Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gortex repair patches – where from?
  • woodsman
    Free Member

and are they successful?

We have a Black's in town, do you think they will keep such things..

gazza100
    Jamie
    Free Member

I bought some of these when i ripped my eVent jacket. Working a treat. They do a tape as well if you want to cut your own shapes, just scroll up/down.

awh
    Free Member

Slightly OT but, I've had my eVENT jacket and shorts repaired. Both were patched over a year ago and are still perfect.

woodsman
    Free Member

It's a Goretex Paclite jacket – in blue. The TG store only have the kit in white! I'll give them a ring Monday. Thanks for other other link too.

Rocketdog36
    Free Member

why not buy a new jacket??

woodsman
    Free Member

It is quite new! Caught a bit barbed wire..

Rocketdog36
    Free Member

ahh i see

Reluctant
    Free Member

I've used Goretex patchkits with great success, but always applied on the inside of the jacket, so colour matching isn't an issue. This was on a 2 layer XCR jacket. If the Paclite has a mesh lining, you can snip out a segment, mend inside, then re-sew – shouldn't be a difficult job.

grahamb
    Free Member

If it's a tear, get some Seamgrip. Most decent outdoor shops do it. Costs about a fiver. Apply to the inside of the fabric, with some sellotape or similar temporarily on the outside to hold the tear together. Dries in about 12 hours. Remove the tape & you're done.

Woodsman, iirc you're in Brighton. I got mine from Open Spaces on Trafalgar St.

woodsman
    Free Member

I didn't realise it went on the inside!

Thanks for the tip grahamb – I'm not in Brighton, but close-ish and often ride with the BrightonMtb lot, if I get stuck I'll check out Open Spaces -ta.

Thanks all

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gortex repair patches – where from?’ is closed to new replies.