Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Ghostbusters reboot
  • Saccades
    Free Member

Melissa McCarthy is funny like a hole in the head. No thanks.

Pook

I’m looking forward to it. And now, having seen the trailer, so is my wife.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Yeah I watched it. Forgotten it though. Maybe she means intellectually street wise, on an existential level ?

Northwind

bencooper – Member

Someone recut the trailer, making it look much better.

Aye. If that had been the trailer, this thread would be totally different.

Now, I’m not saying it’s not going to suck, because like everyone else I’ve only seen the trailer. But it shows how daft it is to judge a film based on a trailer. It’s like judging a book by having the publisher select 10 lines from it for you to read.

Presumably the focus groups say this trailer plays well. I think it’s crap, but, I am but one man.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

About as entertaining as a dead dog.

That trailer makes it look complete £&@/.

No sexism, just the script and comedy are not there.

drlex
    Free Member

If only my children were a bit younger, I’d be buying this lego set for ECTO-1 with a decent excuse.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I am a huge critic of most things cinema, and I don’t see too much wrong with this trailer. Something must be broken

Cougar

If only my children were a bit younger, I’d be buying this lego set

Wut?

If it helps any, I’m approaching my mid-40s and don’t consider myself too old for Lego.

shermer75
    Free Member

The Kate McKinnon character looks pretty you cool

konabunny
    Free Member

They’ve still got the street smart black person, though. Because a black scientist street smart white person would just be ridiculous.

Wikipedia says that Winston was supposed to be a multiple PhD holding scientist of greater stature than the other three, but that was dropped. I now can’t quite remember how the other 3 come across him in the original.

Janine played the part of “street smart white person” in the original.

Drac

. I now can’t quite remember how the other 3 come across him in the original.

He turned up for an interview and told them he believed anything for a steady pay check.

konabunny
    Free Member

That’s a bit rubbish. So is the characterisation of the black lead in the remake, so I suppose it’s true to canon…

Northwind

konabunny – Member

Wikipedia says that Winston was supposed to be a multiple PhD holding scientist of greater stature than the other three, but that was dropped.

Apparently the part was originally written for Eddie Murphy but he was caught up filming something else, a Beverley Hills Cop maybe? So Ernie Hudson was brought in but the part was hacked down. He still got the best line in the film though.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRT5rK4Q1nk[/video]

Northwind

konabunny – Member

That’s a bit rubbish. So is the characterisation of the black lead in the remake,

Turns out, that part was written for a white actress.

MSP

Turns out, that part was written for a white actress.

I think everyone should be thankful they decided against blacking up a white actress.

Northwind

:mrgreen: While we’re on childhood favourites, I was pretty amazed that the slightly racist indian stereotype guy Ben in short circuit was a white american, blacked up. That was in 1988 ffs!

I haven’t dared look up if it was a real robot.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I haven’t dared look up if it was a real robot.

Nope. It was Gary Coleman wrapped in tinfoil.

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Ghostbusters reboot’ is closed to new replies.