
    Free Member

It does look good, did the Ae Avalanche race last year and loved it.

Entered the first 4 rounds.

stooo
    Free Member

Wicked – I’m doing the Innerleithen winter enduro at the end of the month… should be a good warm up for this series.

Will def be doing 1st 3 rounds.

wors

Bit of an expensive do if you’re doing them all.

ton

bit expensive if you are doing one………… 😆

£60 to ride a trail center……………do you get a blow job thrown in or something………. 😉

ash

Wors/Ton, you get what you pay for. A more interesting/exciting format than anything else currently on offer in the UK. More costly to operate than the average race because of the timing set-up. It’s not “just riding” a trail centre is it?

ton

ash, how so?

Simon

Got to say I was really looking forward to taking part in a couple of these races but the entry price is now putting me off.

ash

How so what Ton?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Entered Eastridge – never ridden there before so shold be good – can’t afford all 5 as I am doing Transwales this year 🙂

ton

ash, how is it more costly to run than any other event.

i ride audax………….tea and digestives at the start, and tea and butties at the finish. average entry fee £10……….. 😉

Northwind

Wow, that’s an exercise in crap websitery isn’t it… Seem to have forgotten to tell us anything about the racing. Anyone got any more info? Looks interesting but a bit bare of detail to decide…

And, uh, specifically what do you get for £60 from the innerleithen date that you don’t get for £30 from the Enduro on the 30th? Did some googling and found a post on here that suggests it’s using almost the same route.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I think I’ll wait until after the jury comes back in…… 😉

AntM
    Free Member

me and a mate have entered Ae, well up for it!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For the money you will get
    Marshalls
    Timing
    Course Marking and Setting
    Prizes
    Medics
    and a whole heap of other stuff!!

ash

Ton- MTB gravity enduro takes a much more sophisticated (and hence more expensive to buy/hire) timing system than Audax to make it work.

And, uh, specifically what do you get for £60 from the innerleithen date that you don’t get for £30 from the Enduro on the 30th?

From UK Gravity Enduro site:
    Each enduro event is held over a weekend with open practice and seeding taking place on Saturday afternoon and the main enduro event taking place on Sunday.

foxyrider
    Free Member

If you don’t want to shell out for £60 a race then don’t bother 🙄 No one is forcing you to – blimey!

bobbyspangles

i agree 60 is steep for a new series, as the same race at ae which was run by the Avalanche cup was cheaper.

PeteG55
    Free Member

I’m down for 3 of them, couldn’t really afford to lump out the cash for all 5 in one hit. Hope theres spaces left closer to the time. Went for the ones I think will sell out quickest. Looking forward to them, just need to work on my skills and buy a dropper post.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry I should have said if its too expensive then don’t worry about it – bad day at work 😳

DeeW
    Free Member

Have to agree with others that as a non-racer (and probably not educated in all the work and expense that goes into organising racing like this) £60 has put me off entering. Though don’t by any means begrudge organisers aiming to make some money out of these events.

Had a look at the winter and summer enduros and seems with the ‘summer’ series you do get 1 timed seeding run extra over the winter enduro.

Know its on a very different scale but I’ve just entered the Megavalanche: about 100 Euros got me 2 timed runs and a 7 day lift pass…

scrambler
    Free Member

I have been waiting for details of this series as keen to do it and I think it will be of interest to a lot of people. However I wasnt expecting £60!
    I do realise the accurate timing of multiple stages come at a cost. Which brings me to: how many timed stages are there at each round and are any stages ridden more than once? I cant find any info on the website about this. Also is there a time limit to get between stages (as in motorcycle enduros)?
    When entering most events you know how far, how many laps etc. you are getting for your money – perhaps if this info was made available……………..

Parr
    Free Member

Thanks for some of the feedback, all taken onboard, will check site for information your asking for, its defo on the facebook group.

There will be 5 stages at all rounds, you are not timed between stages, but given a set time to make it to the start of your next stage, same as Avalanche.
    Our twist on things is stage 5 will be live timed into a finish arena, just like DH, trade stands, demo rides, catering, mechanics etc, will all be in this area,
    We had hoped to price at £55 per round, but the cost of essentials has made this a non starter.

