Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Good Day Bad Day
  • Mog
    Free Member

After 18 months of badgering work to join a cycle to work scheme I had an email today telling me they had signed up. Good Day.
    The email went on to say they'd signed up to Halfords' scheme and capped it at £600. Bad Day.
    I was hoping to go for the £999 Planet X or Boardman.
    Don't suppose there's anyway round this? Anyone managed to increase their limit on a scheme?
    (I know in the grand scheme of things it's not a particularly bad day but as I do most of my riding in the week, due to family commitments, I would genuinely be using the bike for commuting and fancied something a bit nice!)

brakes
    Free Member

why would they cap it?

Elmo
    Free Member

Royal Mail do to.

But £500. They feel its enough to get a decent "commuter" with.

Pah, what do they know!

Mog
    Free Member

Don't know, bakes, that's what I thought too. I understand why it needs to be under £1000 as the company needs a credit license for higher amounts (I think), but I don't see why it would make much difference to them if I spent £99 or £999 – set up costs, etc all the same?
    Don't get me wrong, £600 is plenty to get a decent commuter, but as my commute is my training run too I fancied something a bit … better.

Suggsey
    Free Member

See if they will order you in a frame and forks and wheels ie rolling chassis?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Good Day Bad Day’ is closed to new replies.