Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Good riding nr Aust(Bristol)
  • Special_ized_Jamie

Looking for some riding after work and wanted some variation got the usual Ashton Court/Leigh Woods.

I work at Aust so figured there might be some nearby if anyone can give me some pointers?

wallop

I do believe there is some nice stuff in Blaise Woods. Not ridden it but a friend does so on a regular basis. Not too sure about nearer Aust – isn’t it flat out there?

Special_ized_Jamie

Very flat out this way but was hoping there would be some woods close by that I could ride just after work for a change of scenery

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    KINGTUT
    Free Member

TBH it’s more road riding territory there.

wallop

Looking at a map, there is Haw Wood and Berwick Wood near Hallen.

TexWade
    Free Member

Not sure about Aust itself but what about over the bridge and into Chepstow? It’s a lovely road ride out towards Tintern you cannot find any offload.

fadda

As Tex said – if you can see your way over the bridge, then there some reasonable trails around Chepstow.

LBS shop ride is, I think first and third Tuesdays in the month – 6:00pm outside the shop (559 bikes…)

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Wye Valley, Sirhowey, Cwmcarn, Wentwood, Machen mountain, Dursley, North Nibley, Forest of Dean all within about 30 mins.

Special_ized_Jamie

Thanks, I know there are a load of good rides on road as there is a group that rides straight from work a couple a days a week.

I fancied riding straight from the front door but doesn’t look like there much. I have on a couple of occasions ridden Cwm Carn and FoD after work but just looking for something quick. Hour long loop would be ideal

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Wye Valley is closer and doable from the door I guess, but a lot of it is cheeky and you would be best with a guide.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Good riding nr Aust(Bristol)’ is closed to new replies.