Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Good Friday/BH Monday riding
  • rOcKeTdOg

What are your riding plans?
    Fri: leading the first annual NW Alps Good Friday ride
    Mon: thinking Wyre Forest for singletrack and cake

You?

binners

Friday – Local Jaunt from Rammy, including the turbines.
    Monday – The Marple Alps

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Gale force winds and several cm of rain so far this afternoon, hopefully it’ll improve a little by the weekend 🙁

Pyro

Not riding, but prepping for and recovering from 12hrs of Exposure.

spudnick
    Free Member

friday – hopefully FOD or Hopton red route
    not riding monday but maybe cwmcarn on tuesday

nick

kevtoo
    Free Member

National Park just outside Reims on Friday & Sat, then off to watch the roadies on the cobbles in the Paris-Roubaix on Sun. “Rest Day” on Monday methinks… 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

hoping our weather hops over the channel for P-R

Tracey

Friday above Ladybower with new bike. Monday boarding in Alpes dhuez

Northwind

Off to Castle Douglas- Drumlanrig, Kirroughtree, Mabie probably, and somewhere else.

tk46hal
    Free Member

The usual Yorkshire hills of Calderdale, but looking at the weather outside right now, it looks like the winter clothes are going to be back out! 😥

grahamt1980

friday morning – maybe herts if I get up in time, then monday a ride at woburn.
    Will be a good weekend

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Friday building pump track in the sports centre.
    Saturday building pump track in the sports centre
    Sunday riding pump track in the sports centre
    Monday hung over or hospital

_tom_
    Free Member

Good friday probably recovering from a hangover then going for a road ride in the afternoon if the weather’s nice. Then I’m working all weekend so won’t get a bank holiday monday.

Riding Woburn on Thursday 🙂

blueraven
    Free Member

Heading to North Wales for the weekend, details still to be confirmed but looking like Dragons Back on the Friday, Syfydrin Trail on Saturday, still undecided on what else we will do.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Staying local, I drive enough during the week and I don’t want to get stuck in Bank Holiday traffic

vinnyeh

Couple of days in North Wales as well- giving this Pont Scethin route a go, a trip to Coed-y-Brenin, and hopefully something else.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hayling Round the Island Race (windsurfing) Fri then hungover till late Sat by which time I’ll climb on the roadie into the SDowns over Hartington way, Sunday is reserved for Paris-Roubaix as eva, Monday will take the 29SS over to Arundel to continue my stint discovering that area.

mintimperial

Might get a night ride in on Friday, if I’m lucky. Damn kids and relatives. 🙁

crispybacon
    Free Member

Friday – visiting the outlaws 😕

Monday – guiding a few off here on Dartmoor hopefully in some decent weather 🙂

singletrackmind

bikebouy – Member

Hayling Round the Island Race (windsurfing) Fri

You will sail past my flat then . Hope you get a nice westerly F5 , but history shows its not been great .

Off to pick up a sail from Chesham so maybe a ride around there Fri .
    Possibly THT @ Stanmer Sat .
    QE sunday prob.
    Mon Maybe Punchbowl

Mounty_73

Good Friday – Leading a group in Shrewsbury.
    Bank Holiday Monday – riding either the Wyre or the Mynd.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Wyre on Friday and Probably Saturday but with a hangover.
    Wednesday that trail from Barmouth to Dollgeau
    Thursday Harlech beach

kimbers

well depending on the weather I shall be with the missus (her 1st ride of the year – the fox forks I got her never been used ! ) and will be taking our new croozer trailer out for its first off road adventure so kimbers Jr can get his first mtb fix ! probably to swinley

IainGillam
    Free Member

The SCCU Good Friday Meeting @ Herne Hill on Friday, Rapha Hell of the North 3 on Sunday.

Iain

mattbee

Fri helping with pump track build in S’oton.
    Sat cheeky am ride with wife then work in pm.
    Sun not sure atm, poss out with dog in QECP if its not too busy.
    Mon helping with pump track build in QECP.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

We’ve got 4 nights camping booked in Edale, but having just looked at some Peaks webcams, I’m not so sure now….

monksie
    Free Member

It’ll be right agent. It’s warming up nicely now.
    I’m doing an all day Dark Peak ride on Friday, where ever the wind takes me really, no definate route planned and I’m going to have a look at the White Peak on Monday. I hardly know the White Peak off road.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Good news then Monksie… Dont want to be riding Jacobs Ladder and Stanage Plantation with ice on the ground really.

I spent New Year in the Lakes with an ice axe ready and waiting for snow, no sight of any, and now this when me and the bike are ready to go.

Aaaagggghh! Plan B is Exmoor

matthew_h
    Free Member

Friday – working
    Monday – working

Ah well, say hello if you call in

flyingmonkeycorps

Friday – taking a newbie to Dalby, and linking up some of the fun bits whilst avoiding some of the dull.

Monday – quality time with the Mrs, BUT

Tuesday – Dark Peak. Hopefully 30 miles or so, not sure where exactly yet. Possibly start Fairholmes, over to Hope and back. something like that.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Not riding on Friday but planning to take a newbie on a local Dales ride on Sat

Mon – maybe a jaunt out in Calderdale but I have Weds off work as well so might do something then instead

sefton
    Free Member

road biking it up for a change!

GlennG
    Free Member

Friday triscombe uplift
    Sat and Sunday xc blast on my new 29er across the quantocks
    Sunday packing bike for week at switch-backs DH in Malaga – can’t wait 😀

TheSwede
    Free Member

Somewhere special Friday, local Bredon hill sat and Wyre forest monday with Mick Arms so might see you about.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Hoping to get out round Ambleside ( Iron kield, loughrigg) on Friday. Hope the weather is ok and there isn’t to many walkers.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Am likely to be free on Friday as GF is busy with work and wall-to-wall sunshine is forecast in the SW. Am thinking about a day trip. Exmoor? always a laugh (apart from the huge climbs). I’ll see if M is free.

lee93
    Free Member

No biking till Monday as I’m off to Leeds! So Monday if wether is good will see me at maybie in the morning
    And whinlatter in the afternoon!!

rOcKeTdOg

TheSwede – Member

Somewhere special Friday, local Bredon hill sat and Wyre forest monday with Mick Arms so might see you about.

you buying the cake?

forge197
    Free Member

Sadly none, physio tomorrow to see what I can do to sort myself out.

TheSwede
    Free Member

It’s Micks shout RD.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Good Friday/BH Monday riding’ is closed to new replies.