Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Giro Prolight and Ionos
  • BIGMAN
    Free Member

Anyone on here use them?? What do you think to them??

JoeNation
    Free Member

I have tried a Prolight in a shop, and even though it's just a helmet and it shouldn't matter, it's amazing. Feels like I'm wearing nothin' at all, nothin' at all, nothin' at all…

Seriously though, it's really comfy and you do notice the difference (I use an Atmos, predecessor to the Ionos). The straps are very simple though, so less room for adjustment (ie try before you buy). I say if you can afford the Ionos, might as well stump up for the Prolight, if it fits right.

Chevin
    Free Member

I use an Ionos. Love it. The Prolight does weigh nothing and you can't feel it on your head at all, but……it does look a lot like a "older" style helmet. Very minor and I know it shouldn't matter, but when you're spending that sort of money it does matter! Giro say the Ionos is still the better more vented helmet where as the Prolight is for the gram counters. (it was made for the TDF riders who can't drop bikes below UCI limits so started looking at the kit they wear.)

From a shop point of view we sell way more Ionos than Prolight.

Matthew

cynic-al
    Free Member

the retro version, expensive in its day at £60!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I had a sub 6 😀

Chevin
    Free Member

I used to have a Sub 6 and then a pro version of it. They were ace!

Matthew

Dougal
    Free Member

Had an Ionos for two years now. Awesome helmet, supremely comfortable.

Prolight just seems a bit on the silly side, especially on the MTB where you're looking for some more pointy rock protection.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Have an ionos and love it. The ventilation is the best I have experienced. In fact i have a hex i use in winter as the ionos is so well vented.

The prolight looks like it has teeny tiny vents.

Mister-P
    Free Member

You could fit a winter liner in your Ionos.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

yeah i have that, but then where would my excuse go for more kit 😉
    On a more practical note, my joystick does not seem to fit well in the ionos – the mount either presses on my head or the light has to go off to one side.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Giro Prolight and Ionos’ is closed to new replies.