Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Gordon ramsey on 4 now….
  • TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

What a complete t1t.

That is all, just felt I had to share….

MrNutt
    Free Member

not watching it but I've a lot of respect for the guy, what's he up to?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Being disrespectful to the locals…is she **** dead. Had to laugh!

pegasus
    Free Member

I'm watching it at the mo'. He is so over the top that I reckon it's all a stunt. When he apparantly stalled his bike at the level crossing there was a lot of tooting but no-one actually behind him. From what I remember of India, if you stall or stop anywhere people just overtake, willy-nilly. Personally, I don't like his 'style'.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I reckon he was popping a couple of amphetamines before each take.

samuri
    Free Member

Normally I think he's quite funny but that annoyed me a lot of the time. yeah, the bike thing. They were tooting for them to raise the barrier, not for him to get out of the way. And he's holding the rifle in the title screen like it's covered in shit.

TheDoog
    Free Member

Total and utter twunt, kept saying 'jesus christ' all the way thru it, obviously forgot where he was, incidentally he was on itv2 simultaneously hells kitchen USA, why does no one slap him? Wish he'd pop round to my house and raise his voice i'd stick his michelin star where its dark…………….. oh he lost his star………….

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

loads of bs in that last night, like when he faked the ooh I nearly missed the train bit!!

Give me a break!!

ChrisS
    Free Member

Hated the way he kept referring to all indian food in the UK as crap in comparison to the "authentic" stuff….. tell that to the winners of his restaurant competition the other week (it was an indian restaurant!).

jimmy

yeah the program didn't suit him. when he was talking about the ant-eating tribe being all soft and reflective, you could tell he wanted to just drop some f'words in.

Agree with Pegasus about the bike stalling. Awkward viewing. And what the f's with his orange tan?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes, watched it last night. The food stuff was quite interesting. The cursing and disrespect for his hosts was not impressive. And what a drama queen, he's been watching too much Bear Grylls I think.

radoggair
    Free Member

michelin star where its dark…………….. oh he lost his star………….

At 1 of his restaurants, stil is 1 of only 4 chefs to retain there 3 stars.

skidartist
    Free Member

incidentally he was on itv2 simultaneously hells kitchen USA, why does no one slap him?

Incidentally he was also pretty much simultaneously on Alex Riley's rather excellent BBC1 documentary on disgusting food being called to account (again) for his endorsement of Booker Cash and Carry's slurry-and-chemicals-and-salt-packaged-as-meat products. First of three, well worth catching the rest.

geoffj

More to the point who is the woman who was mentoring / telling him what to do and who was at the dinner party at the end.

Very nice – reckon she deserves a show of her own!

atlaz
    Free Member

I did like the bit where he said that the old chef didn't speak a word of English despite the fact we'd already seen him speaking English. Sort of reminded me of Marjorie Dawes on Little Britain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlhFZrGfdJQ about 1:20 in).

I got the feeling he's never really travelled anywhere outside the UK that has less than a 4-star hotel in it because a lot of the stuff he seemed shocked by seems fairly moderate to me.

geoffj

Start Anise – STAR ANISE Don't f***ing wave at me – PMSL

firestarter
    Free Member

ah yes skidartist the famous shit in a bag 🙂

tang
    Free Member

poor man, if hes that hectic in real life….op missed by c4. with the right person and some more time it could have been a really good doc.

ive lived in villages(incl the tribal area he went to, such a missed op there) all over india and been taught to cook many regional dishes. in india life and culture really revolves around food; growig, selling preparing and eating. its also the no.1 concern for much of the population who live below the breadline. this could have been weaved into something honest, beautiful and interesting. like much of the indian winter season so far its been a bit crap. slumming it with kevin mcleod was ok but hes a bit of a tool as well. william dalrimple/mark tully etc should have been involved. this is infotainment for the celeb culture.

