Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gravity Dropper problem
  • Fabdad
    Free Member

Been struggling to get my GD Classic to work properly,so took it to bits,nothing obviously wrong,clean and regreased everything as per the instructions,then reassembled it but still won’t work right 🙁 It was then I noticed that the housing that holds the pin/actuating mechanism has all but parted company with the main tube that fits into the seat tube.I was a bit taken aback that it was only glued onto the tube!Anybody else had this happen? Have sent a polite email to Gravity Dropper hoping they can help,out of warranty though! Failing Gravity Dropper doing anything can anyone recommend a bloody strong metal to metal adhesive? Cheers

5thElefant
    Free Member

Yeah, had that. Epoxy and a couple of zip ties (optionally leave them in place) will have it fixed in a couple of minutes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

GD will fix it for free if you pay the postage there but the above works as well as does just zip ties which i did in an emergency when the levr came off in my hand

Fabdad
    Free Member

Think that’s what I’ll end up doing,bit pants though on something that cost nearly 200 Quid :evil:.Only just emailed GD so will see what they have to say!

5thElefant
    Free Member

When it snaps in half through the pin-hole you’ll be even less impressed. I was.

Liftman

GD will fix it for free if you pay the postage there but the above works as well as does just zip ties which i did in an emergency when the levr came off in my hand

Yup, I’ve recently done this, returned it back with a new bottom section that has the problem part held on now with 4 screws as well as being bonded, they also gave it a service.

dreednya

Mine was replaced/re-glued by GD twice, but happened again so two zip-ties worked a treat fro the past year 🙂

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Happened to me, agree with posts above. Enailed them, cost me £14 to send it to them and they fixed it for free.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gravity Dropper problem’ is closed to new replies.