Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 218 total)
  • Gove stabs boris in the back….
  • burko73

Despite supporting boris and saying he’d get behind him he now says he’s got no confidence in him as a leader and so he’s standing for pm himself….

everyone
    Free Member

Politicians in politics shocker.

binners

The phrase ‘Rats in a Sack’ would seem to summarise whats happening in both parties.

I think neither Gove or Boris has a cat in hells chance. They’re too closely associated with the lies, racism and general nastiness of the Leave campaign. And as the whole sorry mess unravels, as it surely will – they’ll become electorally toxic. The real powers that be in the Tory party are already well aware of this. I think/hope that this will mean the end of both their political careers

thegreatape
    Free Member

My heart bleeds….

Even my daughter, with only a younger teenager’s passing interest in politics, was incredulous at the prospect on Boris being PM. “Seriously Dad? Surely we can’t have him as Prime Minister? Surely they wouldn’t do that? Look at him!” 😀

onehundredthidiot

Oh ffs. What the public doesn’t matter they’ll get one of the buffoons on the front step then wage the same campaign in a general election that they did for brexit. politics isn’t about the general good it’s about keeping your arse in a powerful seat for as long as possible and hang the consequences.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

He said he was standing because he had come “to the conclusion that Boris cannot provide the leadership or build the team for the task ahead”.

No wonder he has been so quiet!!

Dreaming that one up. What a lovely bunch these politicians are.

So Sarah Vain for PM with Michael as her first man. Wow there’s an offer that’s hard to turn down.

hot_fiat

Having shared dinner and breakfast tables with Dr Fox while on holiday for the past 7 or 8 years, his announcement that he’d thrown his hat into the ring was no surprise. Though, I don’t think he stands a chance as he is far too near the Bill Cash brigade to bring any unity to the swivel-eyed loons. My money’s on Voldemort’s drag queen – is she the Anti-Mandelson?

rkk01
    Free Member

Lib Dem rehabilitation???

TBH, the LDs undeservedly took the public’s ire at the last GE – a bit like Remain during EUref

isitafox
    Free Member

Whilst it would be probably be bad long term I would love Boris to be Prime Minister just to be in the history books.
    Can you imagine future generations looking back and thinking “what the **** happened there!”

anagallis_arvensis

Can we have a vote of no confidence in the entire political system?

hot_fiat

Tim Farron’s a good guy. Too good to have anything to do with the front benches in our adversarial system. Perhaps if we built a new parliament, where people sat in a circle… 🙄

jambalaya
    Free Member

Boris will be PM, if not in September then later.

Stoner
    Free Member

fascinating watching the odds pricing move by the minute at Ladbrokes.

Mrs Ming still leading at Evens. EDIT changed again! Now 10/11!
    Gove has dragged BoJo from 11/8 to 4/1, with Gove on the same price.

My bet on Crabb on Sunday at 16/1 came into 8 and has gone back out to 12 this morning.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Boris will be PM, if not in September then later.

It worries me this seems to please you.

MSP

I think you will find he has stabbed him in the front.

The whole charade is somewhat predictable, the whole campaign was about gaining power, now they will fight amongst themselves for their prize.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member
    cloudnine
    Free Member

Crabb is an utter moron.. he believes homosexuals can be cured

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I am just upset JRM is trailing at 100-1. I would happily live in his Tory hell-scape just to hear his mellifluous tones.

Stoner
    Free Member

crabb back out to 16. Well there goes my tenner 🙂

Gove at 3.5 nudging in front of Boris at 4

wwaswas

Gove seems such a nice chap with the nations best interests at heart.

kimbers

WTF, I’m actually starting to think it might be a good idea to get referendum Dave back

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It makes you wonder why Mrs Gove bothered to leak that email, and not just ring the Guardian direct.

WTF, I’m actually starting to think it might be a good idea to get referendum Dave back

Do you remember why Call Me Dave was PM? Such happy times….I just wish we could go back. 🙁

onehundredthidiot

It was suggested at the last general election but maybe Scottish conservatives Scottish labour and SNP should just battle out a general election. Their leaders are the only vaguely electable politicians left.

MSP

Anyone who thought the labour leadership battle was nasty hasn’t seen anything yet, now the professional **** are lining up to rumble.

hot_fiat

By the power of Greyskull! What a thoroughly despicable character.

wwaswas: where’s that from?

footflaps

As Tories go, he’s by far the best of a bad bunch…..

WildHunter2009

Gove as PM…. for the future of the countries children after the entire teaching profession marches into the sea…

johndoh
    Free Member

I think neither Gove or Boris has a cat in hells chance. They’re too closely associated with the lies, racism and general nastiness of the Leave campaign.

The Leave Campaign that won though…

bencooper
    Free Member

To be fair, I oppose euthanasia for schoolchildren too.

Pigface
    Free Member

Is this politics or a episode of House of Cards????

mefty
    Free Member

I have always been very sceptical of Boris’s chances, always questioning whether he would make it onto the membership ballot, but once Gove had supported him I thought the game may be up. Now Gove has done to him to him what he did to Cameron, absolutely fantastically brutal – gotta love it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes but Boris and Gove are trying to get as far away from that cock up as possible. It’s really hard when you are trying to hide the fact that you are trying not to win…

Hopefully they all get a grilling by the press, it will be like fish in a barrel

Stoner
    Free Member

I’ve given up watching house of cards. The BBC Parliament channel is more gripping 🙂

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

It’s my understanding (from reading stuff) that of Tories are quite annoyed at the outright lies he used simply to further his own career.

Seems like they are rounding against him. Presumably Gove has been offered something by May to run against Johnson.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So who is waiting till this lot make each other unelectable?

mefty
    Free Member

Yes but Boris and Gove are trying to get as far away from that cock up as possible. It’s really hard when you are trying to hide the fact that you are trying not to win…

Boris maybe (ok probably), but not Gove, I am convinced he believes leaving is the right thing.

mogrim

Anyone who thought the labour leadership battle was nasty hasn’t seen anything yet, now the professional **** are lining up to rumble.

Nah, nobody does backstabbing like the left.

aracer
    Free Member

Boris is out at 5 at http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-conservative-leader

(I always think the best odds is the most reliable indicator, as anything shorter is just the bookies taking profit – especially given the book is more than 100% even if you mix and match)

Oh and Crabb at 25

orangespyderman

I’ve given up watching house of cards. The BBC Parliament channel is more gripping

I agree, but sometimes the plot on the Parliament channel gets a bit silly. 😀

avdave2

To be fair, I oppose euthanasia for schoolchildren too.

You obviously don’t know any!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 218 total)

The topic ‘Gove stabs boris in the back….’ is closed to new replies.