Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Google Earth – it's been making me poorly!!
  • cinnamon_girl

Been checking out some terrain but, not for the first time, whilst using Google Earth, I end up feeling very queasy and sick. In fact, it actually lasted for a few hours. 🙁

Am I the only freak this happens to? Have absolutely no intention of ever using this again!

nbt

I have found that too. It's your body telling you to step away from the PC and have a medicinal beer

btbb
    Free Member

would wearing varifocals upside down correct the problem 🙂

epicyclo

Sounds like microfilm nausea.

I used to get it when browsing microfilm too fast – the feeling was very similar to the onset of seasickness.

Taking a regular break was the only thing that worked for me.

Jamie
    Free Member

I was reading the other day 10% of people get nauseous when watching films in 3D or playing computer games. Must be something similar going on.

cinnamon_girl

It happened about a minute afterwards! I get motion sickness, even on yesterday's Sandbanks Ferry trip for the Purbecks ride. 😳

Had to switch it off after a couple of minutes!

lowey

£d sick is very common when people play computer games.

cinnamon_girl

Jamie – interesting links. Well, I'm over 40 so pretty much written off! It does tie in with my lack of 3D vision etc but I don't play computer games though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Google Earth – it's been making me poorly!!’ is closed to new replies.