Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)
  • Google nexus 4 in stock on Play store NOW!
  • freeridenick
    Free Member

just ordered…website getting hammered though kept timing out 😛

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Thanks.

nickjb
    Free Member

Just order one, too. Website seemed ok as I flicked between the 8Gb and 16Gb and went straight through the purchasing which was also fast. Three clicks, no typing. Google seems to know a lot about me!

andyl
    Free Member

is that a good price? (no idea about phones)

scholarsgate
    Free Member

yes

nuke

Ordered mine…first smartphone I’ll have had, looking forward to it 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

is that a good price? (no idea about phones)

Yes. If I didn’t have a smartphone already, I would be getting one myself.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

andy – yes, very good. Google selling with very low margins to promote Android and the Play store (16GB is £399 in O2 or Carphonewarehouse). They sold out twice in 30 minutes both times before when there was stock – November and December.

I got on the December batch and it’s an awesome ‘phone’. Works out well for me on Giffgaff compared to a contract.

andyl
    Free Member

tbh I was thinking about just picking up a cheap Defy+ or Defy mini as I fancy a phone I can strap to the bike and I don’t have to worry about.

This thing from china is pretty cool though with the built in radio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rtkQvOzEqI

Shame there is not a more up to date compact rugged phone. The sony would be a winner but no front camera so useless for skype.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I was undecided between the 8GB and 16GB…broke the habit of a lifetime (i.e. not ‘auto-upgrading’) and went for the 8GB. I’m not much of a phone whore, so it won’t be laden with apps and I’d rather rip my own testicles off than watch a movie on one (plane journeys being the exception)…will carry some mp3’s but only a few dozen albums.

Will I miss the additional 8GB?

scaredypants

won’t it take a SD of some sort ?

Jamie
    Free Member

Will I miss the additional 8GB?

Yes.

chvck
    Free Member

On the flipside I haven’t missed it at all. Nowhere near filling my 8gb but i have pretty much everything “in the cloud”

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member

Can’t see it in the specs

Jamie – Member
    Yes.

Why? Genuine question. What’s gonna gobble up the storage, bearing in mind the usage stated above?

olddog

Want!

Will these take a standard sim-only contract sim from eg t-mobile. Sorry for the numpty question but I’m a bit old for this lark

cooie

Did it say in stock when you ordered? Says ships soon, 1-2 weeks now.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Bugger it…cancelled the 8GB and ordered a 16GB!

cooie – Member
    Did it say in stock when you ordered? Says ships soon, 1-2 weeks now.

Until today it was saying ‘unavailable’…I assume it means they have significan quantities on the way so they’re happy to start taking peoples orders. We’ll see…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I must admit that looks like a nice phone for the money, but 16gb is UTTERLY USELESS to me. I’ve got 28gb of music alone on my phone…..

chvck
    Free Member

I just use streaming services and sync up a selection. Doesn’t hae everything I’d like but has enough.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Ordered a 16gb earlier – have been checking it a couple times a day since I dropped my old phone last week and cracked the screen, so it’s good timing really 😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

Ordered one. Had an app on my phone which automatically alerted me when they had new stock 😀

stumpy01

Gah! Need (want) a new phone.

But want a macro lens for the slr more…

TooTall
    Free Member

tbh I was thinking about just picking up a cheap Defy+

Don’t bother. They are cheap and not available new for a reason. They are utter dogtoffee after a couple of months – loads of bugs in them despite being a good idea.

andyl
    Free Member

hmm I did fear that. Maybe a silicone bumper and a ziplock bag to waterproof are a better idea!

Any recommendations for a phone that’s a little out of date but still good? What are people upgrading from?

colournoise

Been holding off upgrading my Desire HD waiting for these to come back into stock. 16Gb Nexus order confirmed!

Now to look into cancelling my Orange contact and signing up to GiffGaff I reckon.

spooky_b329

I’m not into impulse purchases, but I feel I’m going to regret not jumping at this! Can’t really justify it when my original Desire was rejuvenated after some rooting action.

Edit: Whats that white dot bottom centre in some pics, not a optical scrolly thing like the Desire is it?

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Will these take a standard sim-only contract sim

No. It’s the micro sim type found on the later iphones.

No. Google want you to use their cloud services.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I just use streaming services and sync up a selection. Doesn’t hae everything I’d like but has enough.

Only if you have an Internet connection, too! 🙂
    And then there’s the other 26-27gb of apps, podcasts, video etc. I very quickly filled up a 32gb phone and I’m hoping this 64gb will be enough 🙂

josh1982
    Free Member

I got my mrs one on virgin few weeks ago…….bummer…….this on giff gaff would have been perfect……..maybe I’ll have one too……..work phone and personal needed?

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

16gb ordered, been waiting for it to come back into stock

gravity-slave
    Free Member

It’s night and day better than my Desire.

The dot at the bottom middle is the notification light. Can be programmed to be any colour you want with Light Flow app.

16gb is not much if you want to load it with content. However it’s easy to pin content from Play so it’s available offline then unpin later. You can also manage via drag and drop. Cloud is limiting when remote, on a plane or abroad. Larger storage would be nice but expensive. Price/spec is great.

Sim is a micro sim. Most providers can supply one or you can get a cutter. My giffgaff sim was scored so I just snapped off the outer part.

If you anyone wants a giffgaff sim order from my link and we both get a fiver credit:
    http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gravityslave

I_Ache
    Free Member

I would love one of these. I got a Nexus 10 for christmas and am thinking about buying the 7 for my wife and really fancy the 4. However I have a perfectly good Sensation* that is on a work contract so buying a 4 would be just for the sake of it. 8GB would be plenty for me, I keep 2 iPods in the car.

*Well for a HTC its perfectly good. I need something more reliable and stable to try and keep the few remaining brown hairs on my head!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I have the Nexus 7 and the 4 compliments it very well.

Sensations are fetching good money 2nd hand. A mate is selling one to mostly fund his 8gb Nexus 4.

That’s not helping is it 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

Not at all. Swine.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Looks like some are being shipped already.

I tried to cancel my 8GB model online but received an email telling me to ‘do one’ (words to that effect)…just phoned them and was told the same. When I queried why, I was told my order(s) have already shipped to TNT.

Jamie
    Free Member

So you have a 16GB and a 8GB coming, Rusty?

If so, I would wait till they go out of stock again, and chuck the 8GB on eBay. I imagine you might even turn a profit.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

So you have a 16GB and a 8GB coming, Rusty?

Due to my inability to make a decision and stick with it, yep. Not sure I cba to move it on to be honest…hopefully I’ll be available when the postie arrives at work and I’ll refuse the 8GB. Easy life for me!

Jamie
    Free Member

hopefully I’ll be available when the postie arrives at work and I’ll refuse the 8GB. Easy life for me!

*cue comedy refusing the 16GB version by mistake*

😀

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘Google nexus 4 in stock on Play store NOW!’ is closed to new replies.