Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 218 total)
  • Gove stabs boris in the back….
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Speaking of cocks, what has Farage been up today?

He’s been out raising awareness for his cause.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Shame the clown prince didn’t get to hold the reins for a while! His negotiating skills would have **** job right up 😀 guaranteeing the tories wouldn’t get a third term, the old boys knew that though!

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m sure he knew what you meant dannyh,

Oh i knew what he meant. 🙂

Looks like Juncker enjoyed the w**k that Scotland sent much more than the w**k that England sent….

Ro5ey
    Free Member

This isn’t about single people ….. gove, johnson or may

It’s Cons central at work

May or Gove to do the donkey work …. Boris to sink into the background until the next GE … when he can connect with “the people” once again

All the while A50 is going to get kicked down the road again and again by the Tory party whilst they wait for other EU citizens to register protest votes in their own countries, thus triggering a renegotiation of rules led by the richer (bigger) nations . Whilst they wait for this that and the other they continuously reassure the 17m that their wishes will be honoured…….. but they never will.

Oldest play in the book

Divide and rule

They’ve done it to the country, they are doing it to the EU

wwaswas

Wassisname’s got the party behind him…

MSP

You know you’re **** when you’re supporters state their support with powerpoint.

slimjim78
    Free Member

If only Labour could find a principled man of belief with tons of grass-roots party support

Ha!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Enjoying the irony of a Polish-born MP supporting a xenophobic candidate who is prepared to lie about EU immigration

aracer
    Free Member

So which Shakespeare play is it they’re acting out, and who will be the last person standing?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ro5ey – Member
    This isn’t about single people ….. gove, johnson or may
    It’s Cons central at work

I’m sure you like to think that. It probably helps to take the sting out of what’s happening to the Peoples Party for you, I would imagine.

slowoldman

So which Shakespeare play is it they’re acting out, and who will be the last person standing?

Exactly what I’ve been thinking. Most suitable title is Comedy of Errors but the plot doesn’t fit.

colp

I reckon they need someone a bit left of Gove et all, who supported Brexit, with experience in a senior political role.
    Surely JC is in with a shout?

mefty
    Free Member

We are about half way through Coriolanus.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

looks like someone started at the back half and worked forwards mefty?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I might start a petition asking the Queen to dissolve this parliament so that we can have a general election.

That would settle the doubt over the referendum result, at least – and the week’s events should ensure a high turn out.

(But I suspect she’s a closet Brexiteer, despite the family history.)

mefty
    Free Member

I was thinking of Johnson’s role as mayor as equivalent to Corianlanus’s army career and now he has been deposed on his way to Consulship. Now we await, with bated breath, his reaping of vengeance from exile – popcorn at the ready.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Bottom Midsummer’s night dream

Total ass, fell in love, spurned by his love who on awakening from the enchantment find him repulsive and disgusting and then becomes a laughing stock

Needs a revenge though I guess to really work

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Thank you everyone – this thread has been my go-to read all day!

ourmaninthenorth

We are about half way through Coriolanus.

I had it more as Titus Andronicus.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

If he was a Gladiator he’d be Bicurious

TheFopster
    Free Member

My impression is that “Bill Cash Nutcase Tendency” sums up the bulk of the Conservative party. If they’re presented with the choise of a eurosceptic candidate or a pro EU candidate, they’ll back the eurosceptic.

Bill Cash Nutcase Tendency – playing tonight at the Hope and Anchor. £5, £3 concessions.

brassneck

It’s getting more like the last act of The Duchess of Malfi with the amount of bodies littering Parliament

zippykona

Boris vying for the Labour leadership?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Woppit…

Once more you’ve got it wrong.

I wouldn’t like my theory at all

And on a different note

Dorset knob

I would suggest a GE is a pretty bad idea… The last thing we need is UKIP gaining in the power vacuum we have at the moment.

bigrich

use stupidly ambitious but only one with any charisma to sell the utter nonsense of the brexit to the x-factor consuming idiots, then when he’s served his purpose, dispose of him ruthlessly and replace with the Gove-BOT or the Evil May.

it’s quite impressive in a Game of thrones kind of way.

kimbers

Aaaaaand it turns out Gove Ok’d Johnson’s Pro free movement article from Sundays Telegraph, is that goves negotiation stance blown?

https://m.facebook.com/pestonitv/posts/1648376065487132

The johnson/gove camps Obvs have a lot of bad blood,

oldnpastit

I had it more as Titus Andronicus.

Who’s in the pie?

aracer
    Free Member

Is this the correct thread to discuss the leadership contest (or do we need to start another one)? Anyway, odds on May are shortening – she’s now 2/1 on. Meanwhile Gove has slipped into third behind Leadsom – and Stoner will be pleased to see that the odds on Crabb are also shortening a bit.

bex
    Free Member

A haaaaandbaaag??!!!

Dame Edith beat both Boris and Dave in terms of political (small P) kudos. But at least we’ve snubbed Obama’s ‘go to the back of the queue’ blackmail, no?

kimbers

Seems like Gove’s human suit suffers the occasional glitch

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_WjImoHux8[/video]

its better on this vine clip too…

https://vine.co/v/hgbab1H2LH7

martinhutch

There’s a flavour of King Lear about it.

Foolish old man divides the kingdom in a slapdash way – gives it to the daughter prepared to lie in the grandest manner…the daughters start betraying each other, and the French invade.

Ends up destroying himself and his family while descending into bitterness and madness.

Just your average day at Tory Central Office.

BillMC

and on thy blade and dudgeon gouts of blood

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/36677623

RustySpanner

BBC now reporting Gove urged to quit race by fellow Tories.

Curiouser and curiouser.

BBC now reporting Gove urged to quit race by fellow Tories.

Curiouser and curiouser.

All part of BoJos plan to avoid the trap set for him by Cameron. He’ll need Gove post 2020.

cinnamon_girl

Gove needs to have a word with wifey, she’s a liability.

mefty
    Free Member

All part of BoJos plan to avoid the trap set for him by Cameron

I do love the BoJo conspiracies, the simple fact he has consistently only survived in any job because of the people around him, that is ok for an Editor or even a London Mayor (just about), but not good enough for PM. He has no friends in politics, he is unclubable and he is unreliable. The Tory party would have to go completely mad for him to ever have a chance (so you can’t rule it out completely).

binners

Gove needs to have a word with wifey, she’s a liability.

He counts Paul Dacre amongst his friends, so he needs to have a look at the company he keeps generally. But then he’s a senior Tory, so I suppose your chance of encountering non-sociopaths is fairly limited

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Gove needs to have a word with wifey,

“Goodbye” …?

…might be a good choice (for all of us)

cinnamon_girl

binners – indeed. She needs to stay out of his day job, it’s reminding me of Cherie Blair. Compare it to SamCam who behaves impeccably despite being married to DC.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 218 total)

The topic ‘Gove stabs boris in the back….’ is closed to new replies.