Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Ghostbusters reboot
  • Cougar

The trailer’s here.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw[/video]

And dare I say it… it looks like it might turn out to be Quite Good. (Aside from the godsawful orange stripes on the uniforms anyway.)

kimbers

I’m not convinced

Reboot/remake/rehash needs to bring something a bit different, it all seems very predictable and familiar

P-Jay
    Free Member

3 White Brilliant but quirky Scientists and a Black ‘street smart’ recruit fight ghosts, whilst driving about in a converted hearse – I can understand why it’s called Ghostbusters now and not Ghostbusters 3.

I’m sure it’ll be a laugh, but the only original idea seems to be that they’ve made them all female.

loddrik
    Free Member

If they bring the same humour that Bridesmaids has it should be great. Bridesmaids was brilliant. So good to see women starring in films that isn’t fluff or romcoms.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m sure it’ll be a laugh…

You might have set your expectations a bit high.

SaxonRider

Ray Parker Jr. has got to be pinching himself.

Drac

Beat me to it.

Yup certainly shows some potential.

SaxonRider

If they bring the same humour that Bridesmaids has it should be great. Bridesmaids was brilliant. So good to see women starring in films that isn’t fluff or romcoms.

Agreed, but an important element must be that it’s funny. And that trailer doesn’t look funny.

perchypanther
    Free Member

they’ve made them all female.

Ooooh! That’s going to be tricky if they have to “cross the streams”

lovewookie

not sure what to make of this. starts off inferring that the original ghostbusters happened, as in it was a thing, but then looks like it’ll be a near rehash of the original storyline.

Either make no reference to the original, or have it as an up to date continuation of the guys ghostbusting legacy.

I’m sure it’ll be fun nonetheless.

The-Beard

Is it just me or did the ghosts not look as good as they did in the originals? I get the feeling I’ve seen it all before, certainly didn’t look like it’s worth a trip to the moving picture house.

Drac

Is it just me or did the ghosts not look as good as they did in the originals?

Well I thought the opposite.

nuke

Ghostbusters is one of my favourite films from childhood so Im going to set my expectations very low for this new film and hope it exceeds them

I heard the other day the fire station featured in the original film is currently being demolished 🙁

jimjam
    Free Member

Shitfest. If they went through the film and decided those were the best bits for the trailer…….I’m oooot.

Yak

This sort of thing makes me feel old. There’s just no need – the original is still great.

Harrrummmph, grump, pah….

martinhutch

Shitfest. If they went through the film and decided those were the best bits for the trailer…….I’m oooot.

Yup. My thoughts exactly. Looks utterly, utterly, shite.

bencooper
    Free Member

They seem to have forgotten the funny.

woody2000

nuke – where did you see that? It was threatened with demolition years ago but it was rescued.

I don’t think I’ll be going to see this new version, I like the original(s) too much! :0)

SaxonRider

It’s a shame they are demolishing the station. The following advertisement, based around that station, was made by VW for independent cinema. It is simply brilliant.

Make your own day, and watch it.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvDL5ao29zs[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Molgrips has reacted to your post.

AlexSimon

loddrik – Member

If they bring the same humour that Bridesmaids has it should be great. Bridesmaids was brilliant. So good to see women starring in films that isn’t fluff or romcoms. Can I recommend you try some films from outside of Hollywood?
    A few off the top of my head…
    Run Lola Run
    Three Colours (trilogy)
    Y Tu Mama Tambien
    Talk to Her
    Amelie

chubstr
    Free Member

Another rehash/reboot/call it what you will.

There are funny women out there, but I cannot abide this “Apatow” style of humour that gets old really quickly. Can’t quite explain it but it’s awkward and drawn out until they’ve rung out every second that they can.

The original film was one of the funniest films of the 80’s, Bill Murray was amazing and it still makes me laugh

johndoh
    Free Member

Agreed, but an important element must be that it’s funny. And that trailer doesn’t look funny.

Exactly my thoughts. The only half amusing bit was the Dawn French lookalike doing the Linda Blair moment with her head.

I doubt I will go out of my way to watch this even when it comes to Freeview.

retro83
    Free Member

The Beard – Member

Is it just me or did the ghosts not look as good as they did in the originals?

Yeah, the effects in the original 2 were amazing!

loum
    Free Member

not sure what to make of this. starts off inferring that the original ghostbusters happened, as in it was a thing, but then looks like it’ll be a near rehash of the original storyline.

Anyone seen Star Wars The Force Awakens….?

Drac

Anyone seen Star Wars The Force Awakens….?

Never heard of it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I was in Boston when they were filming this. Saw Ecto1 and did a little shriek of delight!

Film looks average.

STATO
    Free Member

There are funny women out there, but I cannot abide this “Apatow” style of humour that gets old really quickly. Can’t quite explain it but it’s awkward and drawn out until they’ve rung out every second that they can.

Its like Hollywood (or Kristen Wiig specifically) realised this is a popular type of humour, and just replaced every possible joke with it. Works well when applied at the appropriate moment, but you cant overuse it or it kills a film.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Harold Ramis must be turning in his grave.

no, just no

scotroutes

Have they got a guy playing the Sigourney Weaver part? *

* not that I’m suggesting that ladies can’t love/bump uglies with ladies….

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Straight to video…

(Certainly won’t bother seeing this at the flicks)

footflaps

Drac – Moderator

[quote]Anyone seen Star Wars The Force Awakens….?

Never heard of it.[/quote][/quote]

Keep it that way!

Pook

Oh it looks alright you miseries!

tpbiker
    Free Member

looks terrible

IdleJon

I’ve watched the trailer twice because of your comment and haven’t got a clue what you’re on about.

Thete are two or three scenes that could have been written specifically for Bill Murray but nothing at all that suggests a Judd Apatow influence.

nickc

Why (apart from money obvs) does Ghostbusters need re-making?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Gutted it’s not a zombie vampire cowboy **** yeah mashup in grit-o-vision, WTF are they thinking!

timb34
    Free Member

Wow…

…Harold Ramis is dead? I missed that.

Film looks OK.

athgray
    Free Member

Harold Ramis must be turning in his grave.

He might make a cameo appearance.

PJM1974
    Free Member

So long as it passes the Bechdel test.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Ghostbusters reboot’ is closed to new replies.