Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Giro Xen (inner cradle) issue
  • z1ppy

One of the clips that holds the cradle inside the helmet onto the helmet has worn (no idea why, as my 1st Xen lasted 3 years happily) and so pops out when-ever I tighten it up. So I don't believe it going to protect me properly when I fall off….

Would this be covered by Warrenty? Who would I contact? (retailer as it less than a year old or the importer.. [madison?])

Mister-P
    Free Member

Your first port of call for all warranty would be the place of purchase.

z1ppy

**** just realised it's actually over 12 months old (doh! this 2010 now, not 2009), is it madison who deal with Giro?
    Anyone know of a Warrenty contact email for them?

Mister-P
    Free Member

As I stated above…

Kit
    Free Member

Had the same problem. I wore mine happily for another year. It got worse, and heard someone else had the same problem so clearly common!

carlos
    Free Member

Same here, I zip tied the two plastic cradle parts to the helmet itself and wore it for 12 months+ before changing for new without issue. Also heard it happening to others

tomhughes46

Mine is held together with tape. Happened not long after I bought it. Was told by LBS it is my fault, and not warranty issue.

Edit: just realised it's a Hex.

z1ppy

hmmm, not heard of the issue before and my last Xen lasted 3 years with the issue, maybe a zip tie will be the answer.
    Email CRC in hope anyway… though I reckon from memory the replacement scheme Giro run means that it'd still be cheaper to buy a new helmet from CRC than purchase one on the scheme…

toons
    Free Member

Got the same problem, 8 months old!

toyrobot
    Free Member

Happened to me and I also zip tied the shell and cradle together, wore it happilly (safely? I don't know) like this until I got another Xen from MBUK letters page. Actually, put an hour into writting a decent letter and you might land a new one like that.

Ambrose

Same problem here. I put a tiny dot of uber pva glue into the socket in the shell. Wore it like that for a long time- two years or so m'thinks before the hat became so ragged out I replaced it with another Xen.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Same here, superglued it in the hole, holds fine now.

Hal
    Free Member

I had the same problem two years after i got my Xen so i bought a new cradle and pad from Chain reactin and good as new 8)

JRTG
    Free Member

2 days for mine and abut 1 week for my E2, zip ties all the way.

Timmo
    Free Member

mines done the same, super glued it first and held for best part of a year then crashed and it popped out again, have it taped up now on both sides after trying some contact adhesive which tried to eat the polystyrene bit! oooops! but seems fine taped up!

phiiiiil

I had a related issue yesterday in that neither side was plugged in the little hole anyway – I've no idea how long it's been like that but it's been fine as far as I know, it seemed perfectly stable even with a helmet mounted light or headcam up there.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Giro Xen (inner cradle) issue’ is closed to new replies.