Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 218 total)
  • Gove stabs boris in the back….
  • “Having consulted colleagues and in view of the circumstances of Parliament I have concluded that person cannot be me.”

Doesn’t have the courage to see through his convictions.

Theresa May as more balls than he has.

chestrockwell

Johnson really is a snivelling coward isn’t he. A bully, a liar and a coward.

richmtb

It shows how **** the whole situation is when you are rooting for Theresa May

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

So Jamba was wrong….what…I ….but….I just don’t know what to believe any more 🙁

Anyway, looking like Thatcher v2 incoming, then?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Dom Raab is hilarious on the daily politics now

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Meanwhile the rest of us should be getting used to wielding an adze, learning how to aplly daub to wattle and brushing up our pottage recipes

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Boris throws Gove under the bus.

Yep, that.

When Gove gets the blame for the post A-50 depression, Johnson’s sins will be forgotten and his position as someone who ‘campaigned to take us out of Europe’ will be presented as leadership.

General election now, please.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Channel?

ninfan
    Free Member

I like Gove as a no-nonsense politician, but PM 😆 not on your nelly.

Imelda May even worse – definitely one for the B Ark.

It’s clear there’s only the nuclear option left:

[video]http://youtu.be/jZSC_Z65pKE[/video]

binners

The man has no interest in sorting out the almighty **** up he has now caused.

He’ll go on to create yet more problems. Thats what he does. He leaves others to actually sort out the carnage that trails in his wake

What an utter **** he is!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’d vote for JRM.

I have no idea why 🙁

martinhutch

Floccinihlinaucipilification! Won a bet with that one, I daresay.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Theresa May as more balls than he has the rest of them put together.

8)

benp1

Hmmm – Gove was education secretary and teachers hated him. This is the statement from the NUT on him from a while ago on why he’s bad for children’s education

1 He has a narrow view of what makes a good education – one that doesn’t include
    vocational subjects.
    2 He constantly runs down our education system and our children’s achievements,
    despite our country doing well in international league tables – this demoralises our
    teachers and our children
    3 He has removed the need for schools to employ qualified teachers, and attacks our
    teachers’ professionalism.
    4 He has presided over the unfairness of last year’s GCSEs and refused to do anything to
    help the 10,000 children given unfair grades.
    5 He has done nothing to resist the trebling of tuition fees.
    6 Abolition of the EMA has resulted in fewer 16-19 year olds in education. He will have
    cut post-16 funding by 20% across the lifetime of this Government.
    7 He has unpicked many long-standing requirements for school premises, including
    dropping requirements for minimum temperatures, staffrooms, and minimum ratios
    for toilets; and he’s reduced the space standards for new schools as well.
    8 He has cancelled the modernisation programme for all schools and diverted the money
    to supporting Free Schools, often in areas which don’t need extra school places.
    9 He has cancelled the City Challenge programme which was improving results without
    privatisation.
    10 He wants to end the national teachers’ pay system, putting recruitment and retention
    of teachers at risk and forcing head teachers and governors to focus on negotiating
    pay instead of improving standards for students.
    We have seen these policies before. In the 80s and 90s education was underfunded, schools
    were run down, and teachers were vilified and in short supply. We have come so far since then.
    It will be a tragedy if Gove is allowed to turn the clock back.
    Unfortunately he is not prepared to stop there. He is deregulating education as much as he can
    and he is promoting business interests. This giant experiment is putting our children’s future at
    risk.

Clearly they’re biased, but we really could have him as PM…

mrlebowski
    Free Member

All I can say is thank F Bojo has ruled himself out.

His credibility levels are now lower than a snakes belly!

I’d like to see May get the job.

ninfan
    Free Member

Gove was education secretary and teachers hated him

Hmm, Could you point to the last education secretary that teachers liked?

(Regardless, as above, even I as one of his few defenders on here wouldn’t dream of putting him as PM material)

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

There are degrees of disdain.

footflaps

Bojo exposed for what he was – a naked opportunist. Shameful

Pretty sure no one other than jambalaya thought otherwise….

chakaping
    Free Member

Jeremy Hunt must have changed his mind then. That would have been a real clash of the titanic arseholes – him vs Gove.

It’s clearly gonna be May, she played a blinder with her barely even lukewarm support for the Remain campaign.

She’s apparently a very unpleasant person, so maybe not the worst choice from an opposition perspective.

footflaps

His credibility levels are now lower than a snakes belly!

Gove’s shouldn’t be any better, he campaigned on the same platform as BoJo…

martinhutch

She’s apparently a very unpleasant person, so maybe not the worst choice from an opposition perspective.

I’m struggling to see that as a USP among the prospective candidates.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Omnishambles.

franksinatra

On the night of the referendum I had an intense (not dirty) dream about May becoming PM. Had the same dream twice since. Just sayin…

ahwiles
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

my Dad was a teacher/headmaster, he thinks/thought Clare Short was pretty good, all things considered.

the-muffin-man

I seem to remember Thatcher wasn’t the most like person in the world – didn’t do her any harm though!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

If only Labour could find a principled man of belief with tons of grass-roots party support to get behind and challenge the Tory party NOW …

corroded
    Free Member

In a ‘laughing at’ or ‘laughing with’ sort of way? Missed it.

ransos
    Free Member

When Gove gets the blame for the post A-50 depression, Johnson’s sins will be forgotten and his position as someone who ‘campaigned to take us out of Europe’ will be presented as leadership.

This. Cameron totally screwed Johnson when he resigned – enact the full Brexit and the economy tanks. Water it down and enrage your supporters. It’s abundantly clear that there was no Brexit plan because he never expected to win.

Johnson has made the only play available to him – wait it out.

kimbers

PM Gove would be funny, every time he tried to use an ‘expert’ opinion he’d get laughed out the house

Sadly in our post truth politics world maybe that doesn’t matter ?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Boris has played a blinder.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ransos – very true. But once again Cameron minor gets the better of Bojo. Although neither win in the end, but at least Dave made it to #10

sneakyg4
    Free Member

muppetWrangler – Member

+1

He’s trying to make the best out of a bad situation. He really could have done with Cameron staying in post until the next GE.

Now a lot of people will see him for what he really is.

slowoldman

Good grief.

mefty
    Free Member

my Dad was a teacher/headmaster, he thinks/thought Clare Short was pretty good, all things considered.

Clare Short never held the post.

ransos
    Free Member

I’m not so sure: this will be seen as an act of cowardice and will be hung round his neck should he run in the future.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Interesting comment on the Guardian.

Gove’s leadership challenge and Boris’s step down is proof that the game spelled out in Teebs’ comment is going ahead.

Gove will take the fall when Brexit has its full winter backlash… he doesn’t care about his popularity with the public, and Johnson is being spared by the Conservative Party strategists for future (a year or three in the future) deployment.

Gove has nothing to lose, and every opportunity to make the volatility that the Conservatives want in the world….

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A blinder?

He screwed us and then he screwed himself. What is the word for the latter…..?

Pigface
    Free Member

Maybe some dirt on Boris is about to be released, I am sure he has all sorts of skeletons in various closets.

growinglad
    Free Member

It’s all in the plan. Most of the conservatives wanted out….They can see the way the EU wants to go down the super state road.

Boris’ job was to get them out. Done!

Cameron never really put that much effort in convincing us in was best. He’s happy with the result.

Close ties with Europe yes…being controlled by them, no.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 218 total)

The topic ‘Gove stabs boris in the back….’ is closed to new replies.