The Winter enduro at Inners is, i believe, only 3 stages.

Scrambler – No 1 stage will be used again and its defo not like UK enduro, no laps here, all about ripping the trails down 🙂
    Hope this helps
    Steve

Northwind

Cheers Parr, very interesting… Will it be possible to race without the seeding, ie just turn up on the sunday as unseeded?

hels
    Free Member

(Hi Steve)

Yes, both are Enduros at Innerleithen but the Jan one is a winter event thus by definition shorter and simpler, both awesome in their own way.

Limited places too, so get your entries in soon if you want to race, we won’t have day entries if we sell out the pre-entries.

I’m considering riding the event in July, if any other ladies enter, I’ve been promised a good party in the middle pub after !

http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com

Cronin
    Free Member

Sorry but the cost is a big put-off – almost as much as BDS but without uplift costs. The argument that it’s expensive because of the timing needs seems limp. Orienteering events have more sophisticated timing needs and don’t cost anywhere near as much. Has anyone looked at SPORTident timing systems for events like this?

scrambler
    Free Member

Thanks for the info Steve – didnt think to check facebook group.

Regarding the set time given to get to the next stage – how tight are these timings and are there time penatlties incurred if you’re late?

ash

Has anyone looked at SPORTident timing systems for events like this?

Yes. Not particularly cheap when you take everything into account.

sherry
    Free Member

I was looking forward to this event but the price per event is well, pricey! You could enter the Megavalanche and get a cheap flight for the same price as entering all of the Gravityenduro events! I really wouldn’t expect to pay more than £45 for an event like this in the UK.

PeteG55
    Free Member

I’m guessing that liability insurance will take up a massive chunk of the fee. Only guessing though.

richmtb

Anyone remember how much the Ae Avalance was lasst year? I’m sure it was £50

£60 a race does seem very expensive but i probably will do at least one of them

wors

Would love to do one but too much for me. Hope it all goes well though.

cookeaa

Given all the costs and probably limited entry numbers I can understand the cost…

Would I be right in thinking the format is a tweaked slightly fancier version of the “mashup” they’ve had at afan a few times.. I really enjoyed the first one of those but haven’t had the chance to do anothed. an extended version really appeals to me…

Trekster

richmtb – Member
    Anyone remember how much the Ae Avalance was lasst year? I’m sure it was £50

£60 a race does seem very expensive but i probably will do at least one of them
    Like everything else cost have increased. FC for one have upped their fees, downhillers will find out soon.
    From what I have been told the costs for this series are scary!!!!! The entry fee is barely break even which seems well scary. I just hope for the organisers sake that it is a good format but maybe at the wrong time regards the current financial climate.

deerhunter
    Free Member

Glentress and Kielder Saab Salomon Avalanche Trophy (Enduro stage) was something like £35 but then they (the French) started to hike the price also, like richmtb said something like £50 for Ae last year, add fuel etc onto ya £60 and its no cheap weekend ay. Seems like all event crews are pushing the price up till we crack and dont pay up, could this be breaking point? Bet BC take a fair share to plough back into fixie types so they can ride around in circles, as per Treksters comment FC will want more to cover there ar3e and make the books balance. Still cant work out how the French could do it so cheap (having the cost of traveling over here ontop off event costs) and now its like 70% more expensive? Might go to 1 or 2 if I pawn the family heirlooms.

Simon

I think the Avalanche Enduro at Ae last year cost me 50 Euros.

foxyrider
    Free Member

The French subsidise a lot of their sports and the lifts systems are publically owned?

fbk
    Free Member

I’m signing up for the first 4 rounds – been looking forward to this for a while and it has the potential to be a great series.

I do agree that £60 per round is expensive but a lot of thought and preparation seems to have gone into this. Personally I’d rather pay a bit more for a better timing system than have the farce that the Mash-Up turned into! As for the UK Avalanche, as far as I could tell, the one at Kielder 2 years ago was guess work to say the least – hand held scanners and stop watches!

lunge

Sorry to be a bit thick (and possible something that could be mentioned on the website) but what exactly does the racing entail? Is it just a long downhill race? Are there stages? Do you have to ride uphill between stages? What bike?!

Thanks!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Gravity Enduro Series entries now open.’ is closed to new replies.