Spongebob
    Free Member

What a shame that such an exciting programme about discovering real authentic Indian food is spoilt by this bullying, foul mouthed, self-serving, arrogant TWUNT! 😀

Mof
    Free Member

The Piers Morgan thing about Shanghai on the other side was quite interesting.

ex-pat
    Free Member

+1 Spongebob. Not seen this series, but watch various hells kitchens etc. Anyway, the guy has anger management issues and is getting positive reinforcement for being like that, so it's going to get worse. Two One fat ladies is the way to go. At least they can use a shotgun.

theotherjonv

I found it so condescending at times. Telling one of the foremost Indian chefs that his cooking is so authentic made me cringe. Of course it is – read the definition of authentic before throwing it out as a compliment ffs!

And train thing was so staged – we nearly missed it but fortunately the crew was already on the train and set up to witness the near miss……

warton
    Free Member

I used to really like him when he was a chef, and the best in the wold at that. he always used to say he'd never do TV! Oh the irony. Hes turned into a laughing stock, and he was being really disrespctful last night, didn't like it at all.

He needs to get back to what he does best – cooking classic french…

bigyinn
    Free Member

I watched the american hells kitchen with him in it last week, considering the language on there, i was amazed there wasn't a full on pub brawl! I think there's less swearing on Goodfellas FFS.
    I've no problem with swearing and OTT stuff, but it was all so contrived.

Drac

People you aren't suggesting television is staged? 😯

llama

I quite like it.

Of course he is a prat who swears alot. What did you expect?

BoardinBob

Hes turned into a laughing stock

Aye, right you are.

A 3 Michelin starred laughing stock 😆

Drac

Is laughing stock made from Hyaena bones?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Very sharp Drac

anagallis_arvensis

I watched last nights and it was better, he's cock but was admitting it more last night.

lunge

I worked in kitchens for years as a chef and he is not an exception in that environment. Most chefs, and certainly most of the good ones i've worked with, are inherently louds mouths with bad attitude. Ramsay just happens to be an amazing chef who is bringing this to TV. Sure he is a prat, but he is also a bloody good chef.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

It gets worse.

Only turned on for a few mins whilst ads were on during NCIS. Can't believe how he behaved in the meditation pool.

badblood
    Free Member

front crawl in the meditation pool FFS! What a c*ck! the food looked awesome but how he didn't get stuffed inside that Goat at the wedding I will never know. He could have easily started an international incident he was so offensive! Hope he never goes into politics.

elaineanne
    Free Member

yep watched him last nite…quite funny…i think he,s hilarious… but why was he swimming in that water (spiritual water or something.. wen the other indian dudes were just chilling.. (and must have thort he the **** is this white idiot in our water…..then he tried to sit on that gold(knob) thing and was told NO you cant sit on that.lol laughed as Gordon got out the water as his white trousers became 'see -through' and he told the camera man to stop looking…lol jeez what an Eejit he is….

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I though he came over as really disrespectful in the retreat place. But my wife pointed out that the guru wasn;t particularly bothered about his uncouthness so why should we.

I used to quite like him but he's becoming a bit of a d1ck these days.

warton
    Free Member

Aye, right you are.

A 3 Michelin starred laughing stock

Do you think he's as respected as he was 5 years ago?. yes his restaurants have many Michelin stars, but he's not cooking in them any more,and his input to the menus will be minimal. The many talented chefs he personally bought through the ranks are going to be setting up on their own soon. Marcus Wareing already has. the point I was making is he's gone from very respected chef to TV star, fair enough, but he won't be respected by his peers anymore.

JonBurns
    Free Member

What like Ainsley Harriott?

Drac

Well I made one of the dishes last night and it was bloody lovely.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I watched last night's simply cos i was hoping he's go to Goa or Kerala, he took the p!ss something bad out of genuinely nice people. The look on the Guru's face said it all, 'crack on kid, if it makes you happy'

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Gordon ramsey on 4 now….’ is closed to new replies.