Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • GPS route for the Pentlands?
  • leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Does anyone have GPS routes of rides in the Pentlands they wouldn’t mind sharing with me?

cynic-al
    Free Member

druid used to have a site, he pulled it iirc. Epicsteve is into that gps stuff too IIRC.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Cheers al. Found some on Bikely but they only cover the North East part of the hills.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No worries – that’s where most folk ride as it’s closest to God’s own city 😉

There are a few trails crossing the hills by Carlops, Ninemileburn and maybe West Linton, if you can find a map online I’ll try and point them out.

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

I’ve found one which loops round Black Hill/Gask Hill and Capelaw Hill/Castlelaw Hill which will do.

When I lived in Edinburgh I used to ride down by Carlops Hill and the Kips, but it’s been so long I can’t remember the routes! Hence the routes, didn’t want to find myself getting lost.

bigjim

If you get lost in the pentlands, just head downhill! You’ll end up either in Edinburgh or a road that leads to Edinburgh 😀

robgarrioch

Possibly useful old thread.

Depending when you’re up LLBT, there’s usually a sociable ride on Wednesday evenings around 7 from the corner shop on Bonaly Avenue / Bonaly Road tailored to suit likely ground conditions… (currently ‘soft & gooey’, I’d imagine)

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Thanks Rob, but I have to be in Edinburgh tomorrow morning and thought I’d capitalise on the drive through from Glasgow.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘GPS route for the Pentlands?’ is closed to new replies.