Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gravity Dropper What One To Buy
  • grantway
    Free Member

Ok going to go for the Turbo version
    But what size drop IE 4' or 3' inch drop
    and what is multi drop, and is it needed
    Or just go for a Descender

But stil unsure about multi drop and standard drop?

quentinfarquar
    Free Member

just bought a Joplin with 3in and it's plenty. Best thing I have ever upgraded!!!

Northwind

Descender means you lose the remote. But, the upgrade kit is £60ish inc postage from GD, which is more than just getting a Turbo in the first place but not the end of the world. And fitment since it's a gravity dropper is dead easy. Still, best do it right first time…

Get the 4 inch drop… No reason not to IMO, 3 inches is usually enough but I doubt you'll ever think "Oh I wish I had 1 inch less drop".

Multidrop gives you a setting in the middle, so you can have 1 inch drop for "cruise". Which is a good idea but it's a bugger to get it to click in at the small drop. Mine doesn't have it but I tried it on a mate's and I could only get it about half the time. He has trouble too, it's not just me being a mong…

You can add multidrop yourself, all it is, is a hole drilled in the post. Apparently. Not done it myself so if it snaps in half, don't blame me 😉 But, I figure I'll stick one in the middle if I do, easier to find with my non-precision arse. Might just not bother.

grantway
    Free Member

Thanks Northwind so is it not worth getting the Multi drop?
    Has I dont really want to try and find the hole as all I
    want to do is get the seat out the way.
    I can see for what you describe the 4 inch is the way forward
    But unsure on this extra hole, is/are there any benefits in having
    the extra hole?

grumm
    Free Member

I just got the classic 4" single drop remote one from Wiggle – dunno if cost is a big issue for you but it's 'only' £168.99 at the mo with their voucher code – one left.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Gravity_Dropper_Classic_Seat_Post/5360044321/

Rickos
    Free Member

I've got the multi and you need to drop the saddle mid-way (or just not to the bottom), let go of the remote lever and then let it spring back up and it just slots into the 1 inch drop position.

I find the 1 inch drop good for singletrack stuff and save the highest setting for road and climbs. May as well go for the 4 inch overall drop as the whole idea is that the saddle is out of the way – you ain't going to be sat pedalling with it dropped anyway, so get it right out of the way.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Go for 4 inch, I got the 3 inch first and then replaced it with the 4 inch because it wasn't enough.

Northwind

Ah, I tried that Rickos but most times it just seems to spring straight to the top. Maybe I just don't have the knack.

Grantway, I don't honestly know if it's worth having, what I'd suggest is ask GD if I'm right about how to add multi-drop, if I am then it matters less which one you go for. Nobody I know's been able to get it to work completely right but maybe that's just us being rubbish. I did like it when it worked though.

grantway
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice Just bought the Gravity classic
    £ 168.99p with voucher Bargin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gravity Dropper What One To Buy’ is closed to new replies.