Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Glasses misting up – Oakley Jawbone?
  • Limy
    Free Member

Rode Cwm Carn yesterday and despite treating my old glasses with anti fog spray they were still misting up on the climbs. Anyone got any tips for stoping this? Thinking about getting some Oakley Jawbones with vented lenses but are they worth investing in?

Thanks in advance.

JoB
    Free Member

stop making excuses for getting some Jawbones and just buy them

mt
    Free Member

cat crap works a treat.

hp_source

What JoB says…. or go a bit faster uphill 🙂

Dougal
    Free Member

Radars with vented lenses also work well, possibly better due to lack of frame.

Going faster also helps.

theflatboy
    Free Member

JoB – Member

stop making excuses for getting some Jawbones and just buy them

you saying that has reminded me of a picture of that sheep from many, many years ago – decked out in the oakleys du jour, probably subzeros, with a peak protruding from forehead and generally the creme de la creme of fashionista gear all over. can't find it, but i'm sure you know the one

reckon a set of jawbones would define the contemporary equivalent!

delusional
    Free Member

you saying that has reminded me of a picture of that sheep from many, many years ago – decked out in the oakleys du jour, probably subzeros, with a peak protruding from forehead and generally the creme de la creme of fashionista gear all over. can't find it, but i'm sure you know the one

reckon a set of jawbones would define the contemporary equivalent!

This one?

linky

Crell
    Free Member

My non vented Jawbones are prone to steaming if I'm working hard on a climb (which is technically something that should never happen) – they are such a close fit to your ( well… my) face. Go vented.

dans160
    Free Member

Get some Fogtech. It does actually work.

iain1775
    Free Member

Old motorcyclists trick – a small amount of washing up liquid on inside of lens and then wiped off
    Works as well if not better than all those fancy anti misting sprays
    always done me good with my Oakley Halfjackets

jd-boy
    Free Member

Yep the washing up liquid works a treat, small amount smear over lense, let dry, polish off, works fantastic.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I've used Bob Heath anti fog spray, and it's absolute pish compared to the Fog Buster stuff I get from vision express. £3 for a bottle that'll last a year, apply every week or so.

theflatboy
    Free Member

delusional – Member

This one?

linky

literally, completely that one! good work!

insert jawbones in the above, i'd say!

njee20
    Free Member

Radars with vented lenses also work well

+1, and look better if you've got a relatively small face.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Glasses misting up – Oakley Jawbone?’ is closed to new replies.