Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • Goodbye all
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Sc-xc

I think you are not reading the quote properly? (He says with gentle words!)

“be the change you seek” for me means the same thing as “be the change you wish to see”, i.e. the change that you want to see in the future, not which you are seeing right now, otherwise the quote would be “be the change you are seeing” 😀

The reason I was after your version of the quote is that I am using it in a workshop on transition and change 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I am using it in a workshop

Does this “workshop” contain spanners, hammers or any other tools*

If not, then stop calling it a workshop.

* Of course, it could be argued that anyone who uses the word “workshop” to describe a room full of people talking is a “tool” and therefore my point is irrelevant.

sc-xc

I’ll ask my guy (Richard at yesindeed.com)

Either way is cool, like your style!

simonralli2
    Free Member

It IS a workshop! 🙂

Integral Thinking – From Biology to Buisiness

http://transitionconsciousness.wordpress.com/2011/08/22/pensamento-integral-da-biologia-para-os-negocios/

sc-xc

Come on cfh, don’t fall into the trap of being a prick just becAuse it’s easy. Not everyone is as jaded as you would like to believe you are. And I say that with respect.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No, Simon. It is a “seminar” or some such thing.

This man never attended a seminar in his life, but he did spend much time in workshops.

simonralli2
    Free Member

A seminar is a presentation on a topic covering some facet of knowledge or skill. Seminars tend to be a blend of lecture and discussion. The program can be public or private and the presentation is often organized into modules. The speaker’s goal is to impart knowledge of the topic, and he or she typically uses a combination of lecture, visual aids, interaction with participants, and exercises to get the job done. Due to the emphasis on theory and the imparting of information, a seminar is typically no more than half a day (three hours).

A workshop is similar to a seminar but with a greater degree of attendee participation, interaction, and hands-on exercises, is usually a full day (six hours) where participants learn and practice the knowledge and skills that is the workshop’s focus.

In day two there are interactive sessions giving participants the opportunity to develop strategies and find solutions based on the teaching and group discussions in day 1! So more a workshop than seminar! I had a meeting about it today where we were looking at how to develop the activities and build them in to the various teaching sessions.

darrell
    Free Member

Bye.

I don’t really blame you.

tablesalt
    Free Member

unmoderated forums are always the best ones……..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

i hoped another of the irish forumites was gonna call it a day……..

As ever, I think the done thing is to start a belly (and a big one at that) rubbing thread on the bike forum about it. Go on, you know you need it.

Dancake
    Free Member

You will be sadly missed.

I am having a beer a waiting for the cricket highlights on 5.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Has he gone?

Who was he anyway?

Godd to see the Dibmeister mentioned in this thread! 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

To be honest the OP wasn’t anywhere near as good a goodbye as this!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48kAn3z1Zh8[/video]

rewski
    Free Member

@ simonralli2 – I’m crying LOFL

simonralli2
    Free Member

I was laughing a bit at his speech, but to be honest I finished the video wondering what on earth happened at the end!

rewski
    Free Member

mental

user-removed
    Free Member

I quite liked his speech, right up until, “GNR, FGNNR, RRRRR, NERRR, NRRRRRRR!!!”

Very odd.

racefaceec90

simonralli2 😯 🙂 😀 😆

zokes
    Free Member

simonralli2 – Member

I have seeked sought the quote on google

FIFY 🙂

Well, that’s a pity. Hardly a surprise, but definitely a pity.

And now for a joke hopefully more PC than the one that started it all….

What do you call an illiterate mini-Hitler?

An STW moderator…

simonralli2
    Free Member

Zokes

No need to correct – that was a little joke of mine, a play on words if you will 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

I don’t get ‘leaving’ a forum, it’s not like it’s any cost or effort to keep your username. Just don’t post anymore..

razor1548
    Free Member

****!

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP you are a great guy.

Stick around and stick it to those who make you want to leave….in fact….make them want to leave 😡

maxray
    Free Member

Has he gone?
    Who was he anyway?

Obviously not one of the elite eh elfin? 😯

emac65
    Free Member

He’ll still be here,just under a different username….

Gary_M
    Free Member

What’s this ‘I’m leaving’ attention seeking all about? If you need to ‘leave’ why not just not post anymore instead of the ‘look at me, look at me’ post. Your a grown man and you’ve posted on the Internet about leaving a forum, get a grip. ‘ it is with some sadness’, really, is that a joke or does a forum really mean that much to you?

Like I said before some people take the Internet way too seriously.

donsimon
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member

What’s this ‘I’m leaving’ attention seeking all about? If you need to ‘leave’ why not just not post anymore instead of the ‘look at me, look at me’ post. Your a grown man and you’ve posted on the Internet about leaving a forum, get a grip. ‘ it is with some sadness’, really, is that a joke or does a forum really mean that much to you?

Like I said before some people take the Internet way too seriously.
    Apparently.

enfht
    Free Member

Please don’t go, we’ll eat you up, we love you so, and Max said NO! 😀

btw what a typical response from the naked night prowler Elfin, geez he’s like the one annoying kid at a party ruining it for everyone else

Happy slapping, tank

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

RIP tankslapper I’m sorry that life was so hard and difficult for you on this internet forum that you had to make the arduous decision to publicly cancel your account, the stress of the decision must have been immense… however take the positive away with you that you may well have helped millions who have to make the tough decision to walk away from internet forums daily, they now know that they can do it too, and that people really will care when they announce it publicly on the forum.

Personally I’d be sueing the owners of this god damn awful forum who ultimately fault it is for luring you here in the first place.

God be with you… or some thing..

zokes
    Free Member

btw what a typical response from the naked night prowler Elfin, geez he’s like the one annoying kid at a party ruining it for everyone else

Sadly, this party has an increasing number of annoying kids. Either that, or all the good guys, OP included, have slowly left…

Best ask the big ($)hitters I suppose 🙄

enfht
    Free Member

Yeah but not all of them run around naked scaring innocent folk as they sleep

schrickvr6
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjZpqDYBvng[/video]

Woody
    Free Member

TTFN Tankslapper. Sorry to see yet another longstanding forumite having had enough.

Shame it’s not even possible to say goodbye without the predictable snide comments and accusations from the real attention whores.

zokes
    Free Member

Shame it’s not even possible to say goodbye without the predictable snide comments and accusations from the real attention whores.

This^^^^^

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

the naked night prowler Elfin

😆

Where TF did that come from??

That’s good, that is. I’ll have to remember to use that one in future. 😀

What was this thread about again?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You, it was all about you. Good innit?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuJyiwZ0580[/video]

I left a forum once.
    Should I go back and tell them I’ve left, I didn’t think to mention it at the time ?

donsimon
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLIerfXuZ4[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Goodbye all’ is closed to new replies.